[Release] Various theme ports/forks

Dedicated board for theme releases/support threads

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Forum rules
Please do not create new topics here unless you are a theme author in need of a dedicated releases&support thread!
Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: [Release] Various theme ports/forks

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-12-14, 23:52

Aeromoon has been updated to v1.4.1.

What's new?
- add separator to download items in places
- Vista/Win7: remove text shadow from menubar when tabs on top

kutykurutty

Unread post by kutykurutty » 2016-12-15, 22:16

Hi Lootyhoof,

Wow, huge work you have done with all these themes. :thumbup:
I know thousands of other themes could be suggested, but I try my luck. there was the old Netscape look (not the green/silver new one), which is so unique and pretty (I know tastes are different of course). Pale Moon is the last browser where I could install that theme, but with v27 it has some issues. :(
Unfortunatelly, I am not a developer, so I have to ask you, whenever you have the time to look inside of this theme and if it doesn't need too much time, could you please fix it? Dunno how difficult that would be, its only a question. :roll: :)

https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?p=100729#p100729

Thanks in advance.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-12-15, 22:26

The "progress bar" you see is likely to in fact be the RSS button (assuming it's the bar in the second screenshot). Does this fix it?:

Code: Select all

#ub-feed-button,
#ub-feed-button > .button-box,
#ub-feed-button:hover:active > .button-box {
  padding: 0px;
  margin: 0px;
  border: 0px;
  box-shadow: none !important;
  background: none !important;
  transition: none !important;
  background-color: transparent !important;
}

#ub-feed-button {
  -moz-appearance: none;
  min-width: 0px;
  list-style-image: url("chrome://browser/skin/places/livemark-item.png");
  -moz-image-region: rect(0px, 32px, 16px, 16px);
}

#ub-feed-button:hover {
  -moz-image-region: rect(0px, 16px, 16px, 0px);	
}

kutykurutty

Unread post by kutykurutty » 2016-12-15, 22:44

Lootyhoof wrote:The "progress bar" you see is likely to in fact be the RSS button (assuming it's the bar in the second screenshot). Does this fix it?:
First of all thank you for the unbelievable quick reply! Yes, its the second screenshot. I have put the code into userChrome.css. Something has in deed happened, the RSS icon appeared instead of that progress bar:
n2scapebar.JPG
but basically if I do not need to see the RSS button, I can turn RSS off in about:config and the issue is gone without the code also. Nevertheless if RSS needed, your solution works, although the width is probably a compability issue right?

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-12-23, 00:18

White Moon has been updated to v1.6.1. This is a fairly minor update, just to update a couple of icons (password manager icons, and an extension icon) to be consistent with upstream. Plus, always good to get a nice white theme out this time of year... :shh:
kutykurutty wrote:Nevertheless if RSS needed, your solution works, although the width is probably a compability issue right?
The width is most likely due to the padding of the button. A little experimentation here and there should help find the culprit, I'm sure. ;)

kutykurutty

Unread post by kutykurutty » 2016-12-27, 15:09

Lootyhoof wrote: The width is most likely due to the padding of the button. A little experimentation here and there should help find the culprit, I'm sure. ;)
First of all thanks again, that you take the time responding to my questions. :thumbup:

I know what you mean, but I'm unfortunatelly not that familiar with modding of themes and at the moment I can live without the RSS button. :) On the other hand this below is a bit more "annoying" issue. After I have downloaded something, the button and text is broken. :(
Do you have any solution for that problem maybe? If it isnt so complicated, I definitely would try to solve it myself according to your instructions.

Cheers,
nsc.jpg

Mioni

Unread post by Mioni » 2017-01-05, 23:11

Why not remove that space between the button? :mrgreen:

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-01-21, 19:44

Fox 2 The Moon has been updated to v3.0.0. This update has changed various components of the theme to work as they otherwise do in the default theme (e.g. adding the plugin icons the browser expects to use, etc.). It has also improved the appearance of various areas of the theme. :)

What's new?
- add border for download items
- WinVista/7: add inner window border
- improve statusbar appearance
- improve findbar appearance
- fix padding of toolbar items in statusbar
- fix styling of overflow arrows in tab bar
- fix padding of tabs
- sync devtools styling with PM default theme
- sync about:addons styling with PM default theme
- sync plugins UI with PM default theme
- make panel content fade-in rather than fly-in on Windows
Mioni wrote:Why not remove that space between the button? :mrgreen:
I'll look into this soon. :)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-01-22, 15:11

