BlackFox V2 - Load Icon - how to modify?

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

mades

BlackFox V2 - Load Icon - how to modify?

Unread post by mades » 2016-12-23, 01:07

Is there a way to modify the load icon for BlackFox? The one in the tab when the page is loading. I can't seem to be able to modify it. I was testing it out with a load gif from a website. Regardless of what I do, it fails. I also tried using display: none to make sure I had the right class (which I am pretty sure I have).

The best attempt I came up with is this:

Code: Select all

.tab-throbber {
  background-image: url("https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b1/Loading_icon.gif") !important;
  background-repeat: no-repeat;
}
The end result, strangely enough, is a white background with the original loading icon over it. :?

I also tried this out (which should work I think, considering it's CSS within the class itself). Though I must admit, images within CSS isn't my forte. I hate dealing with images within CSS, it's such a pain. Anyhow, this gave me a square rainbow... with the original load icon... I give up.

Code: Select all

.tab-throbber {
 border-top: 2px solid blue !important;
 border-right: 2px solid green !important;
 border-bottom: 2px solid red !important;
 border-left: 2px solid pink !important;
}

Shadeclan

Re: BlackFox V2 - Load Icon - how to modify?

Unread post by Shadeclan » 2016-12-23, 16:08

Are you talking about the BlackFox theme by ZigBoom? If so, I highly recommend you contact Ziggy about this issue. I am using his LavaFox themes and they don't have that issue. Ziggy lives in Thailand so it might be a day or so until he contacts you, assuming your time zone is way different - be patient.

If you haven't already done so, you might want to upgrade to the latest version of your theme - Ziggy's been adding Pale Moon refinements in the last month to his LavaFox themes and I assume he's doing the same for his BlackFox themes as well - your issue may resolve itself. If not, contact Ziggy - he's very good about fixing his themes and he's on board for Pale Moon support.

mades

Unread post by mades » 2016-12-23, 18:23

Shadeclan wrote:Are you talking about the BlackFox theme by ZigBoom? If so, I highly recommend you contact Ziggy about this issue. I am using his LavaFox themes and they don't have that issue. Ziggy lives in Thailand so it might be a day or so until he contacts you, assuming your time zone is way different - be patient.

If you haven't already done so, you might want to upgrade to the latest version of your theme - Ziggy's been adding Pale Moon refinements in the last month to his LavaFox themes and I assume he's doing the same for his BlackFox themes as well - your issue may resolve itself. If not, contact Ziggy - he's very good about fixing his themes and he's on board for Pale Moon support.

I guess I could contact him. I will do that. There is no problem with his theme, I would simply like to change one thing about it, as I find the icon distracting. Thanks for the tip.

Shadeclan

Unread post by Shadeclan » 2016-12-23, 18:59

mades wrote: ... I guess I could contact him. I will do that. There is no problem with his theme, I would simply like to change one thing about it, as I find the icon distracting. Thanks for the tip.
The load icon is part of the theme, so yes you do have a problem with it. Ziggy should be able to help you fix it. He may even be aware of the issue already and have a fix.

Are you running the latest version of his themes? You might also try downloading and running one of Ziggy's Lavafox themes, see if it give you the same issue.

The other thing it could be is one of your add-ons has a detrimental effect on the tabs and the load icon with Ziggy's themes. You might try disabling your add-ons and see if it fixes the issue.

mades

Unread post by mades » 2016-12-25, 19:35

Shadeclan wrote: The load icon is part of the theme, so yes you do have a problem with it. Ziggy should be able to help you fix it. He may even be aware of the issue already and have a fix.

Are you running the latest version of his themes? You might also try downloading and running one of Ziggy's Lavafox themes, see if it give you the same issue.

The other thing it could be is one of your add-ons has a detrimental effect on the tabs and the load icon with Ziggy's themes. You might try disabling your add-ons and see if it fixes the issue.

I sent an email to him via his website, but I accidentally stumbled recently on the path of where the theme was kept. So, I i actually modified it myself, and replaced some of the pngs in the .jar file. I currently have the standard Pale Moon load icon. But if ever he could actually modify his theme to allow icon switching, that would make things easier for sure in the future.

Shadeclan

Unread post by Shadeclan » 2017-01-03, 16:19

[quote="mades"I sent an email to him via his website, but I accidentally stumbled recently on the path of where the theme was kept. So, I i actually modified it myself, and replaced some of the pngs in the .jar file. I currently have the standard Pale Moon load icon. But if ever he could actually modify his theme to allow icon switching, that would make things easier for sure in the future.[/quote]
I'm sure Ziggy will get back to you, if he hasn't already. He's very good about responding to issues.