Lavafox Soon to Join PaleMoon!

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Sasquatch

Re: Lavafox Soon to Join PaleMoon!

Unread post by Sasquatch » 2016-12-30, 06:49

I'm running Lavamoon now and I'm very happy with it. I just need to get it to work on my Gmail page. Is it possible to override any page just by adding it to the list? Or does it take more effort? Also, is it possible to enable themes without using stylish? There's no telling whether plugins will remain available after Firefox makes the big change next release. I prefer not to rely on plugins anyhow.

Shadeclan

Unread post by Shadeclan » 2017-01-03, 16:29

latitude wrote:BTW, is it your initiative to contact Ziggy?
I've been in contact with Ziggy since I first installed Pale Moon some years ago. He has always been very helpful in providing snippets and work-arounds for Pale Moon but he had not shown any desire to support Pale Moon directly until recently when Firefox announced that they would be pulling the plug on real themes and add-ons.

latitude wrote:That's a good idea to be Pale Moon evangelist to any theme devs.
Pale Moon would have a good future with abundant full themes.

Thank you, Shadeclan.
I do what I can. I really like Pale Moon a lot and want it to succeed and I think add-on and theme compatibility is key.

My ultimate dream is to see Pale Moon usage surpass Firefox's numbers when Firefox had a lot of users - that would send a message to Mozilla that they would actually hear, methinks! :twisted:

kizo07

Unread post by kizo07 » 2017-01-07, 15:25

Shadeclan wrote:My ultimate dream is to see Pale Moon usage surpass Firefox's numbers when Firefox had a lot of users
:) Yes Woody. Revenge tastes the best when is cold - Sicilian proverb ;)

'I prefer to be a dreamer among the humblest, with visions to be realized, than lord among those without dreams and desires.'

Shadeclan

Unread post by Shadeclan » 2017-01-09, 13:19

kizo07 wrote:Yes Woody. Revenge tastes the best when is cold - Sicilian proverb ;) ...
Huh. Thought that was an old Klingon proverb ... :D

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2017-01-09, 13:56

Shadeclan wrote:
kizo07 wrote:Yes Woody. Revenge tastes the best when is cold - Sicilian proverb ;) ...
Huh. Thought that was an old Klingon proverb ... :D
I thought that as well until I read Mario Puzo's The Godfather.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

kizo07

Unread post by kizo07 » 2017-01-09, 17:37

Shadeclan wrote:Huh. Thought
Nigaikaze wrote:I thought
You two guys reminds me about those two old grumpy guys from Muppets...you know, those two from balcony ;)

Shadeclan

Unread post by Shadeclan » 2017-01-09, 17:40

Off-topic:
kizo07 wrote:
Shadeclan wrote:Huh. Thought
Nigaikaze wrote:I thought
You two guys reminds me about those two old grumpy guys from Muppets...you know, those two from balcony ;)
Yeah! And, if you don't watch yourself, we'll start talking about our prostates! :D

kizo07

Unread post by kizo07 » 2017-01-11, 22:34

Shadeclan wrote: Yeah!
I'm beginning to think that you and I actually were born as twins that were separated at birth.
Later in life ... I got common sense and you fluent English. ;)

Shadeclan

Unread post by Shadeclan » 2017-01-12, 15:05

kizo07 wrote:
Shadeclan wrote: Yeah!
I'm beginning to think that you and I actually were born as twins that were separated at birth.
Later in life ... I got common sense and you fluent English. ;)
:-D

Macca

Unread post by Macca » 2017-02-11, 00:20

Shadeclan wrote: My ultimate dream is to see Pale Moon usage surpass Firefox's numbers when Firefox had a lot of users - that would send a message to Mozilla that they would actually hear, methinks! :twisted:
At that point, I doubt they would be able to do much besides understanding the message after their downfall.

Shadeclan

Unread post by Shadeclan » 2017-02-14, 15:34

Macca wrote:
Shadeclan wrote: My ultimate dream is to see Pale Moon usage surpass Firefox's numbers when Firefox had a lot of users - that would send a message to Mozilla that they would actually hear, methinks! :twisted:
At that point, I doubt they would be able to do much besides understanding the message after their downfall.
Too true.

Shadeclan

Unread post by Shadeclan » 2017-03-15, 14:54

Ziggy made some changes to his LavaFox and BlackFox themes for PaleMoon in version 2.5.0. Unfortunately, he had to remove some of them to maintain compatibility with FireFox. The problem is in the addon-bar and the functionality can be recovered by placing this small snippet in Stylish:
Zigboom wrote:
... You may need to add to stylish the following code (for PM) once updated the themes to version 2.5.0, specifically if using the addon-bar ..

