Send to Mail Recipient x64 issue (and partial fix)

Support topics for the mail/news/chat client
back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Send to Mail Recipient x64 issue (and partial fix)

Unread post by back2themoon » 2016-09-16, 00:03

I installed once again FossaMail x64 to see if this problem went away. Still not working unfortunately - no crash, but nothing happens. Probably another perennial Windows issue (lots of complaints available online).

Here's a simple workaround. Create a FossaMail shortcut by right-clicking on FossaMail.exe/Send To Desktop (create shortcut) and move that shortcut in the "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo" folder.

Now when right-clicking on a file, select FossaMail instead of Mail recipient and voilà. The problem: it doesn't work with multiple file selections, it will attach only one. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will fix this, too.

(x64 version is indeed snappier than the x86 on my PC)

Katryne

Re: Send to Mail Recipient x64 issue (and partial fix)

Unread post by Katryne » 2016-11-22, 09:57

Thank you for the tip. I hope the issue will be solved.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2016-12-12, 00:58

There's another workaround (found it here): you can set the Fossamail.exe/Properties/Compatibility mode to Windows 8 (or earlier) and "Send to Mail Recipient" will work perfectly, including multiple attachments.

The only compromise seems to be a change in FossaMail's theme, which will now look a bit like earlier Windows.

Katryne

Unread post by Katryne » 2016-12-12, 14:04

you can set the Fossamail.exe/Properties/Compatibility mode to Windows 8 (or earlier)
Thanks for the tip. But how can I achieve this, please ? Where can I modify Fossamail compatibility ?

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2016-12-12, 17:38

You can either go to FossaMail's installation folder (Program Files/FossaMail) and right-click FossaMail.exe/Properties/Compatibility and enable the Compatibility mode, or you can right-click on a FossaMail shortcut instead (in the Desktop or the Start Menu) and do the same.

Katryne

Unread post by Katryne » 2016-12-12, 18:31

Yes ! :thumbup: I did it !!! Many thanks. :clap: