[Release] Kempelton Reloaded

Dedicated board for theme releases/support threads

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Forum rules
Please do not create new topics here unless you are a theme author in need of a dedicated releases&support thread!
riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: [Release] Kempelton Reloaded 4.4.4

Unread post by riiis » 2015-04-06, 00:15

Lootyhoof wrote:This, maybe?

Code: Select all

#titlebar:-moz-lwtheme {
  -moz-appearance: none !important;
  background-image: none !important;
  background: none !important;
  border: 0 !important;
}
Nothing works in Stylish. So I tried again with userChrome.css. The following code in userChrome.css fixed how light themes show in the Kempelton Reloaded title bar:

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");
      background-image: none !important;
      background: none !important;
      border: 0 !important;
    }
This simpler code also worked:

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");
      background: transparent !important;
    }
Qute Large, and other themes with black title bars, are also fixed, as well. Noia Moon and PMChrome, which didn't have this title bar/light theme issue, also continue to work as well as they did before.

Many thanks again for the help. :thumbup:

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-04-06, 11:38

Thanks for testing that. I can also confirm it works on WinXP Luna, so I'll get on with adding this soon. Do you happen to know which other themes have this issue?

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by riiis » 2015-04-06, 17:42

Lootyhoof wrote:Thanks for testing that. I can also confirm it works on WinXP Luna, so I'll get on with adding this soon. Do you happen to know which other themes have this issue?
I hadn't tested many other themes, so I decided to do so. Note that testing was done with userChrome.css disabled.

First of all, I found one new issue during testing, that was unrelated to light themes. The Maxi 4 theme's title bar shows white text over a light blue background, and thus barely readable:
maxi4.jpg
EDIT: Fixed :thumbup:

Second, using the Default theme to define default behavior, default behavior is defined as consisting of the following:
1. With tabs on top and window NOT maximized and light theme applied, the light theme was painted to all toolbars except the title bar. The title bar received its color from the Windows theme (in my case, black from the Windows XP Zune theme). Tab titles remained readable in the title bar.
2. With tabs on top and window maximized and light theme applied, the light theme was painted to all toolbars, including the tabbar/title bar.

The following themes are not skinnable with light themes: XMoon and Darkness.

The following themes were found to fully conform to this default behavior: Default theme, Compact Moon, Dark Pitch, Qute 4 PM, Gnome Classic, Nautical Classic, and Winstripe Classic.

The following themes were found to conform to this default behavior, except that tab titles could not be read in the black title bar: Qute Large, Qute Legacy, Tangerinemoon, Tangomoon, and Moonfox 3.

White Moon was found to conform with this default behavior, except that the navigation bar was not painted with the light theme.

Fox 2 the Moon was found to conform with this default behavior, except that the tabbar was gray, rather than painted with the light theme.

Noia Moon, PM Chrome, Maxi 3, and Maxi 4 were found NOT to conform with this default behavior. However, this non-conformance was not an issue. That is, the title bar was always painted by the light theme, which is preferable to the default behavior, rather than using the black Windows theme. Note that PMChrome always hides the tab titles (apparently because the title bar height is less than necessary to show the text).

PM Opera was found to conform with this default behavior, when the window was maximized. However, PM Opera was found to be broken when the window was not maximized. That is, the light theme header does not work in PM Opera when the window was not maximized, only the light theme footer (only the status bar was painted by the light theme).

The Reinheit theme shows a black tabbar/titlebar when the window is maximized (that is, the tabbar/titlebar is not painted by the light theme). The Reinheit theme shows a gray tabbar when the window is not maximized (that is, the tabbar is not painted by the light theme).

Kempelton Reloaded shows a black tabbar/titlebar when the window is maximized (that is, the tabbar/titlebar is not painted by the light theme). Kempelton Reloaded also shows a black titlebar when the window is not maximized, but the tab title cannot be read.
Last edited by riiis on 2015-04-08, 17:07, edited 2 times in total.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-04-06, 23:44

This may take longer than I expected, since it appears that adding this fix also breaks the tab margins when maximized (everything is shifted up, and breaks again if you restore down then maximize again). For now you'll just have to live with the workaround, I'm afraid.

As for Maxi4, is this by default or using a persona?

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by riiis » 2015-04-07, 00:12

As for Maxi4, is this by default or using a persona?
Light blue background is the default, not a persona. However, the white text does not change if a persona is applied. So the text is readable with a medium to dark persona; the text is unreadable with a white or very light persona.

EDIT: Fixed by Maxi4 v1.0.1
Last edited by riiis on 2015-04-07, 16:24, edited 1 time in total.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-04-07, 16:12

Version 4.4.5 is out. Does it solve the issue without (m)any other issues? It's meant to only match the default behavior.