Code: Select all

#addon-bar {
 visibility: visible;
}
May need to add it this way (try the above first, if not working that try this one)

#addon-bar {
 visibility: visible !important;
}
He also has written some Stylish code to animate and make appear / disappear disabled toolbar buttons (particularly the back / forward buttons). You can find and install the code from the UserStyles.org website. Try it out - personally, I liked it.

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-03-16, 09:47

Shadeclan wrote:Ziggy made some changes to his LavaFox and BlackFox themes.... The problem is in the addon-bar and the functionality can be recovered by placing this small snippet in Stylish:
Zigboom wrote:
... You may need to add to stylish the following code (for PM) once updated the themes to version 2.5.0, specifically if using the addon-bar ..

#addon-bar {
 visibility: visible;
}
May need to add it this way (try the above first, if not working that try this one)

#addon-bar {
 visibility: visible !important;
}
He also has written some Stylish code to animate and make appear / disappear disabled toolbar buttons (particularly the back / forward buttons). ... UserStyles.org website
So if you install these styles, will they affect/break other themes?
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

Shadeclan

Unread post by Shadeclan » 2017-03-16, 12:42

gracious1 wrote:So if you install these styles, will they affect/break other themes?
No. If you install any of Ziggy's LavaFox or BlackFox themes, all the functionality for Ziggy's themes may not be present unless you add the little snippet I included in my post above to Stylish. Other themes should be unaffected.

Shadeclan

Unread post by Shadeclan » 2017-03-20, 15:46

Just wanted to post a part of the latest email from Ziggy:
ZigBoom wrote: I'm going to move to PM quite soon, when Nightly gets to version 57 (that will be the end of FF as we know it if all goes by plan).

Sure, going to support PM fully, it's very easy because they don't change the UI with every release (like FF) :-)
I'll just change a few lines for the PM version (that you have a fix for in a user style).

Best regards,

Ziggy

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-03-20, 16:01

Good to know! :thumbup:

Once Ziggy moves to PM, if he wants his themes on the Add-ons Site (though he could host elsewhere if he wants, assuming AMO removes these types of things eventually), he's free to let me or Andrew know and it can be arranged. :)

Shadeclan

Unread post by Shadeclan » 2017-03-20, 17:10

Lootyhoof wrote:Good to know! :thumbup:

Once Ziggy moves to PM, if he wants his themes on the Add-ons Site (though he could host elsewhere if he wants, assuming AMO removes these types of things eventually), he's free to let me or Andrew know and it can be arranged. :)
I will forward your message to him directly. He'll probably read it tomorrow, though - he is in Thailand, after all! :D

Shadeclan

Unread post by Shadeclan » 2017-05-03, 13:09

Just a little encouraging update from Ziggy:
Ziggy wrote:
Shadeclan wrote:... You really should get an account [on the Pale Moon forum site] and browse the forums. There’s always lots of interesting stuff happening – and, of course, it’s always thrilling to find yourself at the beginning of something really great. As I said in my earlier email, it’s the persistence that counts. Pale Moon fills a need and many people would use it if they knew that it existed ...
Of course, I will join the forums soon and will upload the updated themes to PM directly.

I'm waiting for FF to reach the final step (Nightly is already at 55, 57 will be the end ..), then I could focus all my FF based themes development to PM. (will create a fork, then fix all PM theme bugs)

I also wait to see if Moonchild will do a later form at FF version 50 + ..

I predict needing some time also to create a new (very limited) version of the themes for FF 57 +, so keeping some reserve for that too, they'll probably not give developers time to get ready .. still no sign of new theme API.

It will be a pleasure to move to a new project, one that respects it's contributors .. Mozilla became an "evil corp" .. but also dumb, not creative .. cannot talk with them, they answer "chat-bot" answers straight from the PR department :)

FF will probably be late with the drastic changes but anyway, it's coming soon :) looking forward ..

FF is dead, long live PM ;-)

Best regards,

Ziggy

http://www.zigboom.com

Latitude

Unread post by Latitude » 2017-05-21, 08:58

Shadeclan wrote:Just a little encouraging update from Ziggy:
His skins are quite good although there are a missing toolbar icons.
I try them in Firefox.

I hope steva would join PM too so FT DeepDark could be PM exclusive.

half-moon

Unread post by half-moon » 2017-05-21, 13:27

Latitude wrote:I hope steva would join PM too so FT DeepDark could be PM exclusive.
Agreed. I will admit that for a while now (since like around March), I switched away from using dark themes. The amount of hours with daylight are getting longer and my room gets decent enough light, so now I really don't need a dark theme (atleast I won't need one until Winter).