Epyrus 2.01 / Auto Update

Board for discussions around the Epyrus mail and news client.

Moderator: athenian200

JoeyG
Astronaut
Astronaut
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Epyrus 2.01 / Auto Update

Unread post by JoeyG » 2023-01-18, 01:17

A change in the email security at my provider, has resulted in my having to to dump Thunderbird once and for all. My extremely old version couldn't connect to the server's new security setup, and I simply wasn't able to get the latest version to work right. In some ways, it's been a frustrating day, but my provider announced the change well in advance, and I knew this day was coming sooner or later.

Fortunately, I had set up Epyrus a couple of months ago, so I at least had a head start on things. After over twenty-five or so years with TBird, though, needless to say it's been a bit traumatic, but Epyrus is a very good program, and I'd like to repeat my congratulations and thanks to the dev.

I must say, though, that the idea of a one-person team is a bit scary, and all I can hope is that the Universal Power grants the dev good health and security in these crazy times.

On the "technical side", I'm afraid the auto-updater on my 2.00 wasn't able to fine the the new version, and I had to go to Epyrus.org to get it. I took the zip version, and it appears to be working fine.

Thanks for the update, and keep up the good work.
"And you can believe me because I never lie - and I'm always right."
(Asserted by George Leroy Tirebiter* and my wife; only the latter is telling the truth.)
*Firesign Theater version

Bilbo47
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Epyrus 2.01 / Auto Update

Unread post by Bilbo47 » 2023-01-18, 18:42

Hear hear! Six cheers for the dev+support team :)