[Release] Australium

Dedicated board for theme releases/support threads

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Forum rules
Please do not create new topics here unless you are a theme author in need of a dedicated releases&support thread!
Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: [Release] Australium v2.1.0

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-08-20, 13:56

This was a bit of a compromise to be honest, since otherwise there'd be quite a noticeable gap:

I suppose it depends which is worse, really. It's certainly possible to fix, but again with a compromise.

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2016-08-20, 21:47

Lootyhoof wrote:This was a bit of a compromise to be honest, since otherwise there'd be quite a noticeable gap:

I suppose it depends which is worse, really. It's certainly possible to fix, but again with a compromise.
Haha, yeah your right. So the current implementation will do.

Thanks again for all your wonderful works of art! :D :thumbup: :thumbup:
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

Latitude

Unread post by Latitude » 2016-09-14, 14:23

Lootyhoof wrote:You don't need to run a recent Firefox to get the curvy tabs of Australis: now they're right at home here in Pale Moon!
Australium is available on the Pale Moon Add-Ons Site. Source code is available on GitHub.

Note: This does NOT change functionality of the browser to that of recent Firefox versions; everything is the same as would otherwise be. Now you can have curved tabs, with ALL the functionality you know and love! :thumbup:
Ryan, could PM detect updates of themes if I press "Check for updates" in add-on tab?

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-09-15, 15:10

latitude wrote:
Lootyhoof wrote:You don't need to run a recent Firefox to get the curvy tabs of Australis: now they're right at home here in Pale Moon!
Australium is available on the Pale Moon Add-Ons Site. Source code is available on GitHub.

Note: This does NOT change functionality of the browser to that of recent Firefox versions; everything is the same as would otherwise be. Now you can have curved tabs, with ALL the functionality you know and love! :thumbup:
Ryan, could PM detect updates of themes if I press "Check for updates" in add-on tab?
All themes that are listed on the Pale Moon Add-ons Site will auto-update when there is a new version (if the option is enabled for add-ons). But yes, they will show up new updates in the add-ons manager as normal.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: [Release] Australium

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-10-09, 19:32

Australium has been updated to v2.2.0.

What's new?
- PM27: add statusbar styling
- PM27: add styling for downloads panel components
- PM27: style devtools
- improve appearance of about:

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-10-15, 19:24

Australium has been updated to v2.2.1.

What's new?
- fix size of HiDPI toolbar icons
- workaround lack of gtk-2/gnu-linux media queries in Pale Moon 27
- Linux: provide inverted hamburger appmenu icon
- use brighter icons for places all downloads view on non-Vista/Win7
- use Australis addon notification shading in addons manager
- use dark window frame detection on Windows 8

leomate

Unread post by leomate » 2016-11-20, 05:46

Some weird bug when you using 150% scaling options at surface 2 pro
in case the thumbnails isn't showing : http://postimg.org/image/6rxtdixql/

EDIT
Another bug when you download using build download manager

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-11-20, 10:00

Thanks, I'll (try to) have a look into it. I don't have a HiDPI display though, so we'll see how that goes...

As for your download manager issue... I don't see an issue? Please highlight what is the issue in this screenshot?

leomate

Unread post by leomate » 2016-11-22, 12:13

Lootyhoof wrote:Thanks, I'll (try to) have a look into it. I don't have a HiDPI display though, so we'll see how that goes...

As for your download manager issue... I don't see an issue? Please highlight what is the issue in this screenshot?
The toolbar height being 2x than normal height until you finish the download the height become normal

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-12-06, 20:20

Australium has been updated to v2.3.0. This release adds support for the Pale Moon 27 developer tools. Unfortunately, the HiDPI issues mentioned previously have yet to be looked into - this release needed to get out quickly, I'm afraid. It will be looked into for the next release.

Please note that Pale Moon 26 support has been removed from this release.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-01-15, 01:28

I'm very happy to announce the immediate availability of Australium v3.0.0! This version has re-based several elements on Firefox 52, keeping the Australis styling current.

To help with this further, the identity panel has been redesigned. Both the security and notification icons have been changed to look more native to Australis in its current incarnation. As an example, please see below:

As a note for those interested in technical details: Australium now makes use of CSS variables (a technology made available by our v27 platform upgrade), due to their heavy use in the original Australis theme. This allows us to more easily change styling for different platforms, making the overall filesize of the theme considerably smaller!

Many other things have changed that I can't simply show here, you'll have to try it out to see for yourself. ;) The full details are below.

What's new?
- fix download progress meter on HiDPI
- sync main browser styling with Firefox 52
- sync about:addons with Firefox 52
- sync identity panel and urlbar with Firefox 52
- use newtab close button from Firefox 52
- sync various global styles from Firefox 52
- remove support for Windows XP
- ensure the history menu button icon is correctly sized
- sync devtools with Pale Moon default theme
- ensure about:config can be viewed correctly
- Linux: make feel more system-native

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2017-02-05, 04:01

Hey lootyhoof, I don't care for the new look of Australium v3.0.0. So I'll be staying on v2.3.0, will that be okay? Or will there be major drawbacks as Pale Moon goes forward. I'm currently using v27.0.3.
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2017-02-05, 16:13

As you SHOULD know.. Because I know you aren't uninformed.. OR didn't used to be. Themes are directly reliant on the browser UI. Not keeping them up to date could mean that they could break if something is changed enough.

