Thank You for OAuth2

Board for discussions around the Epyrus mail and news client.

Moderator: athenian200

Potkeny
Fanatic
Fanatic

Thank You for OAuth2

Unread post by Potkeny » 2022-10-01, 07:14

Just set up OAuth2 based on athenian200's post, following the there-linked Claws-mail page (https://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Oauth2), and besides scratching my head for a while before finding the Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Config Editor... for changing the prefs ("oauth2.google.clientid", "oauth2.google.clientsecret"), it was a relative easy "follow the steps", seems working for both of my gmail accounts.

Thank you once again for Epyrus and for the OAuth2-setup post, making it easy (and tolerable) to use gmail again.

athenian200
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Re: Thank You for OAuth2

Unread post by athenian200 » 2022-10-01, 16:12

No problem. :) In fact, I was just thinking of making the config editor easier to find... I'll leave that button where it is for the sake of people's muscle memory, but I'm thinking about creating a more accessible link to it that doesn't require as many clicks.
"The Athenians, however, represent the unity of these opposites; in them, mind or spirit has emerged from the Theban subjectivity without losing itself in the Spartan objectivity of ethical life. With the Athenians, the rights of the State and of the individual found as perfect a union as was possible at all at the level of the Greek spirit." -- Hegel's philosophy of Mind