A heads-up about Epyrus 2.1.1.

Board for discussions around the Epyrus mail and news client.

Moderator: athenian200

athenian200
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

A heads-up about Epyrus 2.1.1.

Unread post by athenian200 » 2023-12-02, 01:51

Two things to be aware of...

1. I accidentally uploaded the wrong update.xml file for the 32-bit Windows version of Epyrus at first, and it would have upgraded you to a 64-bit version. I replaced it with the correct xml file within minutes, but if you are affected you will have to manually reinstall Epyrus in order to get back to the 32-bit version.

2. The commit I built Epyrus 2.1.1 against wasn't working on Linux at first, due to LDAP issues. If you are building Epyrus for another OS, be advised that it may not build out of the box and may require a patch.
"The Athenians, however, represent the unity of these opposites; in them, mind or spirit has emerged from the Theban subjectivity without losing itself in the Spartan objectivity of ethical life. With the Athenians, the rights of the State and of the individual found as perfect a union as was possible at all at the level of the Greek spirit." -- Hegel's philosophy of Mind

Piotr Kostrzewski
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: A heads-up about Epyrus 2.1.1.

Unread post by Piotr Kostrzewski » 2023-12-02, 09:29

Good morning @athenian
I have a question: are there any new expressions in update 2.1.1?
I'm asking because if so, I will download a new version from English to translate into Polish (as you saw, I'm still working on it and there are first results, slowly due to time, but I'm trying) whether I can continue using the current version. Congratulations on the update.
Have a nice weekend.
Regards,
Piotr

Old_Radio
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Old_Radio » 2023-12-02, 16:38

Why is the Epyrus 'Options - Advanced - Update' setting regarding Epyrus Updates being ignored? We never select auto-update. We do not do bleeding-edge.

Why is there no data in 'Release Notes'? Clicking on it any where produces nothing.
Win 8.1 x64 or x32, Win 7 SP1 x64. Nothing hanging on Pale Moon except uBO and P M Commander.

athenian200
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by athenian200 » 2023-12-02, 17:58

Piotr Kostrzewski wrote:
2023-12-02, 09:29
Good morning @athenian
I have a question: are there any new expressions in update 2.1.1?
I'm asking because if so, I will download a new version from English to translate into Polish (as you saw, I'm still working on it and there are first results, slowly due to time, but I'm trying) whether I can continue using the current version. Congratulations on the update.
Have a nice weekend.
Regards,
Piotr
Actually, no. I left the strings the same, so there are no new strings in Epyrus. There were almost two new ones, but I found a way to solve the problem without adding them.
Old_Radio wrote:
2023-12-02, 16:38
Why is the Epyrus 'Options - Advanced - Update' setting regarding Epyrus Updates being ignored? We never select auto-update. We do not do bleeding-edge.
Well, can you tell me what you mean by "ignored"? I have never played with those settings to see if they work or not, and didn't even know they were there. What is "we do not do bleeding edge" supposed to mean? I think it's a bit ridiculous to call this release "bleeding edge" when very little has changed in Epyrus and mostly it is just a platform update...

Still, if you have updates turned off, Epyrus shouldn't update.
Why is there no data in 'Release Notes'? Clicking on it any where produces nothing.
Honestly, I'm too lazy to produce proper release notes at this point in Epyrus development... if I have to do that, new versions will come even slower than they have been coming. I plan to add them eventually, but right now release notes are a work in progress. 98% of the work is done in UXP, so the Pale Moon release notes cover all the important stuff. The Epyrus release thread contained pretty much everything of note that was added to Epyrus.
"The Athenians, however, represent the unity of these opposites; in them, mind or spirit has emerged from the Theban subjectivity without losing itself in the Spartan objectivity of ethical life. With the Athenians, the rights of the State and of the individual found as perfect a union as was possible at all at the level of the Greek spirit." -- Hegel's philosophy of Mind

Piotr Kostrzewski
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Piotr Kostrzewski » 2023-12-02, 18:17

athenian200 wrote:
2023-12-02, 17:58

Actually, no. I left the strings the same, so there are no new strings in Epyrus. There were almost two new ones, but I found a way to solve the problem without adding them.

Thank you very much.
I'll comment on my post about the Epyrus problem in a moment if you don't mind.

Old_Radio
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Old_Radio » 2023-12-02, 20:39

Where may a user obtain back level installer or .zip packages for MS Windows? Your web site has nothing.
Win 8.1 x64 or x32, Win 7 SP1 x64. Nothing hanging on Pale Moon except uBO and P M Commander.