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2017-02-05, 21:21

Yes, as I figured. Alright, I'll keep updated.
Matt A Tobin wrote:Themes are directly reliant on the browser UI. Not keeping them up to date could mean that they could break if something is changed enough.

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2017-03-06, 05:25

Hi Lootyhoof.

A small problem with Australium has been annoying me for the longest time, and finally I have a non-chaotic night to report this to you. See below:
Theme bug.png
Another Theme Bug.png
Just One More Bug.png
If you pick the option to Learn More, it does nothing. That, is the annoying part, as I keep clicking it and nothing happens. Especially when you have two of the same options and only one functions. Could you please get out a fix asap.

Thanks. :)

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-03-06, 08:29

LimboSlam wrote:Hi Lootyhoof.

A small problem with Australium has been annoying me for the longest time, and finally I have a non-chaotic night to report this to you. See below:
Theme bug.png
Another Theme Bug.png
Just One More Bug.png
If you pick the option to Learn More, it does nothing. That, is the annoying part, as I keep clicking it and nothing happens. Especially when you have two of the same options and only one functions. Could you please get out a fix asap.

Thanks. :)
These are added by the browser, are they not?

I can't fix that in a theme, sorry.

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2017-03-14, 23:53

Lootyhoof wrote:These are added by the browser, are they not?

I can't fix that in a theme, sorry.
Yes one them are, or maybe two but it's a bug for sure. I'll report this one latter in a new thread.

Well, since I'm here, could you check out this site: http://www.newsweek.com/facebooks-new-p ... nce-567535 and confirm if there's a bug in the notification area where the X lies. See below:
The X.png
The X.png (13.68 KiB) Viewed 4739 times
Also, while using Expose Noisy Tabs with Australium, I'm unable to mute tabs. See below for test sites below:

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... age-device
http://www.air1.com/music/lyrics.aspx
https://www.facebook.com/Purrtacular/vi ... nref=story

All of these sites work correctly with the Default theme.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-03-17, 22:51

LimboSlam wrote:Well, since I'm here, could you check out this site: http://www.newsweek.com/facebooks-new-p ... nce-567535 and confirm if there's a bug in the notification area where the X lies. See below:
The X.png
I've released v3.0.1 which should fix the issue.

I can't do much about Expose Noisy Tabs though. The tabs need to be styled slightly differently in Australium compared to other themes, such that extensions may have issue working with them (at least, if they assume all tabs work like the default theme).

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-03-22, 20:15

Lootyhoof wrote:
LimboSlam wrote:Well, since I'm here, could you check out this site: http://www.newsweek.com/facebooks-new-p ... nce-567535 and confirm if there's a bug in the notification area where the X lies. See below:

The X.png
I've released v3.0.1 which should fix the issue.

I can't do much about Expose Noisy Tabs though. The tabs need to be styled slightly differently in Australium compared to other themes, such that extensions may have issue working with them (at least, if they assume all tabs work like the default theme).
In fact, scratch that, I finally managed to find what was doing this.

Version 3.0.2 is now out to fix this issue, and should fix things for any other add-ons adding things to the tabs too. :thumbup:

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-05-23, 23:04

Australium has been updated to v4.0.0! In this release, instead of syncing with current Firefox versions (see below as to why), we refine parts of the theme that seemed inconsistent even in the Firefox version, and generally add a lot more polish than previously. At this point I feel it's better to make our own path for Australis, while still keeping true to it. :thumbup:

Why divert from Australis, when it is still relevant in Firefox, you may ask? In current nightlies of Firefox (currently at v55), many parts of Australis are already being replaced with Photon. Opinions about Australis v Photon aside, the goal of Australium is to give the Australis experience on Pale Moon, so Photon components are not desirable. Current versions of Australium (v3.0+) are based more-or-less on Firefox 52, too, so there's not really much else that can be synced with (given the constraints of Pale Moon v Firefox).

What's new?
- improve styling for each platform
- add new feed icon
- add image document favicon for when viewing standalone images
- make preferences windows look more like Firefox's in-content preferences dialogs
- add new plugin and theme icons
- make the add-ons manager (about:addons) icons more consistent with other Firefox in-content icons
- Windows: make the appmenu more closely resemble Firefox's menupanel
- sync permissions manager styling with default
- sync about:support styling with default
- sync classic in-content styling with default
- fix in-content radio label margins
- fix appearance of icons+text mode
- fix padding of menubutton dropmarkers when hovered
- fix "learn more" links in notification popups
- remove Social API components
- cleanup of redundant icons