"Always check this folder" OAuth2 error

Board for discussions around the Epyrus mail and news client.

Moderator: athenian200

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

"Always check this folder" OAuth2 error

Unread post by back2themoon » 2023-01-26, 17:33

Following this post that describes the problem, some more info:

This is more or less what happens in the background when the issue occurs (apart from the more obvious resetting columns in that account):
Epyrus error.png
The option in question (issue occurs when that is enabled in a custom folder - or Label, as Google calls them).
Folder properties.png
If the option is disabled, the only way to sync/download messages for that folder is to simply click on it (in Epyrus), and this works normally.

Epyrus 2.0.1, Win 10

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: "Always check this folder" OAuth2 error

Unread post by back2themoon » 2023-01-28, 16:36

If I disable that option, click on that folder and close Epyrus, the next time it is launched it'll start with that folder focused and (normally?) try to fetch messages for it.

In this case, an error pop-up will appear:
Extra error.png
I tried a second time (close/reopen with custom folder focused) and that final unknown command changed to p4mb23648701edi so perhaps it's a random string.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: "Always check this folder" OAuth2 error

Unread post by back2themoon » 2023-02-09, 11:22

I've confirmed (again, as in Interlink in the past) that this issue does not occur after switching to Authentication method: Normal password (instead of OAuth2).

This is possible with Gmail, by enabling 2FA (in Google Account) and then using an "app password" for Epyrus. Less of a hassle than I expected, admittedly.