Epyrus 2.0.0 is released.

Board for discussions around the Epyrus mail and news client.

Moderator: athenian200

athenian200
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Epyrus 2.0.0 is released.

Unread post by athenian200 » 2022-10-31, 23:48

This is a major version update, and effectively is meant to take Epyrus from alpha to beta. This SHOULD be a much better application, but there may be issues of course. You may want to install this in a different location than Epyrus 1.x and possibly use a different profile if you're anxious about your existing data. It works fine as far as I know, and I didn't do anything that should have interfered with compatibility, but I tend to get "lucky" and miss issues other people run into all the time.

- Lots of fixes and a new theme by FranklinDM have made it into this release.
- Automatic updates should be possible from now on (in theory, anyway).
- I fixed my personal .mozconfig to be closer to Pale Moon's that I won't accidentally distribute the wrong version of the CRT anymore.
- An installer will be available.
- It is now possible to target Epyrus directly as an application but still have Thunderbird add-on compatibility thanks to a revised AppCompat GUID system.
- Releases will no longer be served from my personal OneDrive, but will instead be served from epyrus.org
- Website is coming soon.
- Known issues: The about dialog box doesn't look quite right on Linux now. I got it looking okay on Windows, but I didn't want to hold back release for that.

Epyrus Installer (Windows 32-bit)

Epyrus Installer (Windows 64-bit)

Epyrus .zip package (Windows 32-bit)

Epyrus .zip package (Windows 64-bit)

Epyrus .tar.xz package (Linux 64-bit)
"The Athenians, however, represent the unity of these opposites; in them, mind or spirit has emerged from the Theban subjectivity without losing itself in the Spartan objectivity of ethical life. With the Athenians, the rights of the State and of the individual found as perfect a union as was possible at all at the level of the Greek spirit." -- Hegel's philosophy of Mind