[Release] Australium

Dedicated board for theme releases/support threads

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Forum rules
Please do not create new topics here unless you are a theme author in need of a dedicated releases&support thread!
Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

[Release] Australium

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-07-04, 21:24

You don't need to run a recent Firefox to get the curvy tabs of Australis: now they're right at home here in Pale Moon!
Australium is available on the Pale Moon Add-Ons Site. Source code is available on GitHub.

Note: This does NOT change functionality of the browser to that of recent Firefox versions; everything is the same as would otherwise be. Now you can have curved tabs, with ALL the functionality you know and love! :thumbup:
Last edited by Lootyhoof on 2016-10-04, 22:59, edited 13 times in total.

megaman

Re: [Release] Australium v1.0.0

Unread post by megaman » 2015-07-04, 21:46

Sliding a tab around is quite a laggy experience, but the view looks as it should. Good job.

Tharn

Unread post by Tharn » 2015-07-04, 22:08

Does it come with the guilt, or is that extra? :lol:

Looking good.

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2015-07-04, 22:09

I agree it lags when moving the tab back and forth. And it looks ugly (that weird white line in the middle of the background tabs) on my Vista machine, well maybe it's because I have visual styles/effects disabled. I also have a hard time seeing the other tabs and full screen mode button by the "List all tabs" button. Am I the only one?
Screenshot_1.png

EDIT: With "visual styles on windows buttons" checked in performance options the theme looks a whole lot better!
Screenshot_2.png
Last edited by LimboSlam on 2015-07-04, 22:26, edited 1 time in total.
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-07-04, 22:18

megaman wrote:Sliding a tab around is quite a laggy experience
LimboSlam wrote:I agree it lags when moving the tab back and forth.
I can't replicate this unfortunately, it seems to work fine for me. I'll look into it.
LimboSlam wrote:And it looks ugly on my Vista machine, well maybe it's because I have visual styles/effects disabled.
Specifically what looks ugly, exactly? I assume you are using the Classic theme, for which the browser itself renders the background for when maximised and tabs are on top...if that was what you were referring to.
LimboSlam wrote:I also have a hard time seeing the other tabs and full screen mode button by the "List all tabs" button.
The tab text for unselected tabs is meant to be this way, as this is how Australis does it. As for the full screen button, this is something I can look into fixing. :thumbup:

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2015-07-04, 22:46

That weird white line in the middle of the background tabs is what looks ugly, but I think it's part of the classic theme. Has to be because it does not show up in basic theme (look at earlier edit). I'm currently comparing Firefox australis and Pale Moon with australium and the star button in the locationbar is not supposed to a bold grey, also what happened to the star next to the bookmak icon? Other than that it's looking great!
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-07-04, 22:52

LimboSlam wrote:I'm currently comparing Firefox australis and Pale Moon with australium and the star button in the locationbar is not supposed to a bold grey, also what happened to the star next to the bookmak icon?
The star button icon is taken directly from Firefox, so yes, it is. :) It's just that the toolbar icon is seen more often, so it's easily mistaken. As for the star next to the bookmark icon, this is redundant; we have no such button in Pale Moon as this exists in the urlbar already.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: [Release] Australium v1.0.1

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-07-05, 23:33

Version 1.0.1 is out. This version mostly corrects things for Windows 7 users.

What's new?
- Win7: fix tab background
- Win7: fix TabsToolbar background when tabsontop is false
- Win7: fix appmenu button when tabs are on top and window is maximised
- Win7: fix window title legibility
- fix tab positioning
- use "glass" toolbar icons on everything except Windows 8

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2015-07-06, 06:50

Nice! Thanks for the update! But decided that Australium is not for me, I hope you can understand.

Keep up the great work! :thumbup:

berkamp10

Unread post by berkamp10 » 2015-07-07, 17:38

Looks good, :) Thanks

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: [Release] Australium v1.1.0

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-08-13, 14:52

Australium has been updated to v1.1.0.

