Epyrus menu does not work in a maximized window. Topic is solved

Board for discussions around the Epyrus mail and news client.

Moderator: athenian200

Piotr Kostrzewski
Lunatic
Lunatic

Epyrus menu does not work in a maximized window.

Unread post by Piotr Kostrzewski » 2023-11-09, 14:29

Hello,
As in the title, the Epyrus Menu does not work in a maximized window.
I don't know if it's an error on my side because I haven't seen anyone report such an error.
Thank you very much for your time.
Have a nice day.
Regards,
Piotr

athenian200
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Re: Epyrus menu does not work in a maximized window.

Unread post by athenian200 » 2023-11-09, 14:36

Well, I can't reproduce this on Windows. Did you encounter this bug on Linux, or...?
"The Athenians, however, represent the unity of these opposites; in them, mind or spirit has emerged from the Theban subjectivity without losing itself in the Spartan objectivity of ethical life. With the Athenians, the rights of the State and of the individual found as perfect a union as was possible at all at the level of the Greek spirit." -- Hegel's philosophy of Mind

Piotr Kostrzewski
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Piotr Kostrzewski » 2023-11-09, 14:50

Could this be influenced by the resolution? I'm using 1366x768. Thank you for the fast reponse.
On Windows.

Piotr Kostrzewski
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Piotr Kostrzewski » 2023-12-02, 18:21

athenian200 wrote:
2023-11-09, 14:36
Well, I can't reproduce this on Windows. Did you encounter this bug on Linux, or...?
In version 2.1.1 the problem still exists.
I have prepared a recording, I hope you will see what I mean despite the watermark.
Have a nice weekend.
Regards,
Piotr
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

athenian200
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by athenian200 » 2023-12-02, 18:55

fullscreenepyrusmenu.png
Are you trying to say that the AppMenu doesn't work when the window is maximized?

That's what I meant when I said I couldn't reproduce it... look at my screen. For me it has always worked...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The Athenians, however, represent the unity of these opposites; in them, mind or spirit has emerged from the Theban subjectivity without losing itself in the Spartan objectivity of ethical life. With the Athenians, the rights of the State and of the individual found as perfect a union as was possible at all at the level of the Greek spirit." -- Hegel's philosophy of Mind

Piotr Kostrzewski
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Piotr Kostrzewski » 2023-12-02, 19:04

That's what I mean.
I know, but I thought that maybe if I show you, something might come to your mind.
It helps me.
Do you suspect what might be the cause or how to get around it?
Changing resolution?

athenian200
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by athenian200 » 2023-12-02, 19:13

Piotr Kostrzewski wrote:
2023-12-02, 19:04
That's what I mean.
I know, but I thought that maybe if I show you, something might come to your mind.
It helps me.
Do you suspect what might be the cause or how to get around it?
Changing resolution?
Do you have a 1920x1080 monitor? I don't have a smaller one to test with, but if your problem goes away on that one, then you might be right.

EDIT: Changing the resolution of my monitor to 1366x768 doesn't cause the problem, either.

Also, I notice you're using Windows 7. I haven't actually tested the e-mail client much on Windows 7, so that could also be the issue. My development system runs Windows 10 Pro.

Piotr Kostrzewski
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Piotr Kostrzewski » 2023-12-02, 19:27

athenian200 wrote:
2023-12-02, 19:13

Do you have a 1920x1080 monitor? I don't have a smaller one to test with, but if your problem goes away on that one, then you might be right.

EDIT: Changing the resolution of my monitor to 1366x768 doesn't cause the problem, either.

Also, I notice you're using Windows 7. I haven't actually tested the e-mail client much on Windows 7, so that could also be the issue. My development system runs Windows 10 Pro.
Possibly, if so, I can wait until I switch to Windows 11.
I would prefer to work on the maximized version, but if it is not possible, I will manage.
Thank you very much.

athenian200
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by athenian200 » 2023-12-02, 19:32

Piotr Kostrzewski wrote:
2023-12-02, 19:27
Possibly, if so, I can wait until I switch to Windows 11.
I would prefer to work on the maximized version, but if it is not possible, I will manage.
Thank you very much.
Right, but I would still like to fix the bug, because a lot of my users are still on Windows 7...

