[Release] Kempelton Reloaded

Dedicated board for theme releases/support threads

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Forum rules
Please do not create new topics here unless you are a theme author in need of a dedicated releases&support thread!
Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

[Release] Kempelton Reloaded

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2014-05-12, 21:58

After a hiatus of just over 2 years(!), it's back!
Relive the beautiful Kempelton theme by Arvid Axelsson, now for Pale Moon!
It is available on GitHub. Check it out! It's also now available on the Pale Moon Add-Ons Site!

For changelogs, visit the changelog on GitHub.

What's different?
This version is made for Pale Moon; I've changed the UUID as a result. This means that you will not be able to receive updates from Kempelton Reloaded's Mozilla Add-ons page.

Why isn't this on addons.mozilla.org?
1. This particular version is for Pale Moon only; I don't want to cause confusion when Firefox users find it doesn't work.
2. The corresponding Firefox version (24) is quite old; it is unlikely to be accepted as-is.

Enjoy!
Last edited by Lootyhoof on 2016-10-04, 23:00, edited 21 times in total.

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: [Theme Release] Kempelton Reloaded 4.3.0pm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-05-13, 00:06

Fantastic... Looks like I need to get back to work on the Pale Moon addons site!

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2014-05-13, 20:41

That would be amazing if such a place existed. I'm looking forward to it!

...Only if you want to, of course. :P

kerframil

Unread post by kerframil » 2014-05-20, 23:25

Thank you, Lootyhoof, for porting what was once my favourite theme for Firefox. There is a glitch that affects the Find function. If a combination of characters is entered that does not result in a match, the text that was entered will be coloured white whereas the background colour of the field does not change, rendering the text invisible. This is somewhat jarring. In the standard theme, the background colour of the field is changed to a pastel red colour, ensuring that the text remains visible.

11ryanc

Unread post by 11ryanc » 2014-05-21, 02:07

Very classy theme, reminds me of Firefox 3 in a lot of ways. I've installed, love it ;) Any chance maybe you could build a Vista/7 Aero Blue version as well?

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2014-05-21, 21:53

kerframil wrote:Thank you, Lootyhoof, for porting what was once my favourite theme for Firefox. There is a glitch that affects the Find function. If a combination of characters is entered that does not result in a match, the text that was entered will be coloured white whereas the background colour of the field does not change, rendering the text invisible. This is somewhat jarring. In the standard theme, the background colour of the field is changed to a pastel red colour, ensuring that the text remains visible.
That's a very odd error. I checked the code between mine and the default theme, and apart from one thing unrelated to the "not found" issue (which adding didn't solve anyway) they appear to be exactly the same. For the meantime I've just made the text black -- better than white text on white, at least. I will post it on the OP at some point, but at the moment I seem to be getting errors just editing it unfortunately. In any case, I've put the code and associated releases on GitHub. You can see them here:

https://github.com/Lootyhoof/kempelton- ... eleases/pm

I also uploaded 4.3.1pm there which should fix the issue. :thumbup:
11ryanc wrote:Very classy theme, reminds me of Firefox 3 in a lot of ways. I've installed, love it ;) Any chance maybe you could build a Vista/7 Aero Blue version as well?
I'm afraid not, as this would be against the original Kempelton style and just generally look a little too bland in my opinion. That, and it would mean extra work for me :)

11ryanc

Unread post by 11ryanc » 2014-07-04, 05:38

Lootyhoof wrote:
kerframil wrote:Thank you, Lootyhoof, for porting what was once my favourite theme for Firefox. There is a glitch that affects the Find function. If a combination of characters is entered that does not result in a match, the text that was entered will be coloured white whereas the background colour of the field does not change, rendering the text invisible. This is somewhat jarring. In the standard theme, the background colour of the field is changed to a pastel red colour, ensuring that the text remains visible.
That's a very odd error. I checked the code between mine and the default theme, and apart from one thing unrelated to the "not found" issue (which adding didn't solve anyway) they appear to be exactly the same. For the meantime I've just made the text black -- better than white text on white, at least. I will post it on the OP at some point, but at the moment I seem to be getting errors just editing it unfortunately. In any case, I've put the code and associated releases on GitHub. You can see them here:

https://github.com/Lootyhoof/kempelton- ... eleases/pm

I also uploaded 4.3.1pm there which should fix the issue. :thumbup:
11ryanc wrote:Very classy theme, reminds me of Firefox 3 in a lot of ways. I've installed, love it ;) Any chance maybe you could build a Vista/7 Aero Blue version as well?
I'm afraid not, as this would be against the original Kempelton style and just generally look a little too bland in my opinion. That, and it would mean extra work for me :)
I understand, and yeah thinking back it was somewhat bland looking compared to this VS. I guess I can just be a little OCD about trying to make everything match style of OS completely. lol. Again excellent work for resurrecting this theme though, truly one of the best Firefox themes ever made without a doubt. Glad to see it in Pale Moon, as I'm using it as we speak ;)
Hopefully keeping it up to date with the latest versions won't be of an issue. Not sure exactly how the back end will change once updated beyond 24.0x. Shouldn't be drastically different.
If I may point out though, there are a few minor graphical issues. The 2 I can think of is the close button on the tabs bar is slightly off centered to the top, and the icon to display previews of all tabs appears slightly broken with the shading. Nothing by all means crucial, just thought I'd point those out for reference.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: [Theme Release] Kempelton Reloaded 4.4.0

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2014-10-07, 19:43

As I can't seem to edit the OP anymore, here's Kempelton Reloaded 4.4.0. Please note that it will only work on Pale Moon v25!

