[Release] Various theme ports/forks

Dedicated board for theme releases/support threads

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Forum rules
Please do not create new topics here unless you are a theme author in need of a dedicated releases&support thread!
fillerup

Re: [Release] Various theme ports/forks

Unread post by fillerup » 2018-08-23, 10:36

hi Loofty, pleased to report that i accidentally fixed the 'bug' mentioned in my prior post by installing an additional addon: URL in Throbberbar.

this time i found an actual bug: when i set "browser.ctrlTabs.preview" to false, and drag that button onto the navigation toolbar, it reverts to its default icon for a flash each time i click on it. i attached a gif to show what i mean (excuse the watermark)

https://gfycat.com/tepidremotecuscus

asimperson
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by asimperson » 2018-08-28, 20:18

For LittleMoon on OS X the close/minimize/full screen buttons are not themed correctly and in the wrong order.

I reported this on the main Github issue for OS X and was told it was a theme issue. I tried again with the default theme and while buttons don't initially appear with that they do at least seem to be in the correct order.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2018-08-28, 20:35

asimperson wrote:For LittleMoon on OS X the close/minimize/full screen buttons are not themed correctly and in the wrong order.

I reported this on the main Github issue for OS X and was told it was a theme issue. I tried again with the default theme and while buttons don't initially appear with that they do at least seem to be in the correct order.
I can see the issue here in terms of the ordering, but how are they not themed correctly? Would you prefer the default OS X caption buttons here?

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2018-08-30, 19:53

Aeromoon, Compact Moon (theme only), DarkPitch, Fox 2 The Moon, Littlemoon, Maxi3, Maxi4, MicroMoon, Moonfox3, Moonola, Nauticalia, Opresto, PMChrome, PMOpera, Qute 4 PM, Qute Large, Qute Legacy, reinheit, Tangerinemoon, Tangomoon, White Moon and XMoon have been updated. This brings further compatibility with Pale Moon 28, and as such is compatible with Pale Moon 28 only. Check GitHub for details.

The Noia Moon update is still coming, these updates just took priority. :)

Enjoy!

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Goodydino » 2018-08-31, 02:55

Lootyhoof wrote:Aeromoon, Compact Moon (theme only), DarkPitch, Fox 2 The Moon, Littlemoon, Maxi3, Maxi4, MicroMoon, Moonfox3, Moonola, Nauticalia, Opresto, PMChrome, PMOpera, Qute 4 PM, Qute Large, Qute Legacy, reinheit, Tangerinemoon, Tangomoon, White Moon and XMoon have been updated. This brings further compatibility with Pale Moon 28, and as such is compatible with Pale Moon 28 only. Check GitHub for details.

The Noia Moon update is still coming, these updates just took priority. :)

Enjoy!
What was wrong with them? The 7 of those that I use seem fine to me. I have Mac PM 28.0.0.

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2018-08-31, 03:42

thank you for the prompt fix Looty!
Goodydino wrote:What was wrong with them?
here is the changelog for White Moon which i use:

sync global stylings with Pale Moon 28
remove redundant devtools styling
use non-prefixed -inline syntax
update media controls
mark as compatible with Pale Moon 28 only
fix alltabs icon appearance when in "menu" mode

silv7k
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by silv7k » 2018-08-31, 07:50

Lootyhoof, the latest version of Moonfox3 theme is (as per https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/moonfox3/)
Version 2.2.0
Updated on August 24, 2018
At the same time in Previous Releases I can find
Version 2.2.0 [2018-07-29]
I believe you should have increased version number, otherwise PM does not find the update.
I had to manually click “Install Moonfox3” from the theme page and restart.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2018-08-31, 19:22

silv7k wrote:I believe you should have increased version number, otherwise PM does not find the update.
I had to manually click “Install Moonfox3” from the theme page and restart.
Whoops, sorry about that. v2.3.1 has been pushed with a correct version number now. :thumbup:
Goodydino wrote:What was wrong with them? The 7 of those that I use seem fine to me. I have Mac PM 28.0.0.
The main issue was related to scrollbars (mainly on Linux/Windows), and toolbarbutton-badge styling (all platforms), as the former looked incorrect (invisible on Linux, too) while the latter just wasn't using the right selector anymore. These themes now also style the "menucaption" selector in menu.css where they didn't before. Media controls (for HTML5 native video in particular) now have a close caption button too.

Other changes are mainly cleanup, and support for more modern CSS.

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2018-09-05, 05:00

here's another small 'bug' with White Moon, if you can call it that. when using it with Tree Style Tab for PM 0.0.4, the tab bar has a misaligned border at the bottom like this:

what it looks like with the default theme

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2018-09-05, 15:49

The default theme does have this issue, it's usually masked by having the alltabs button there though:

This is due to using native toolbar styling for this toolbar, which is to add a border at the bottom, like any toolbar.

