Does Epyrus have RSS feed support?

Board for discussions around the Epyrus mail and news client.

Moderator: athenian200

Tharthan
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Does Epyrus have RSS feed support?

Unread post by Tharthan » 2023-03-03, 08:00

I am intending to switch to Epyrus very soon from the-other-program-which-shall-not-be-named.

That other program has support for RSS feeds by being compatible with "Bamboo Feed Reader".

Does Epyrus have some sort of RSS feed support, directly or indirectly? I rely on RSS feeds for a few different things, and I really do like having them accessible from within my e-mail client, so it would be great if I could transfer them over when I switch to Epyrus.
"This is a war against individuality and intelligence. Only thing we can do is stand strong."adesh, 9 January 2020

"I used to think I was a grumpy old man, but I don't hold a candle compared to Tharthan."Cassette, 9 September 2020

Potkeny
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Does Epyrus have RSS feed support?

Unread post by Potkeny » 2023-03-03, 10:42

Yes, you can subscribe to RSS-feeds in Epyrus, I'm using it daily and loving it. When you create "new account", you can select "Feeds", with all the usual settings for it.

I'm not sure if there is an easy way to import your feeds, for the few I'm using I just remember them and add them one by one so never checked.

ag0044
Moonbather
Moonbather

Re: Does Epyrus have RSS feed support?

Unread post by ag0044 » 2023-03-03, 11:54

I switched from Interlink to Epyrus a while ago.

I "exported" the profile/s from the former email client, and then imported them to Epyrus. The process wasn't completely painless - in relation to various email accounts and their legacy settings - but my direct RSS feeds and their "messages" all came through perfectly, and continue to function.

I can't comment on whether Epyrus is compatible with Bamboo Feed Reader.
Usually, I'm wrong. But, sometimes, I'm right.
Usually, I'm Left. But, sometimes, I'm Right.
Usually, I'm left-handed. But, sometimes, I'm right-handed.