Changelogs can be viewed on GitHub (linked in OP).

Enjoy! :)
Attachments
kemp-reloaded-4-4-0.xpi
Kempelton Reloaded 4.4.0
(988.14 KiB) Downloaded 127 times

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: [Theme Release] Kempelton Reloaded 4.3.1pm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-10-07, 20:04

Did you change the addon guid so that it won't possibly be overwritten by amo?

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2014-10-07, 21:16

Yes, the GUID for both the addon and the application are different (i.e. it has its own GUID and includes PM's GUID instead of Firefox's).

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-10-07, 21:17

Thanks.. I do want to report one possible bug in small icons mode.. I assume the back/forward icons are not suppose to have a gap in them.. Also the bookmarks pull down button seems to only show when in customization mode..

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2014-10-07, 21:48

The back/forward buttons are indeed meant to be like that. If you'd prefer them closer, however, try this CSS in userChrome.css:

Code: Select all

toolbar[iconsize="small"] #back-button,
toolbar[iconsize="small"] #back-button:hover,
toolbar[iconsize="small"] #back-button[disabled="true"] {
    margin-right: -5px !important;
	}
Off-topic:
This did, however, show me that Stylish doesn't seem to work for v25. Is this known? It shows 2 "User Styles" entries in the addons manager, and you can't create/edit styles as the panel to write into isn't there.
I'm not sure what you mean by the bookmarks pull down button. Do you mean the bookmarks menu button? If so, I can't reproduce; shows fine for me, in small and large.

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: [Theme Release] Kempelton Reloaded 4.4.0

Unread post by riiis » 2014-10-08, 05:11

The main menu in the Menu Bar shows light gray text, against a white background, and thus is very difficult to read. This is probably specific to the Zune Windows theme I use in windows XP, and may not be a problem in other Windows versions and themes. But black text, or at least much darker main menu text, would be nice against the white background of the Menu Bar.
main menu.jpg
main menu.jpg (6.61 KiB) Viewed 10108 times

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: [Theme Release] Kempelton Reloaded 4.4.1

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2014-10-08, 23:07

Updated to version 4.4.1, which includes menu bar colouring fixes (hopefully...do report back, I can only test on my Windows 8 machine) and some improved Persona compatibility. Kempelton Reloaded never looked so good with a Persona applied! :)
Personas and Kempelton Reloaded
Personas and Kempelton Reloaded
As for how to enable them...

1. Enable the Persona of your choice, restarting the browser.
2. Enable Kempelton Reloaded, restarting the browser.
3. Type 'about:config' into the location bar
4. Search for 'lightweightThemes.isThemeSelected'; toggle this so that it is true.
5. Restart the browser.

I've also included a version specific to Pale Moon 24, for those not in the beta currently.

Enjoy!
Attachments
kemp-reloaded-4-4-1.xpi
Kempelton Reloaded 4.4.1 (Pale Moon v25)
(988.15 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
kemp-reloaded-4-4-1-pm24.xpi
Kempelton Reloaded 4.4.1 (Pale Moon v24)
(988.15 KiB) Downloaded 93 times

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: [Theme Release] Kempelton Reloaded 4.4.1pm

Unread post by riiis » 2014-10-09, 01:00

Thanks. Kempelton is once again my current favorite and nominee for best theme of all time.
kemp-reloaded-4-4-1.jpg
Last edited by riiis on 2014-10-09, 14:02, edited 3 times in total.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2014-10-09, 11:26

Appears to be a Pale Moon bug; I can confirm this happens on the default theme, on both PM24 and PM25, but ONLY when the menu bar is enabled.

EDIT: This also occurs on Firefox 24 ESR, default theme. Presumably expected behavior, as the bookmarks menu itself is shown when the menu bar is enabled.

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by riiis » 2014-10-09, 13:24

Lootyhoof wrote:Appears to be a Pale Moon bug; I can confirm this happens on the default theme, on both PM24 and PM25, but ONLY when the menu bar is enabled.

EDIT: This also occurs on Firefox 24 ESR, default theme. Presumably expected behavior, as the bookmarks menu itself is shown when the menu bar is enabled.
Thanks for solving this puzzling behavior. This appears to be the default behavior, as you noted, in PM24 and PM25 and Firefox 24 ESR, but only when the menu bar is always unhidden/enabled. On all three browsers, I dragged the bookmarks menu button from the toolbar palette to the navigation toolbar. Then when I enabled the menu bar, using the toolbar's right-click context menu, the bookmarks menu button disappeared. When I hid/disabled the menu bar, using this right-click context menu, the button reappeared. However, the behavior does not occur when the menu bar is only temporarily unhidden/enabled using the "Alt" key.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-10-09, 13:32

EDIT:

Styling still needs a bit of work.. but..

The Page on the Add-ons site is here: https://addons.palemoon.org/themes/modern/kempelton-reloaded/
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2014-10-09, 16:35, edited 1 time in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-10-09, 14:21

As for the bookmarks menu: this is expected behavior and as-designed. I know it confuses people sometimes but keep in mind: if the classic menu is enabled, the button menu is not needed, and the other way around. So if you enable the classic menu, the button will be disabled (no need to have the same thing in two locations).
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

11ryanc

Unread post by 11ryanc » 2014-10-11, 18:03

Still my fav theme, even better with these updates. And I had no idea a Persona/light theme could be applied with it. Looks great!