What's new?
- Pale Moon v26 compatibility
- fix window borders on Windows 10
- use more modern popup style (fixes Linux issues)
- add more lwtheme styles from Australis
- fix tabbar height
- Linux: style appmenu

foldedwings

Unread post by foldedwings » 2015-09-20, 16:11

Firstly, Thanks for the great themes.

It's not an urgent issue, but the theme shows doubled arrows in dropdown buttons like the image below.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-09-22, 18:37

foldedwings wrote:Firstly, Thanks for the great themes.

It's not an urgent issue, but the theme shows doubled arrows in dropdown buttons like the image below.
This is a new one on me, I've yet to encounter this. What operating system are you using?

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: [Release] Australium v1.1.0 / 2.0.0b1

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-10-27, 19:32

With the release of Pale Moon 26 beta 3, I'd like to also announce the availability of a beta release of Australium 2.0.0, compatible with Pale Moon 26 beta3 and above only. This is a major release, designed to bring visual parity with Firefox 42, in several areas. The most noticeable of which will be seen on Windows 10, where Firefox 42's Windows 10 styling has been implemented in full. Those with a keen eye may have already seen me teasing it some time ago. ;)

In addition, the Add-Ons Manager has seen a total revamp, to look the same as Firefox 42's "in-content" styling.

To further make the theme look more at home on each OS, I've also included several more toolbar images (adapted from Firefox 42), showing only the correct one for your platform. The amount of toolbar images is as follows:

- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows Vista/7
- Windows XP
- Windows XP Luna Silver
- Linux
- Inverted (for personas etc)

In the case of the Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows Vista/7 and Inverted icons, I've also included HiDPI versions (untested, as I lack such a display). Due to pulling various styles from Firefox 42's styling, the theme is more HiDPI-friendly in general (again, untested).

Linux users should also see an improvement, as I have included several Linux-specific styles for menu stylings and such, to improve the stability of the theme.

As usual, this only changes how your browser looks; it will not make it behave the same as Firefox does.

You can find the theme attached to the bottom of this post. Enjoy! :)
Attachments
australium-2-0-0b1-pm.xpi
(1.21 MiB) Downloaded 116 times

leomate

Unread post by leomate » 2015-10-28, 02:57

Yay, finally the windows 10 theme look :D

Look good so far, but need some changes in address bar. in Palemoon the refresh button slight not accurate position, and the back forward position make it similar like FF41 when no forward button available. And some suggestion for RSS button use flat black white icon for make it more integrated with theme. So far i more like the drop-down button on your theme than Firefox version

EDIT :

Found bug when you pin the tabs, the icon and button not align properly

Keep good work :)

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-10-28, 09:23

Please remember that this is based on Firefox 42, not 41, and there are some theme changes between the two.

As for the other issues, I'll look into them.

leomate

Unread post by leomate » 2015-10-29, 23:14

Okay then :) I forgot if you said based from FF42 :crazy:

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: [Release] Australium v1.1.0 / 2.0.0b2

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-11-07, 21:08

Australium v2.0.0b2 is now available, attached to the bottom of this post. Please be aware that it is still only compatible with Pale Moon v26.0.0b3 and above only.

In this release, the above issues have been resolved, namely, pinned tab spacing, as well as button styling, including but not limited to unified back/forward button styling.
leomate wrote:And some suggestion for RSS button use flat black white icon for make it more integrated with theme.
This is something I've been considering, but is not currently included in this release. Watch this space, though. ;)
Attachments
australium-2-0-0b2-pm.xpi
(1.21 MiB) Downloaded 98 times

leomate

Unread post by leomate » 2015-11-08, 13:08

Okay the problem was fixed with your new version :D

btw, is there any way to load vista/7 australium theme elements in 8.1 with stylish? I have my another PC with 8.1 but with vista theme.

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2015-11-12, 00:56

Is that okay, it looks weird?
Windows 10 64-bit, PM 26, using 2.0.0.b2.

Edit: It's TabMixPlus! causing this. (0.4.2.0 pre151021a1)
Last edited by megaman on 2015-11-12, 02:18, edited 2 times in total.