I'm going to try a Windows 7 VM and see if I can reproduce there.

Piotr Kostrzewski
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Piotr Kostrzewski » 2023-12-02, 19:48

athenian200 wrote:
2023-12-02, 19:32

Right, but I would still like to fix the bug, because a lot of my users are still on Windows 7...

I'm going to try a Windows 7 VM and see if I can reproduce there.
Do you think they also have this problem?
I haven't seen anyone come forward with it except me.
Very nice of you.
I wonder if you can reproduce this situation.

Piotr Kostrzewski
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Piotr Kostrzewski » 2023-12-06, 20:59

Hello, did you manage to reproduce this problem?

athenian200
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by athenian200 » 2023-12-06, 21:44

Piotr Kostrzewski wrote:
2023-12-06, 20:59
Hello, did you manage to reproduce this problem?
Well, I tried on Windows 8, and it seems like it works fine there. Unfortunately, I'm having some issues getting Windows 7 up and running in my VM software... my Windows 8 VM works fine, but Windows 7 is giving me a hard time. I will get to it soon, I just wound up taking a Partial Exam (partial last night covering chapters 4-6, final this morning covering the whole class) and a Final Exam back-to-back, and now I am also working on a presentation for the last day of class tomorrow. The teacher got really far behind, we did a quarter of the semester's work in the final week.

Piotr Kostrzewski
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Piotr Kostrzewski » 2023-12-06, 21:49

athenian200 wrote:
2023-12-06, 21:44

Well, I tried on Windows 8, and it seems like it works fine there. Unfortunately, I'm having some issues getting Windows 7 up and running in my VM software... my Windows 8 VM works fine, but Windows 7 is giving me a hard time. I will get to it soon, I just wound up taking a Partial Exam (partial last night covering chapters 4-6, final this morning covering the whole class) and a Final Exam back-to-back, and now I am also working on a presentation for the last day of class tomorrow. The teacher got really far behind, we did a quarter of the semester's work in the final week.
I appreciate your involvement.
I wonder what's the problem with Windows 7.
The Pale Moon menu works without any problems.
What field are you studying?
Good luck.

FranklinDM
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Unread post by FranklinDM » 2023-12-07, 01:16

Confirmed. This happens only on Windows 7 because of a left-over rule from the old Australis theme that is no longer necessary with the new theme. Sorry for not being able to spot this earlier since I did test with Win7 but wasn't thorough enough... Will send a PR that should fix this issue.

FranklinDM
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Unread post by FranklinDM » 2023-12-07, 01:31

Should be fixed soon, see PR #76.

athenian200
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by athenian200 » 2023-12-07, 02:47

FranklinDM wrote:
2023-12-07, 01:16
Confirmed. This happens only on Windows 7 because of a left-over rule from the old Australis theme that is no longer necessary with the new theme. Sorry for not being able to spot this earlier since I did test with Win7 but wasn't thorough enough... Will send a PR that should fix this issue.
Thanks for helping out. I had a feeling it was Windows 7 specific, because that was the only thing that stood out to me as a potential trigger, since I know Windows 7 has Aero, handles theming in a different way, etc.

Good to know my assumption was correct. Really too bad I have such a hard time testing Windows 7 in a VM these days, I really never should have transitioned that last computer over to 10... I barely use it anyway, and there's no sensitive information on it.

Piotr Kostrzewski
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Piotr Kostrzewski » 2023-12-07, 08:50

Thank you Franklin and Athenian for fixing this.
Have a nice day.

Piotr Kostrzewski
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Piotr Kostrzewski » 2024-02-05, 19:38

Today I updated to version 2.1.2 and I confirm that the error does not occur. Thank you Athenian and Franklin.