Forking Undo Closed Tabs Button: Restore Tabs Button Add-on

Dedicated board for extension releases/support threads

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Forum rules
Please do not create new topics here unless you are an extension author in need of a dedicated releases&support thread!
[PCMartin]
Moon lover
Moon lover

Re: Forking Undo Closed Tabs Button: Restore Tabs Button Add-on

Unread post by [PCMartin] » 2021-05-24, 22:29

moonbat wrote:
2021-04-12, 16:14
tarakbumba wrote:
2021-04-12, 16:05
Do you think that it's harmful for Pale Moon or community to working on this?
No, not at all. … Pale Moon is about choice and there's nothing wrong if there are different extensions offering different combinations [or subsets] of the same features :)
Agreed. I happen to use a lot of Tab Mix Plus's features and the only "serious" UI glitch I've run into was after Pale Moon introduced native audio buttons on tabs, rendering a standalone audio-button extension I had been using superfluous and problematic. (I fixed the glitch by uninstalling the audio-button extension, but even so, Tab Mix Plus's developer investigated and updated Tab Mix Plus. I also resolved to read Pale Moon's release notes a lot more carefully before updating, with an eye to potential extension problems.) I've configured Tab Mix Plus to "Undo Close Tab" when I double-click on any tab (or anywhere else on the tab bar other than on a button), but I can understand if some users prefer a dedicated toolbar button or just don't feel like wading through Tab Mix Plus's many menus and submenus.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it, good and hard. ;)
x
xxxxx—— HL Mencken (with improved punctuation and a winking smiley)

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2021-05-25, 03:52

[PCMartin] wrote:
2021-05-24, 22:29
if some users prefer a dedicated toolbar button or just don't feel like wading through Tab Mix Plus's many menus and submenus.
I'll add the disclaimer that user choice trumps all and to each their own - but given the vast number of individual function extensions for tabs as well as other things, I personally find it better to have one powerful extension that covers every possible requirement than clutter up the profile with multiple single function extensions. Besides, from a performance perspective, TMP and other complex extensions like it would better integrate related functions than separate individual ones.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

gull5
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by gull5 » 2021-05-25, 10:32

It seems there is a problem with the "Remove 'Undo Last Closed Tab' from the right-click context menu" as it doesn't remove the entry from the right-click context menu when selected.

P.S. I'll test it on a clean portable version to make sure there is no conflict with another add-on when I have some free time.

tarakbumba
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by tarakbumba » 2021-05-26, 20:38

pmbug wrote:
2021-05-25, 10:32
It seems there is a problem with the "Remove 'Undo Last Closed Tab' from the right-click context menu" as it doesn't remove the entry from the right-click context menu when selected.

P.S. I'll test it on a clean portable version to make sure there is no conflict with another add-on when I have some free time.
Please test with clean profile. "Remove 'Undo Last Closed Tab' from the right-click context menu" option just works here. As you noticed probably another extension conflicts with the option.
Attachments
Palemoon_01.png
Palemoon_02.png

gull5
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by gull5 » 2021-05-28, 14:38

After restarting the browser in order to complete the v1.3 update the entry disappeared from the right-click context menu.