[Release] Various theme ports/forks

Dedicated board for theme releases/support threads

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Forum rules
Please do not create new topics here unless you are a theme author in need of a dedicated releases&support thread!
Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

[Release] Various theme ports/forks

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-03-16, 17:22

I'm proud to announce the release of several themes I've ported and forked specifically for use on Pale Moon, which have all since been released onto the Pale Moon Add-Ons Site:

Aeromoon - fork of Firefox 3 theme for Firefox 4+ Reloaded! (based on Moonfox3).
Compact Moon - fork of Classic Compact.
Darkness - fork of In The Dark.
DarkPitch - fork of PitchDark.
Fox 2 The Moon* - fork of Firefox 2, the theme, reloaded.
LittleMoon - fork of Littlefox.
Maxi3 - fork of MX3.
Maxi4 - fork of mx4.
Moonfox3 - fork of Firefox 3 theme for Firefox 4+ Reloaded!.
Moonola - fork of Nuvola FF.
Nauticalis - fork of Nautipolis.
Noia Moon - fork of Noia 4.
Opresto - fork of FXOpera (Presto version).
PMChrome - fork of FXChrome.
PMOpera - fork of FXOpera.
Qute 4 PM - fork of Qute 4++.
Qute Large - fork of Qute 3++ using icons from Qute Classic.
Qute Legacy - fork of Qute 3++.
reinheit - fork of rein.
Tangerinemoon - fork of Tangerinefox.
Tangomoon - fork of Tangofox.
White Moon - fork of Simple White.
XMoon - fork of MacOSX Theme.

* I understand this was also ported, however this one I did a little while ago so thought to share anyway. I mean no bad blood on the dev's part and take full responsibility for this fork. :) I will, however, note that this version does support DevTools, for anyone curious.

I've taken all these on as my own personal forks for Pale Moon, so come directly to me with any issues. As an aside, due to making these work only for Pale Moon, a few of these should be de-bloated greatly, since they tended to target various Firefox versions. Enjoy!
Last edited by Lootyhoof on 2015-08-28, 22:39, edited 13 times in total.

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: [Release] Various theme ports/forks

Unread post by riiis » 2015-03-16, 19:02

While not enough to tear me away from your Kempelton Reloaded theme, these new themes are definitely top notch.
Last edited by riiis on 2015-03-16, 22:35, edited 1 time in total.

edrtf20

Unread post by edrtf20 » 2015-03-16, 22:17

Maybe you could look into this theme?

Firefox 3 theme for Firefox 4+ Reloaded!

Currently it works fine with Palemoon, but it may benefit from debloating and/or tweaking for the Palemoon interface. (and perhaps integrating the tab style, identity box styling and dropmarker fix userscripts if possible).

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-03-16, 23:33

edrtf20 wrote:Maybe you could look into this theme?

Firefox 3 theme for Firefox 4+ Reloaded!
This one already appears to have Pale Moon compat, at least for the RSS icon. The padlocks still are default, but they don't look bad at all, it's all still fairly easy on the eyes. Admittedly could have room for debloat, but then I think most themes probably can. ;)
integrating the tab style, identity box styling and dropmarker fix userscripts
What are these?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-03-17, 00:36

Maybe adding a dark full theme would also be an idea for all those dark theme lovers? Just an idea.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

edrtf20

Unread post by edrtf20 » 2015-03-17, 00:46

What are these?
Scripts that use stylish to tweak the theme

Makes the tabs more like they were in FF3
https://userstyles.org/styles/101734/fi ... ab-styling

Changes the default identity box to look more like FF3
https://userstyles.org/styles/101735/fi ... ox-styling

This one is used with the Dropmarker extension and fixes the style to look how it was in FF3
https://userstyles.org/styles/89830/fir ... 1372552167

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-03-17, 11:15

Moonchild wrote:Maybe adding a dark full theme would also be an idea for all those dark theme lovers? Just an idea.
Point taken, I'll see what I can do. Be aware that I won't be able to touch the two most popular dark themes, FT DeepDark and NASA Night Launch, due to restrictive licenses.
edrtf20 wrote:
What are these?
Scripts that use stylish to tweak the theme

Makes the tabs more like they were in FF3
https://userstyles.org/styles/101734/fi ... ab-styling

Changes the default identity box to look more like FF3
https://userstyles.org/styles/101735/fi ... ox-styling

This one is used with the Dropmarker extension and fixes the style to look how it was in FF3
https://userstyles.org/styles/89830/fir ... 1372552167
Alright, I admit it does look better with these added. :P I'll consider it.

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by riiis » 2015-03-17, 14:50

The current version of In The Dark was developed about the time of FF22-FF25(Nightly), and runs out-of-the-box in Pale Moon. The author refused to update his theme (and perhaps his browser) to Firefox 29+ (Australis). Unfortunately for some, however, the status bar is a permanent feature of this theme, and cannot be hidden or removed.
dark.jpg
Rein was a hugely popular and attractive theme in its day, but the author appears to have abandoned the theme, or even bumping the max version, around the time of FF23. It installs and runs fine on Pale Moon, after modifying max version in install.rdf. But I don't know what else needs to be done, to make Rein wholly compatible with Pale Moon.
rein.png

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-03-17, 16:15

Thanks, riiis!
the status bar is a permanent feature of this theme, and cannot be hidden or removed.
Just looking at this now; it's do-able. ;)
No status bar!
No status bar!
I'll take a look at Rein at some point, too. Don't think it'll be too hard bringing up to standard, though.

