Epyrus 1.3.0 is released.

Board for discussions around the Epyrus mail and news client.

Moderator: athenian200

athenian200
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Epyrus 1.3.0 is released.

Unread post by athenian200 » 2022-09-28, 20:37

I wanted to get a release out by the end of the month, and I was also hoping I would have everything setup for the 2.x series by then, but I've decided to release at least one more alpha to get my bearings for now and remember how I've been doing the releases, while I set everything up. All the previous releases were done in the megathread and hard to find.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsscXELhr-eyh75o2_d ... Q?e=WTnrzY

Short release notes:

Fixes a lot of calendar issues I inherited from IceDove-UXP (not sure how much of it was because I made a mistake while cherry-picking their patches or how much was their calendar being broken and no one noticing), mostly thanks to FranklinDM.

Incorporates a lot of security updates (main reason I didn't want to wait much longer on this).

Updates logo copyright and attribution info to be more accurate.

I definitely have some things to work out before I can really move forward, I'm finding myself limited by decisions I made earlier in development to work within limitations and get it into a semi-usable state that are not turning out so great now that I need to scale up a little.
"The Athenians, however, represent the unity of these opposites; in them, mind or spirit has emerged from the Theban subjectivity without losing itself in the Spartan objectivity of ethical life. With the Athenians, the rights of the State and of the individual found as perfect a union as was possible at all at the level of the Greek spirit." -- Hegel's philosophy of Mind

athenian200
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Re: Epyrus 1.3.0 is released.

Unread post by athenian200 » 2022-10-31, 22:47

NOTE:

I made a mistake building the Windows 32-bit version of Epyrus, that I again failed to notice because I had the VC2022 redistributable package installed. Essentially I didn't have my .mozconfig setup correctly and the 64-bit version of the CRT was shipped with the application.

I probably won't be fixing this because I didn't find out about it until right before the next release, so my advice will be to use the new version instead, and if you need this specific version then please be aware of this issue so you can work around it. Thank you for understanding.
"The Athenians, however, represent the unity of these opposites; in them, mind or spirit has emerged from the Theban subjectivity without losing itself in the Spartan objectivity of ethical life. With the Athenians, the rights of the State and of the individual found as perfect a union as was possible at all at the level of the Greek spirit." -- Hegel's philosophy of Mind