[Release] Various theme ports/forks

Dedicated board for theme releases/support threads

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Forum rules
Please do not create new topics here unless you are a theme author in need of a dedicated releases&support thread!
dataprep
Moonbather
Moonbather

Re: [Release] Various theme ports/forks

Unread post by dataprep » 2016-10-13, 13:49

Lootyhoof, I appreciate all the great work you've done porting the best non-default Firefox themes over to Pale Moon!! I do have a silly question, though. Is there a way to only download a theme? It appears the only option is to download AND install a theme. Earlier this year, I was able to right click the Download button and "Save Link As" to save the themes for offline installation.

Weboh
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by Weboh » 2016-10-13, 14:39

You can just click the link to download/install it, and then go to about:addons and reselect your current theme so that it doesn't automatically apply the other one. Then you can go to

Code: Select all

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon\Profiles\qipjrjql.default\extensions
in Windows Explorer and copy the theme from there to archive an offline copy.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-10-13, 16:09

I provide a mirror for all theme releases in the relevant GitHub repositories should anyone need them. :)

dataprep
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by dataprep » 2016-10-13, 16:21

Thanks much, Lottyhoof! I thought I might be able to obtain a copy from your GitHub repositories. Thanks for confirming as much!!

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-11-01, 23:30

XMoon has been updated to v1.4.1. This fixes the close button in the alltabs popup and, more interestingly for some, adds initial (experimental) support for macOS:

Please note that this does not indicate support on macOS for other themes just yet. Further research is required for these still.

Enjoy! :)

asimperson
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by asimperson » 2016-11-26, 07:31

I realize you don't fully support macOS at this point, but I wanted to report that ForecastFox (fix version) 1.4.8 appears to break in v27 with LittleMoon 1.4.0 on macOS (Sierra, fwiw).

I tested this with a blank profile with just LittleMoon and Forecastfox installed and it doesn't show up in the status bar. I did the same on Windows and it works fine. Forecastfox also works with the default theme.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-11-26, 22:26

Thanks for the report in any case. :) If I ever get to porting those themes to macOS I'll take a look into this. :thumbup:

win7-7
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by win7-7 » 2016-11-27, 10:18

Fox 2 The Moon theme has left padding issue with download window add-on. It also has same left padding problem with library window UI based to quick testing.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13826&p=98748#p98691

There is screenshot of problem.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-11-30, 21:31

Thanks, I think I've figured what's causing this. It's affecting quite a few themes, so I'll be pushing the fixes out soon. :)

bernid

Unread post by bernid » 2016-12-01, 08:45

Lootyhoof wrote:....If anyone would like any other complete themes ported, do let me know and I'll take a look - do note that some, such as FT DeepDark, cannot be forked, due to their licenses.....
Hi Lootyhoof,
Please have a look for one of the top rated Whitehart theme:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... -dl-rating
http://dongato.dyndns.org/whitehart/
https://code.google.com/archive/p/white ... /downloads
Maybe it could be added to Pale Moon themes?
It would be awesome.
Regards,
B

Mioni

Unread post by Mioni » 2016-12-01, 11:00

I use an extension called private tab and everytime I use it the palemoon button exceeds the size and eats a part of tab.
I use White Moon. PL 27.1

bernid wrote:
Lootyhoof wrote:....If anyone would like any other complete themes ported, do let me know and I'll take a look - do note that some, such as FT DeepDark, cannot be forked, due to their licenses.....
Hi Lootyhoof,
Please have a look for one of the top rated Whitehart theme:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... -dl-rating
http://dongato.dyndns.org/whitehart/
https://code.google.com/archive/p/white ... /downloads
Maybe it could be added to Pale Moon themes?
It would be awesome.
Regards,
B
nice theme, love it

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-12-01, 20:59

Thanks for reminding me about that issue in White Moon - I knew there was something I needed to fix. ;)

I'll be updating all themes quite soon to support the devtools in v27.0.2, so this will be included.

With regards to Whitehart, it is a nice theme, however finding time to work on (and maintain) it at present is an issue. An alternative for now could be reinheit. :)

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-12-06, 20:15

All themes have been updated, to support the developer tools in Pale Moon 27. Additionally, the padding of the all downloads view (plus downloads window, as long as the extension is installed) has been improved on themes where this was an issue.

Please note that support for Pale Moon 26 has had to be removed from these releases, and will not work on that browser version.

snertev

Unread post by snertev » 2016-12-07, 17:39

A slightly OT question: is there any chance to have a White Moon twin theme for Fossamail?

Sincerely, I really dislike the default theme for Win 10 derived from Thunderbird's one. :thumbdown:

SenDion

Unread post by SenDion » 2016-12-09, 18:15

Lootyhoof wrote:If anyone would like any other complete themes ported, do let me know ...
Would you please take a look at Foxscape theme. Can it be ported?

