Can't login to AOL Mail: Configuration could not be verified

Board for discussions around the Epyrus mail and news client.

Moderator: athenian200

Stargate38
Moonbather
Moonbather

Can't login to AOL Mail: Configuration could not be verified

Unread post by Stargate38 » 2022-11-03, 15:01

Version: 2.0.0 (Vanilla with default config)
Error message: Configuration could not be verified - is the username or password wrong?

I made sure I had the username/password correct. I even tried copy/pasting my password from an unsaved Notepad document. If anyone wants to know, my password is 25 characters long, so I'm hoping that it isn't a "Password too long" issue. Is there any way to get AOL Mail to work in Epyrus? The connection settings are as follows:

Incoming: IMAP: imap.aol.com; Port 993; SSL/TLS; OAuth2; Authentication: Normal password
Outgoing: SMTP: smtp.aol.com; Port 465; SSL/TLS; OAuth2; Authentication: Normal password
Username: Incoming: [Redacted]; Outgoing: [Redacted]

I tried with POP, but got "Epyrus failed to find the settings for your email account", so I'm sure that IMAP is the way to go.

Potkeny
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Can't login to AOL Mail: Configuration could not be verified

Unread post by Potkeny » 2022-11-03, 17:26

Did it work with other email clients?

Did a quick check on claws mail (gmail works in Epyrus with claws-like steps), and it doesn't sound good, with "install this 3rd party thingy (freepops) to make a "bridge" between these proprietary email services and Claws Mail".
Link to clawsmail faq-answer

Hopefully someone knows more and can help you.

athenian200
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Re: Can't login to AOL Mail: Configuration could not be verified

Unread post by athenian200 » 2022-11-03, 23:40

https://aol.uservoice.com/forums/912886 ... assword-bu

From what I gather, AOL e-mail doesn't even work in Microsoft Outlook properly at the moment. It literally only works with their web interface, AFAIK.
"The Athenians, however, represent the unity of these opposites; in them, mind or spirit has emerged from the Theban subjectivity without losing itself in the Spartan objectivity of ethical life. With the Athenians, the rights of the State and of the individual found as perfect a union as was possible at all at the level of the Greek spirit." -- Hegel's philosophy of Mind