Fonts Revisited

Board for discussions around the Epyrus mail and news client.

Moderator: athenian200

JoeyG
Astronaut
Astronaut
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Fonts Revisited

Unread post by JoeyG » 2024-01-12, 13:03

Happy New Year to all.

Back in Nov 22, there was a discussion of font-related issues, but I have a new computer - and a new issue.

I'm using Epyrus 2.1.1 on Windows 10 Pro x 64 on the machine, , which I have connected to 30-inch NEC PA 301W monitor. The system zoom is set to 125%.

My problem is that - although the font size of the emails is fine - the Epyrus client fonts are too small for my taste.

I'm familiar with the "Theme Tweaker" extension. However, as mentioned back in the Nov 22 postings, although it's offered among the tools that work with Epyrus, my experience says it doesn't. (Just for the record, it works fine in Pale Moon, up to and including v. 32.5.2.)

Is there a setting in Epyrus that enlarges the theme, or might there be a way to get Theme Tweaker to work?

Thank you.
"And you can believe me because I never lie - and I'm always right."
(Asserted by George Leroy Tirebiter* and my wife; only the latter is telling the truth.)
*Firesign Theater version

athenian200
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Re: Fonts Revisited

Unread post by athenian200 » 2024-01-12, 13:28

Well, the only setting I know of myself that would help in this kind of situation is to go to the Config Editor (either under the Tools menu or right off the AppMenu depending on how you use Epyrus), and change the value layout.css.devPixelsPerPx to something like 1.5. I added that quick access to Config Editor feature a while back, and noticed most people still take the long, winding path that existed before to reach that menu because they didn't notice it...

I really don't mess with extensions much and am not very good at getting them to work with Epyrus... even though I am the developer of it, I am a bit clueless about the JS/XUL side of things and others know more than me. If there is a feature I can easily implement that would make this work better, though, I will gladly go ahead and do it, after all I would like the client to be accessible.
"The Athenians, however, represent the unity of these opposites; in them, mind or spirit has emerged from the Theban subjectivity without losing itself in the Spartan objectivity of ethical life. With the Athenians, the rights of the State and of the individual found as perfect a union as was possible at all at the level of the Greek spirit." -- Hegel's philosophy of Mind

JoeyG
Astronaut
Astronaut
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Unread post by JoeyG » 2024-01-12, 13:41

GREAT- your solution is direct and easy.

You are the champion!

This case is closed. Thank you very much.
"And you can believe me because I never lie - and I'm always right."
(Asserted by George Leroy Tirebiter* and my wife; only the latter is telling the truth.)
*Firesign Theater version

gabrgv
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by gabrgv » 2024-01-12, 15:44

I think you can achieve the same through the userChrome.css file:

Code: Select all

…/chrome/userChrome.css
-----------------------------
window,
page,