[Pre-release] Phosphor

Dedicated board for theme releases/support threads

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Forum rules
Please do not create new topics here unless you are a theme author in need of a dedicated releases&support thread!
FranklinDM
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

[Pre-release] Phosphor

Unread post by FranklinDM » 2020-08-05, 09:53

Here's the first test version of the Phosphor (P1) theme, a dark theme variant of Milestone 10, designed to be similar in appearance with how things used to be in the days of monochrome monitors. Another variant featuring P3/Amber color scheme is planned in the future: stay tuned!

If you've found any issues (aside from those listed in this page), feel free to report them in this thread.

Download: https://github.com/FranklinDM/Phosphor/ ... g/v1.0.0a1

Screenshots:
Pale Moon
Interlink Mail & News
Ambassador
XUL Periodic Table

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: [Pre-release] Phosphor

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-08-05, 10:57

If you -really- wanted to make it true to the name you should give most bolder text a slight font glow.
Also: Amber has always been my fav. (my first PC monitor was an amber one, so much nicer than those green ones)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2020-08-05, 16:33

Thanks for the theme franklin.im using it now..any other colurs etc on way.?.I quite like your themes,
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2020-08-05, 16:45

Is it possible to have an animated GIF as the background image for a theme? Imagine something that simulates a CRT horizontal scan line to go with this :)
I had an Android theme for Nova Launcher that made it look like the Pip-boy from the Fallout series of games.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-08-05, 19:13

If you want it to leak massive amounts of memory and be slow as hell.. Yes. You can. BTW this is why Animated Personas are behind a pref however real themes have no such restriction in place.

FranklinDM
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Unread post by FranklinDM » 2022-03-18, 10:08

Updated for compatibility with Pale Moon 30, available here: https://github.com/FranklinDM/Phosphor/ ... g/v1.0.0a2

I'm aiming to finish this theme in the near future, but I'm still constrained by a lot of things IRL, unfortunately.

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Goodydino » 2022-03-18, 22:03

If you want something animated, why not just use a throbber, which is animated only when a page is loading?

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2022-03-21, 00:14

Goodydino wrote:
2022-03-18, 22:03
If you want something animated, why not just use a throbber, which is animated only when a page is loading?
Which has been around since Netscape and is just a tiny animated icon versus the whole toolbar background that I was referring to here.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX