GetemAll! - Fork of DownthemAll!

Dedicated board for extension releases/support threads

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Forum rules
Please do not create new topics here unless you are an extension author in need of a dedicated releases&support thread!
R3n_001
Moonbather
Moonbather

Re: GetemAll! - Fork of DownthemAll!

Unread post by R3n_001 » 2021-07-05, 02:04

RealityRipple wrote:
2021-06-16, 00:06
Made an alternate fork for this: DownItAll. No compiled release available at this time.

Moderator note: PLEASE do not quote entire previous messages. See forum rules.
Looks very nice, but I wish there was a version without the download rows being so massive. I like the original DTA height.
Last edited by Admin on 2021-07-05, 02:10, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quoting.

RealityRipple
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by RealityRipple » 2021-07-18, 17:48

I've made 5 merge requests so far: The changes to the context menu will take more time, since I got rid of the toolbars in my version, and they need to be disabled as well as the menu items when the actions don't make sense (like pause when already paused).

Trell
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by Trell » 2021-09-01, 19:25

I have a question about the Fast Filter, does anyone know if it is possible to filter on a first priority group of files?

Like I have the situation where there are pairs of files like:
*_1.txt
*_1.yml

*_2.txt
*_2.yml

*_3.txt
*_3.yml

Now when there is *_1.* present, I want to select the two *_1.* files (and not the others), else if *_2.* is present select the two *_2.* files (and not the others) and else select the two *_3.* files.
I'm not sure if that is possible with just the regex fast filter...

Edit:
As an example, like having those 3 regexes

Code: Select all

/(_1.(txt|yml))$/ /(_2.(txt|yml))$/ /(_3.(txt|yml))$/
but ignore the rest if one matches a txt and/or yml.

iborg

Unread post by iborg » 2021-09-15, 02:17

Great work! Thanks for doing this, now I can finally upgrade my pale moon version and not lose my downloader. And it works great alongside Viewtube too! All my requirements are now met again in PaleMoon!

iborg

Unread post by iborg » 2021-09-15, 15:33

Ahh - I spoke too soon. I still think it's great work , but downloads are corrupted. And the interface looked different the first time I used it, with a new renaming option, but now it's exactly the same interface as DTA. I deleted DTA before I installed GEA, but clearly there were still some config files left over. Where are they located & what filenames should I look for to completely remove all traces of DTA before reinstalling? This is for OpenSUSE Leap 15.2 and Pale Moon 29.4.1. Thanks

iborg

Unread post by iborg » 2021-09-15, 18:15

Apologies - I think I have to blame my wireless network for the file corruption. I'd still like to hear about the other stuff though, like where did the different interface go and where are all the file locations?

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2021-09-17, 13:14

GtA uses the same preferences and settings as DtA so there was no need to uninstall anything. All your previous settings, download history etc would've seamlessly gotten transferred :roll:
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2021-09-19, 03:43

RealityRipple wrote:
2021-07-18, 17:48
I've made 5 merge requests so far:
Finally got around to merging these changes and published a new release just now!

Changelog for 1.1

• Remove donation code leftovers.
  • Don't select file extension on rename.
  • Show total progress percentage.
  • Add 'Remove completed downloads immediately' pref.
  • Naturalize drag & drop.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-09-19, 12:57

moonbat wrote:
2021-09-19, 03:43
Don't select file extension on rename.
I find this really, really annoying. Is there a way to make this optional so it will select the entire filename?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

RealityRipple
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by RealityRipple » 2021-11-18, 19:56

The "remove completed immediately" preference has the wrong extension name (dia instead of dta), preventing the feature from working correctly. My bad there.

I also noticed the extension is expecting a base64-encoded hex string for digest headers, when I'm pretty sure the spec is a base64-encoded raw hash. I'll put up Pull requests for these and Moonchild's request for a "select extension on rename" preference shortly.

I also wanted to ask, what's with the functionality of unchecking "Show only file names in Manager window"? It replaces the file name with the download URL, which I kinda get, but then when you go to rename the file, you're changing the URL, except it doesn't change the URL, but it does change the filename, based on the file name and extension segment of the URL. Is this expected/desired behavior for this preference? It seems like the whole thing would better be served with a "Source URL" column.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2021-11-18, 22:50

RealityRipple wrote:
2021-11-18, 19:56
Is this expected/desired behavior for this preference? It seems like the whole thing would better be served with a "Source URL" column.
You're right. I've never unchecked that preference in all my years of using dTA before this. Also it's funny that when you customize columns, there's one for just the domain. Could've made that show the URL like you said.

m_a_schuster

Unread post by m_a_schuster » 2022-03-09, 20:05

Hi,

Longtime user (migrant from Firefox) who is struggling with intermittent corruption of large segments of downloaded files with GetEmAll V1.1, current PaleMoon, and Win10 Pro X64.
Don't ever remember this happening with DownThemAll.

Comes and goes. Used this for months before it bit me.
Only affects files ~ greater than 2GB.
Videos have unplayable areas, CRCed archives (ZIP, RAR) have extraction errors.
Only happens when using multi-segment download per file.
Telltale sign is very long stall of data flow during file allocation
Occurs on any type of disk including internal, external, and SSD.
Occurs whether or not "last kb first" option is selected.
Occurs whether or not downloads are saved in a temp directory first, or directly to stored folder.
Corruption occurs in first segment of file and/or in between segments (at the stitch points). Easy to see by viewing a video file and see the points where playback stalls due to missing or corrupt data.

I first blamed the other factors - memory, disk corruption, OS corruption - but systematically eliminated them all.
NOTE: Downloading the same files by simple "save" from the browser, or using another segmented downloader (like JDownloader) files are NOT corrupted and hash identically to each other.

I'm about to give up on this extension since, by process of elimination, I'm challenged to find any other cause. Any suggestions that I havne't already tried?

R3n_001
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by R3n_001 » 2022-03-09, 22:28

I use the fork DownItAll, and I thought my downloads were corrupting because my VPN can be kinda garbo at times. I guess I'm wrong.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-03-09, 23:02

DtA/GtA by default uses multiple threads to download files in chunks (regular save as goes single thread start to finish). Perhaps that is an issue, especially if you may have e.g. antivirus interfering that tries to scan everything on the fly (either during download or when stitching a file back together from chunks).
I personally have not had any issues with GtA, neither on Win 10 nor on Win 7.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

m_a_schuster

Unread post by m_a_schuster » 2022-03-10, 12:37

Thanks.

I had not considered the possibility that real-time antivirus scanning would be a factor (because it is there for both downloaders that have no issues with corruption and GTA which does).

But it certainly is worth a trial of downloaidng large files with real-time protection switched off (or just excluding the target directory from scanning). Will give it a try.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2022-03-11, 00:08

m_a_schuster wrote:
2022-03-10, 12:37
because it is there for both downloaders that have no issues with corruption and GTA which does
Given this is a direct fork of the last working XUL version of GtA that was also working fine on Pale Moon except for being targeted at Firefox, the codebase is identical except for branding and a couple of additional cosmetic preferences.

Gordon Dry
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Gordon Dry » 2022-04-22, 11:05

Please fix the Dropbox support.

I tried to download a direct link (with =1 at the end) as usual, but I got a file linkfilter.htm instead.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2022-04-22, 13:48

Dropbox is currently broken in Pale Moon and fails to load even on a fresh empty profile. Please provide a sample link to a file you're unable to download, if you can.

Gordon Dry
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Gordon Dry » 2022-04-22, 16:10

Well, I was able to download "normally" with built-in downloader. In an older profile.
So that's not the case for me what you just mentioned - only GetemAll! is affected.
Link for testing purpose:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9e148qg6t4uhd ... 01.7z?dl=1

Just tested again, same results.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2022-04-22, 17:35

Gordon Dry wrote:
2022-04-22, 11:05
tried to download a direct link (with =1 at the end) as usual, but I got a file linkfilter.htm instead.
Gordon Dry wrote:
2022-04-22, 16:10
Link for testing purpose:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9e148qg6t4uhd ... 01.7z?dl=1

Just tested again, same results.
I'm not seeing this problem. (PM 29.4.6)

Just downloaded your test file with GetemAll three times (used both context menu entries, & also direct L click -> save dialog), and each time got a 107.33mb .7z file.
How did you initiate the download? What happens in a clean profile with only GetemAll installed?
GeA-dropbox.png
GeA-dropbox2.png