Customization questions

Board for discussions around the Epyrus mail and news client.

Moderator: athenian200

LuftWafflePilot
Fanatic
Fanatic

Customization questions

Unread post by LuftWafflePilot » 2023-01-31, 09:55

I wanted to configure Epyrus to look just like Interlink, but the tab bar and the humongous icons on the bar underneath that(ok that took a while to remember, but I got that now) are taking so much space it's annoying the living hell out of me - and I haven't figured out a way to change this. Can I even do that?

Also, the spacing of the entire interface is really tight, how do I change that? I thought it was related to the theme, but going back from the classic to the default one didn't make a difference.

Bilbo47
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Customization questions

Unread post by Bilbo47 » 2023-02-08, 22:51

Replying to say I *love* the tightly spaced interface! The whole trend of more whitespace, less color, less 3-D, less Discoverability, etc *IS* less functionality, less usefulness and less personal effectiveness ... intentionally so, IMO. Just keep our eyes on the UXP ball: we are here to purposely resist all dumbing-down trends, and keep personal computing near its pinnacle. In that vein, themes are a great idea, as long as they don't become a tail wagging the browser dog.

athenian200
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by athenian200 » 2023-03-01, 17:43

I don't support making Epyrus look like... that other application I wish you wouldn't mention because it's a trademark owned by someone whose attention I do not want. For one thing, my intention from the beginning has been precisely to make Epyrus look different from that application and align the design language more closely with Pale Moon. That was a huge part of the design direction in the first place.

However, there is a ClassicTB2 theme, and that should get you most of the way there. And you can customize the spacing of icons on the interface and enable text labels, etc. But in the end, Epyrus is not that other application, it isn't even a fork of it... it's a fork of Thunderbird that was adapted to UXP independently.
"The Athenians, however, represent the unity of these opposites; in them, mind or spirit has emerged from the Theban subjectivity without losing itself in the Spartan objectivity of ethical life. With the Athenians, the rights of the State and of the individual found as perfect a union as was possible at all at the level of the Greek spirit." -- Hegel's philosophy of Mind

LuftWafflePilot
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by LuftWafflePilot » 2023-03-05, 16:12

Is there any way to adjust the spacing between lines without a theme though?