Nixal

Unread post by Nixal » 2016-12-09, 18:25

This is concerning Pale Moon 27.0.2 and Aeromoon 1.4.0 on Windows 7.

The white glow around the menu bar text when using tabs on top that 11ryanc mentioned is still there. Also, the tab background color is slightly different from the navigation bar background color below it. Please see attached pictures, if you look closely you will see that there is a difference.

The tab bar, the tab icons when connecting to a page, and the "notification" (I don't know the proper term for this) in the address bar when connecting with HTTPS, are also different in Aeromoon compared to "Firefox 3 Aero theme for Firefox 4+ 2.0.1". The tab text is also bold while in the other theme it is not. Again, please see attached pictures. The bar, icons, notification, and text in the latter are closer to how Firefox used to look. Don't mind the text in the address bar - I understand this is because of changes in Pale Moon 27. These differences are of course not issues at all, it's just that Aeromoon feels slightly "less authentic".

So, I mainly wanted to mention the white glow and the tab background color. The other things might be nice, but are not as important. It might not be possible to have it look exactly as it used to. Still a great work on Aeromoon, and I will continue to use it! :)
Attachments
am140.jpg
fa201.jpg

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-12-10, 01:20

SenDion wrote:
Lootyhoof wrote:If anyone would like any other complete themes ported, do let me know ...
Would you please take a look at Foxscape theme. Can it be ported?
I'm afraid I cannot take on any more themes at present. I will be releasing one more quite soon (Walnut port) due to the significant demand, however from that point I will not be porting any further themes.
Nixal wrote:This is concerning Pale Moon 27.0.2 and Aeromoon 1.4.0 on Windows 7.

The white glow around the menu bar text when using tabs on top that 11ryanc mentioned is still there. Also, the tab background color is slightly different from the navigation bar background color below it. Please see attached pictures, if you look closely you will see that there is a difference.

The tab bar, the tab icons when connecting to a page, and the "notification" (I don't know the proper term for this) in the address bar when connecting with HTTPS, are also different in Aeromoon compared to "Firefox 3 Aero theme for Firefox 4+ 2.0.1". The tab text is also bold while in the other theme it is not. Again, please see attached pictures. The bar, icons, notification, and text in the latter are closer to how Firefox used to look. Don't mind the text in the address bar - I understand this is because of changes in Pale Moon 27. These differences are of course not issues at all, it's just that Aeromoon feels slightly "less authentic".

So, I mainly wanted to mention the white glow and the tab background color. The other things might be nice, but are not as important. It might not be possible to have it look exactly as it used to. Still a great work on Aeromoon, and I will continue to use it! :)
The text glow has now been fixed and will be included in an update soon. :)

With regards to the rest, this is by design. The original theme was not faithful enough to Firefox 3, so this theme aims to fix that. I do not intend to revert these changes, sorry.

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by riiis » 2016-12-10, 01:46

For several complete themes, toolbar button icons do not all display properly using the "Classic Toolbar Buttons" extension (customize window set to small icons, toolbar button type = "menu"). Images below show "menu" buttons from the "Disconnect" and "Personna Switcher" extensions with the "Reinheit" complete theme (version 1.5) on Pale Moon 27. Reinheit version 1.4 displays the same as 1.5, so the problem doesn't seem related to the recent upgrade. Also note, I tried several other complete themes besides Reinheit. Many of these other themes, but not all, also showed the same problem. The default theme also displayed menu-button's, with small icons, properly.
Reinheit with large icons (OK)
Reinheit with large icons (OK)
reinhart-lg.jpg (17.68 KiB) Viewed 2816 times
Reinheit with small icons (not OK)
Reinheit with small icons (not OK)
reinhart-sm.jpg (13.86 KiB) Viewed 2816 times
Tangerinemoon with small icons (OK)
Tangerinemoon with small icons (OK)
tangerinemoon-sm.jpg (16.49 KiB) Viewed 2816 times
No big deal, but Is this compatibility problem, with Classic Toolbar Buttons, easily fixable?

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-12-13, 23:57

Cannot confirm here using the recommended settings (small icons mode, using "large & small buttons" mode for classic buttons in CTBB). If you are using any of the other modes in that add-on please take note of the FF29+ only warning on them, hence the incompatibility.

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by riiis » 2016-12-14, 01:12

... for classic buttons in CTBB ... please take note of the FF29+ only warning on them, hence the incompatibility
Your diagnosis is absolutely right-on. I apologize for my error. I had the wrong Navigation-Toolbar-buttons menu selected in CTBB (1.4.2.1-signed). All themes, not just some, now work with CTBB.