Edit: Rein will have to be put on the back burner I'm afraid; there's quite a lot of things missing from this. It can be done and I will do it, but for now it'll have to wait, sadly. In the meantime I've put In The Dark on my GitHub; it's done. I'll send it to Tobin for the Add-Ons Site eventually.

Mowalle

Unread post by Mowalle » 2015-03-18, 12:56

Thanks a ton for porting these to Pale Moon :thumbup: I loved the Chrome and Opera theme back in FF, glad I can use them again.

One minor thing about the PMChrome theme though, would it be possible to change the application button somehow? Or at least the margin to its left? I feel that it does not really look like a button at the moment:
I would do it myself, but cannot figure out what .css files to change.

Thanks in advance!

*Edit: I guess it only matters when tabs are not on top.*

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-03-18, 17:57

I can't test this unfortunately (Windows 8 centers titles...), does this work?

Code: Select all

#main-window:after {
margin-left: -80px !important;
}
As for changing the button (among other things), you could try FXChromeMods or the many userstyles that exist for it. I'll eventually add the ones that work with PMChrome onto the GitHub repo, but for now all I can say is try; YMMV.

Plus, if you'd like more Pale Moon in your menu button, try this ;) :

#appmenu-button {
background-image: url("chrome://branding/content/icon32.png") !important;
}
pale moon.PNG
pale moon.PNG (8 KiB) Viewed 17750 times

Mowalle

Unread post by Mowalle » 2015-03-18, 21:58

Lootyhoof wrote:

#main-window:after {
margin-left: -80px !important;
}
That does the job wonderfully, thanks :thumbup:

Also for the other stuff you linked, I will definitely look into that.

High Tide
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by High Tide » 2015-03-18, 22:51

I would also like to thank lootyhoof for a really nice set of themes. As I tend to favour the big clear icons I'm trying out the Qute4 at the moment.
I'm also with riiis in favouring the excellent Kempleton theme but (!) is there any way to change the private 'eye' icon? For a graphically excellent set of images this one is a real doozy (and a little scary!). Anyway, it's no biggie.
May I just add that this forum is one of the best that I've come across. As a (fairly) old newbie I'm learning good things all the time.
Lowena dhywgh!

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-03-18, 23:11

Thank you! :)
High Tide wrote:is there any way to change the private 'eye' icon?
I'm afraid not; it'd require changes to the theme, and I don't have an alternate icon, sadly. I'll see what I can do, but since I'm basing this off the Kempelton icon set which far pre-dates me working on the theme, any efforts I make will be lacking in comparison. ;)

On an unrelated note, it turns out I shouldn't judge a book by its cover: Rein seems to not need anywhere near as much work as I thought! I'm quite impressed with how this one's done, actually. In any case, I've done the port, and it works fine now. It's on GitHub and I'll be sending it to Tobin shortly.

I've also started the effort of moving userstyles onto the PMChrome repo, for those interested; watch this space. Currently I just have the different appmenu styles up, but I hope to grab a few more eventually.

High Tide
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by High Tide » 2015-03-19, 01:54

Thanks for your reply Lootyhoof. As said before it's no real problem. I'm trying the White Moon at the moment - very smart but perhaps a little faint for my old peepers! :geek:
Lowena dhywgh!

ashdav

Unread post by ashdav » 2015-03-19, 11:21

Nice dark theme available here https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1529
Called Pitchdark for Fx.
It works fine in Pale Moon with compatibility turned off. I think it's just a matter of version signing.
The authors website is here http://thebankshow.com/projects/pitchdark/
Also has a similar theme for Thunderbird which works ok with Fossamail https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/pitchdark-for-tb/

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-03-19, 13:33

ashdav wrote:Nice dark theme available here https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1529
Called Pitchdark for Fx.
It works fine in Pale Moon with compatibility turned off. I think it's just a matter of version signing.
The authors website is here http://thebankshow.com/projects/pitchdark/
Also has a similar theme for Thunderbird which works ok with Fossamail https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/pitchdark-for-tb/
This one seems nice, I like it. I've done the port, and it's now on GitHub. :) I noticed that it applies a gradient to the tabs toolbar when tabs are on top and the window is maximised, too - if anyone doesn't want that, I've added a style to the repo to revert it. Simply add it to userChrome.css or add to Stylish.

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by riiis » 2015-03-19, 14:16

Using the Reinheit theme, tabs on top, and using the Alt-key to toggle the menu bar- the menu shows with black-on-black text:
rein-tot-alt.jpg
But using the Kempelton Reloaded theme, with the same tabs on top setting, and using the Alt-key to toggle the menu bar- the menu shows correctly:
kempelton.jpg
Can the Reinheit theme be changed, so when the alt-key is used with tabs on top, the menu bar displays correctly (the same as Kempelton Reloaded)?
Last edited by riiis on 2015-04-18, 15:47, edited 1 time in total.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-03-19, 14:49

I've posted a fix and an updated XPI to my GitHub, does this work? I can't test it unfortunately, as it all looks fine to me. I just pulled in the fixes I applied to Kempelton Reloaded back when you discovered it in that, so hopefully it should be fine.

Do let me know if this exists in other themes, too!

roytam1

Unread post by roytam1 » 2015-03-19, 15:35

Lootyhoof wrote:I've posted a fix and an updated XPI to my GitHub, does this work? I can't test it unfortunately, as it all looks fine to me. I just pulled in the fixes I applied to Kempelton Reloaded back when you discovered it in that, so hopefully it should be fine.

Do let me know if this exists in other themes, too!
Thanks for fixing Rein theme :D