Version 27 in Linux Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Re: Version 27 in Linux

Unread post by gracious1 » 2016-12-09, 02:03

I did that of course. I run sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade regularly. But for some reason, Pale Moon is not updating.
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

Toa-Nuva
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Toa-Nuva » 2016-12-09, 09:04

Have you also tried "dist-upgrade" instead of just "upgrade"? I don't know if the Pale Moon package had any changes in its dependencies recently, but if it did, that might prevent it from updating on your system.

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2016-12-13, 09:23

Well, now here is something interesting. The last time I ran an update I got this:

Code: Select all

W: There is no public key available for the following key IDs:
B7B9C16F2667CA5C
W: An error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error: http://download.opensuse.org  Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 0FAD31CA8719FCE4

W: Failed to fetch http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/stevenpusser/xUbuntu_14.04/Release  

W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
I am puzzled by this because I followed the instructions at the Pale Moon website on adding the repository to my sources list, along with the key, at https://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=home%3Astevenpusser&package=palemoon

And I followed the instructions again, and I still got the same result.
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

Sector11

Unread post by Sector11 » 2016-12-18, 20:29

Reading package lists... Done
W: GPG error: http://download.opensuse.org  Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 0FAD31CA8719FCE4
root@bunsen:/home/sector11# 
I just got the same moments ago. :(

stevenpusser
Project Contributor
Project Contributor

Unread post by stevenpusser » 2016-12-20, 18:55

I have been informed that the commands that the openSUSE Build Service generates to add the key won't work with sudo, they must be run as root in the terminal. Without a root account as in Ubuntu, just run

sudo -i
in the terminal to create a temporary root shell in there, then run the commands in that root shell.

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-02-25, 00:55

stevepusser wrote:Without a root account as in Ubuntu, just run

sudo -i
in the terminal to create a temporary root shell in there, then run the commands in that root shell.
This may have been asked already, but is there any way that you can add this notation to the instructions on your installation page at openSUSE?

stevenpusser
Project Contributor
Project Contributor

Unread post by stevenpusser » 2017-02-25, 19:05

Unfortunately not--the instruction page is automatically generated by the OBS. I can enter a project name, title, and description, and then package names, titles, and descriptions, but only the package name is shown in that instruction page, and I can't edit older posts of mine on these forums for some reason. Maybe a moderator could add the extra instructions to my first post in this thread?