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by riiis » 2015-04-07, 17:13

Lootyhoof wrote:Version 4.4.5 is out. Does it solve the issue without (m)any other issues? It's meant to only match the default behavior.
Kempelton Reloaded v4.4.5 matches default behavior, except when using white or even moderately light personas.
Kempelton Reloaded with dark persona
Kempelton Reloaded with dark persona
Kempelton Reloaded with light persona
Kempelton Reloaded with light persona
Default theme with light persona
Default theme with light persona

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: [Release] Kempelton Reloaded 4.4.5

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-04-07, 18:05

Does version 4.4.6 fix this issue?

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: [Release] Kempelton Reloaded 4.4.5

Unread post by riiis » 2015-04-07, 19:30

Lootyhoof wrote:Does version 4.4.6 fix this issue?
Yes it does! :thumbup:

Nevertheless, I think I'll keep the userChrome.css workaround code permanently in place, that you provided. The workaround altogether gets rid of the black titlebar from the Windows XP Zune theme, when a persona is used. And, AFAIK without any downside.

background: transparent !important;
    }

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: [Release] Kempelton Reloaded 4.5.0

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-05-13, 17:50

Version 4.5.0 is out. This is a major release, designed to bring visual parity with the original Kempelton theme.

What's new?
More of a Firefox 3 look that this theme was always intended to have. :) Among these, the tabs and identity box are the biggest changes. As well as changing the tab shape, the top margin was removed if tabs are on top and maximised. No need to bring the mouse a few pixels from the top of the screen now!

Another major change was the addon manager was completely redesigned, to make it feel more consistent with the rest of the theme.

11ryanc

Unread post by 11ryanc » 2015-05-14, 18:25

Just noticed the auto update opening Pale Moon. Took me by surprise. Nicely done! The tab styling and keyhole shaped identity box looks perfect, and right on par with the original.
One small issue, however. If tabs bar is disabled for single tab browsing, there is no longer a small outline separating the page content from the browser toolbar. It's petty, but just thought I would throw that out there.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: [Release] Kempelton Reloaded 4.5.1

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-05-22, 12:16

Version 4.5.1 is now out. While Windows users may not notice too many changes, Linux users will notice a lot.

What's New?
- Much improved Linux support, bringing rough visual parity with the Windows version. The appmenu is styled, too! :)

Note that, if using the Blue Moon Linux addon, you must first disable the "Pale Moon button" style in the addon, as it overrides this style.

- The button in the notification popup is now styled better, and overall looks nicer cross-platform.

- The about:addons header has been styled to be consistent with the toolbar in Places (the History/Bookmarks/Download window).

- Jetpack-style menu buttons (such as uBlock) are styled correctly now.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-05-22, 12:47

11ryanc wrote:One small issue, however. If tabs bar is disabled for single tab browsing, there is no longer a small outline separating the page content from the browser toolbar. It's petty, but just thought I would throw that out there.
This is one thing I did forget about, sorry about that. :silent: I'll get onto it next time I make a release.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: [Release] Kempelton Reloaded 4.5.2

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-06-22, 22:14

Version 4.5.2 has been released.

What's new?
- Added back/forward dropmarker, Firefox 3-style. Please disable and/or remove any addons adding this functionality if using any.

- Fix bottom border when tab bar disabled.

11ryanc

Re: [Release] Kempelton Reloaded 4.5.2

Unread post by 11ryanc » 2015-06-25, 16:04

As usual, awesome release :thumbup:

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: [Release] Kempelton Reloaded 4.6.0

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-08-13, 14:53

Kempelton Reloaded has been updated to 4.6.0.

What's new?
- Pale Moon v26 compatibility
- fix window borders on Windows 10
- don't animate popups on non-Windows

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: [Release] Kempelton Reloaded v4.6.1

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-09-03, 15:21

Kempelton Reloaded has been updated to v4.6.1, to address vertical toolbar border issues.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: [Release] Kempelton Reloaded v4.6.2

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-10-19, 19:17

Kempelton Reloaded has been updated to v4.6.2, in preparation for Windows 10-specific changes in the next public release of Pale Moon 26.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: [Release] Kempelton Reloaded v4.7.0

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2015-12-20, 22:14

Kempelton Reloaded has been updated to v4.7.0.

What's new?
- (PM26) add history menu button
- show more icons in history/bookmarks menus
- stability improvements
- correctly style alert box
- fix media controls
- improve alltabs button's appearance when not in the tab bar
- add unified back/forward menu icons
- improve presentation of alltabs' close buttons
- make tab bar's alltabs button more FF3-like

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: [Release] Kempelton Reloaded v4.7.1

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2016-01-13, 21:36

Kempelton Reloaded has been updated to v4.7.1, in preparation for changes to the download popup in Pale Moon 26.