You probably need the extra space for private windows.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

dataprep
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by dataprep » 2017-01-23, 20:13

I am disappointed with version 3.0.0 of Fox 2 The Moon. Rather than "improve the appearance of various areas of the theme", I believe it makes various areas of the theme darker in appearance. After trying out version 3.0.0, I went back to version 2.3.0.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-01-23, 22:07

dataprep wrote:I am disappointed with version 3.0.0 of Fox 2 The Moon. Rather than "improve the appearance of various areas of the theme", I believe it makes various areas of the theme darker in appearance. After trying out version 3.0.0, I went back to version 2.3.0.
Could you please elaborate on this? What is darker?

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2017-01-23, 22:44

Actually im using this very theme with my fifty ways desktop theme on linux and pale moon looks superb...love dressing the best browser up for the ball lol.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-01-24, 22:13

Fox 2 The Moon has been updated to v3.0.1.

What's New?
- fix tab padding

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-02-01, 21:36

PMChrome has been updated to v3.0.0. PMChrome now looks even better with a dark persona on - snazzy! ;)

Linux users should also notice a difference with the menubar and tabs bar (when tabs are on top), as these are now styled using the native menubar stylings for your GTK theme. This in turn also means you get a nice new inverted hamburger appmenu icon, if your GTK theme's menubar styling is dark, and should also prevent any text colour issues in the menubar.

What's new?
- improve menubar appearance on Linux
- add inverted hamburger appmenu icon on Linux
- improve appearance of inverted toolbar icons
- use hamburger on about:addons
- about:addons categories should not be in uppercase
- fix padding of caption buttons on Windows 10 in personas mode
- sync devtools styling with default
- cleanup of redundant styling

dataprep
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by dataprep » 2017-02-09, 20:12

Lootyhoof wrote:
dataprep wrote:I am disappointed with version 3.0.0 of Fox 2 The Moon. Rather than "improve the appearance of various areas of the theme", I believe it makes various areas of the theme darker in appearance. After trying out version 3.0.0, I went back to version 2.3.0.
Could you please elaborate on this? What is darker?
Sorry for my delay in responding. I believe the Add-ons page is darker now. In addition to using the default Pale Moon theme's plugin icons, the page has a bluish tint, whereas before it had a grayish tint. By bluish tint, I am referring to the part of the page outside the plugin listings - the top part of the webpage, the left side, where Get Add-ons, Extensions, Appearance, and Plugins are displayed, and the bottom sliver of the page. Another part of the theme which is darker, which was also true in version 2.3.0, is the Print Preview screen. The Print Preview appears the same as it does using the Pale Moon default theme. I do not know if you can control the appearance of the Print Preview screen via a theme; maybe not.

I need to add that I have now updated Fox 2 The Moon from 2.3.0 to 3.0.1. I very much appreciate your fine work, Lootyhoof, porting over the most popular themes from Firefox to Pale Moon!!

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-02-14, 22:51

Lootyhoof wrote:If anyone would like any other complete themes ported, do let me know and I'll take a look - do note that some, such as FT DeepDark, cannot be forked, due to their licenses.
Since you asked, would it be possible to port Red Cats 6.0.0. It comes in two flavors, Green and Blue. I am currently using Blue Flavor, but I have had to use Stylish to fix the double-writing in the URL bar.

The developer has written newer versions for Firefox 40+, but version 6.0.0 appears to be the last one compatible with Pale Moon (as Firefox 27.9).
The links to the flavors above take you to the Firefox add-ons site. Then there is the mozillaZine support thread.
Here is his/her website, which also has an email link:
http://bluecatsgraphics.com/Firefox_Themes/cats/

Maybe the developer would be willing to focus on Pale Moon since Firefox is killing support for full themes anyway? (Makes me wonder why anyone is developing a Firefox theme anymore).

Thanks!
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-02-14, 23:10

That post is old, and I can't edit it to remove that message.

Unfortunately I can't take on any more themes at this time, sorry.

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-02-16, 22:41

Ah well. I'm coming late to the game anyway.
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-02-16, 23:06

Unfortunately, the licensing on this theme also prevents such edits. You'd have to hope the author makes a port of it if you want it to survive, I'm afraid.

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-02-21, 00:29

Well, I did write to the developer, and asked her/him to consider making a PM version of the theme. In the meantime, fixes offered by Justoff and fillerup have made the theme usable if not perfectly compliant in every respect.