I would suggest using one of the themes included in Tree Style Tab, since it takes full control of those:
Tab Kit 2 also comes with a theme that attempts to look like the tabs-on-top tab bar (using the window style - glass/coloured/etc):

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2018-09-05, 16:00

hmm.. in my screenshot you can see that there's no AllTabs button at the bottom. anyway now that i inspect it closer, this seems to happen randomly on each restart of the browser, for example it looks fine for me at the moment of writing.

i would like to but don't use the TST themes as they have their own appearance issue

edit: Tab Kit 2 is a fine addon but lack a lot of TST features that i'm used to (e.g. number of children tabs)
Last edited by fillerup on 2018-09-05, 16:01, edited 1 time in total.

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2018-09-11, 07:51

Lootyhoof wrote:
i found specifically when the border would appear: when the window is unmaximized. when maximized, the border does not appear

and yes, it happens in all themes including default, not just White Moon. wonder if this should be filed to the TST dev or reported as a browser bug..
Last edited by fillerup on 2018-09-11, 08:14, edited 3 times in total.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2018-09-12, 12:20

fillerup wrote:
Lootyhoof wrote:
i found specifically when the border would appear: when the window is unmaximized. when maximized, the border does not appear

and yes, it happens in all themes including default, not just White Moon. wonder if this should be filed to the TST dev or reported as a browser bug..
It's an extension issue - specifically, this. You could try using this to work around it:

Code: Select all

.treestyletab-tabbar-toolbar[treestyletab-mode="vertical"] > *:not(toolbarpaletteitem) {
	border-top: none !important;
}

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2018-09-12, 17:48

almostttt does the trick but not fully, i'll take some photos when i have a mouse (pain to do anything with trackpad), thanks for your help

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2018-09-13, 02:47

here's how it looks without your script (very thick border):

and here's how it looks with your script (the border still exists but thinner and doesn't look as out of place)

if this is the best i can get, i'll take it with both hands. thanks again LH

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2018-09-19, 04:50

hiya, it's me again, your favorite White Moon bug reporter. i discovered an abnormal spacing/sizing issue with dialog boxes that results in a lot of empty space and misaligned text/button

Last edited by fillerup on 2018-09-19, 04:50, edited 1 time in total.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2018-09-20, 13:37

Can't confirm this with the latest White Moon release.

Have you tried with other add-ons disabled?

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2018-09-20, 14:12

yes, the Led Zep screenshot was taken from a fresh profile. just tried again on a fresh 28.1 profile and the dialogs remain the same

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2018-09-20, 14:15

stop the presses, i found out that the behavior is the same on the default theme. fresh win install + fresh PM profile too.. hmmmmm. maybe something to do with my resolution? 14" 1440p @ 150%

either way, sorry for the false alarm
Last edited by fillerup on 2018-09-20, 14:17, edited 1 time in total.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2018-09-29, 21:47

Noia Moon and Noia Moon Options have both been updated to v2.0.0! In this major release, several areas of both the theme and the options extension are refined and improved or cleaned up. In the case of the options extension especially, several new options have been added! :) One which may be of interest to some is that personas (aka lightweight themes) now work on all the built-in theme modes, including dark mode (when using ThemeTool):
Adding these features and making both of these better is what resulted in the delays with updating this theme as I've mentioned previously. I hope you enjoy it. :)

What's new?
Theme:
- add PM28 newtab styling
- add HiDPI-friendly toolbar icons
- add private browsing indicator
- Windows: redesign appmenu
- Linux: use correct browser icon in appmenu
- fix disappearing titlebar in private and lwtheme modes on macOS
- sync global stylings with Pale Moon 28
- sync browser devtools with default
- remove redundant devtools styling
- use non-prefixed -inline syntax
- update media controls
- improve statusbar options window styling
- use browser-native popup animation
- fix locationbar styling when used in "Location-4-Evar"
- fix favicon sizes in password manager
- fix password popup prompt
- include theme-native dummy toolbar image for further extension compatibility
- cleanup redundant files
- improve folder structure

Options:
- allow personas on all built-in themes (black/blue/light etc)
- allow "tabbar bottom strip" on all built-in themes
- allow dark theme to darken about:newtab too
- fix "original Windows titlebar" mode to work on Windows 10 (+ fixes for other Windows)
- add "OS scrollbars" mode for native scrollbars
- add alternative background (v2) for grey mode only
- add small toolbar icons styling (all icons/forward only)
- allow changing the position/display of back/forward dropmarker icon
- remove redundant dedicated persona mode
- remove redundant help page
- remove various redundant stylings
- remove find button
- cleanup interface
- cleanup internal code
- remove fr-FR
Last edited by Lootyhoof on 2018-09-29, 21:51, edited 1 time in total.