temporarily allow remote content

Board for discussions around the Epyrus mail and news client.

Moderator: athenian200

Navigator
Moon lover
Moon lover

temporarily allow remote content

Unread post by Navigator » 2023-05-08, 19:01

When I click "show remote content in this message" there appears no way to reverse that. I would like either a way to revert that setting, or an option for any such settings to expire when Epyrus is closed.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: temporarily allow remote content

Unread post by Moonchild » 2023-05-08, 19:13

Navigator wrote:
2023-05-08, 19:01
there appears no way to reverse that.
There is, through Preferences -> Privacy, under "Mail Content" click the "exceptions" button. You can remove blocking exceptions there.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Navigator
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by Navigator » 2023-05-08, 22:54

Moonchild wrote:
2023-05-08, 19:13
There is, through Preferences -> Privacy, under "Mail Content" click the "exceptions" button. You can remove blocking exceptions there.
That exception list is empty; it's the first thing I checked. Perhaps it works for "Allow remote content from..." but it does not for "Show remote content in this message."

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2023-05-09, 06:57

Ah for individual messages I don't know where this is stored, sorry.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

athenian200
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by athenian200 » 2023-05-11, 04:56

Navigator wrote:
2023-05-08, 19:01
When I click "show remote content in this message" there appears no way to reverse that. I would like either a way to revert that setting, or an option for any such settings to expire when Epyrus is closed.
I haven't used that setting much honestly, I would have to look into how it works, and then see if I can give you some extra controls to tweak how it works. :) Maybe some already exist, but I would have to look at the code to find if they're buried somewhere. It's very interesting, I've seen that pop-up before, but never thought about how to reverse that... I'm sure the exceptions would have to be stored somewhere...

The truth is, a lot of the code in Epyrus is stuff inherited from Thunderbird that I actually am clueless about, aside from the stuff I already changed. Most of the security-related stuff is part of UXP anyway, so that's fairly safe without my having to do much, but I really don't dig deep into my mail client and use a lot of features beyond using newsgroups or just reading and sending e-mail most of the time, so I am unfamiliar with a fairly large chunk of the functionality that exists in Epyrus.
"The Athenians, however, represent the unity of these opposites; in them, mind or spirit has emerged from the Theban subjectivity without losing itself in the Spartan objectivity of ethical life. With the Athenians, the rights of the State and of the individual found as perfect a union as was possible at all at the level of the Greek spirit." -- Hegel's philosophy of Mind