ηMatrix/eMatrix support thread

Dedicated board for extension releases/support threads

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Forum rules
Please do not create new topics here unless you are an extension author in need of a dedicated releases&support thread!
coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: ηMatrix/eMatrix support thread

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2021-07-07, 21:37

BenFenner wrote:
2021-07-07, 21:20
GitLab is hostile towards Pale Moon, making the page unreadable.
Current release of GitHub Web Components Polyfill also supports GitLab.
Solves that for me.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-07-08, 00:02

It isn't a solution to anything.. AT BEST it is a hacky workaround that doesn't change the reality that Gitlab is hostile just like github and COULD support us outright but won't. To say nothing about the glory whore behind the extension, you [#*&$%@$#%@#$]

Moderator note: unnecessary hostile namecalling removed.
Last edited by Moonchild on 2021-07-08, 07:38, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No point in namecalling.

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by vannilla » 2021-07-08, 00:05

Eventually I'll move out of Gitlab, but I can't yet set up the environment, mostly on the local side of things (i.e. accessing the remote site.)
Anyway, official releases are always provided through the browser's official extension site, so aside from the changelog it's fine if you can't access the XPI from Gitlab since it's only for testing, which can be done also by cloning the repository using git itself and packaging the XPI yourself, rather than using only the pre-built package.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2021-07-08, 03:17

vannilla wrote:
2021-07-08, 00:05
if you can't access the XPI from Gitlab
The xpi seems to be visible/downloadable (without the polyfill) by its tag, though not as a release.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2021-07-08, 08:51

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2021-07-08, 00:02
It isn't a solution to anything.
Off-topic:
Regardless how you personally feel toward its developer...
The GitHub/GitLab Web Components Polyfill extension gives, for the present, a way to use Pale Moon with the GitHub and GitLab web interface.
For anyone who wants or needs to do that, it's a near-term, practical solution to an immediate problem.

A true fix to the underlying problem would be to finish implementing customElements.
But that doesn't look like it will happen soon.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-07-08, 11:18

I would have said the same even if it was someone like vanilla or moonbat who created it. It isn't a solution.. It is a hacky workaround.

To everyone: Stop calling workarounds .. solutions.

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by vannilla » 2021-07-11, 17:15

4.4.9 is now considered stable and has been submitted to the official update channel.
I've waited less time than other releases because the exploit being fixed can be serious depending on the circumstances, as it can lead to browser crashes and potentially other issues.

d83hlka3
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by d83hlka3 » 2021-08-09, 02:58

eMatrix_cant_see_hilights.png
I cannot see what has been selected and unselected with dark theme.
Makes this important extension unusable for me.

Any ideas how to fix?
Thanks for eMatrix!

[EDIT]
I found that the control window is taking my set 'page colors', so I installed 'Toggle Page Colors'. Toggling my colors to disabled, when I need to change eMatrix settings, resolves my issue.
Last edited by d83hlka3 on 2021-08-09, 03:06, edited 1 time in total.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-08-09, 03:04

Contact the theme developer.

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by vannilla » 2021-08-09, 06:47

Any issues with non-default colors has to be brought to the ones changing them, doubly so for dark mode as I consider it a meme and strongly antagonize its adoption.

paledude
New to the forum
New to the forum

Unread post by paledude » 2021-09-09, 04:32

Hello gentlemen and furries, I have been using PM with nmatrix for years but in the last year on both windows and linux, the icon for it on the upper right has not been displaying on some installs, I tried activating/ reactivating the icon, install uninstall, no luck. This annoying change is making me about to abandon PM, can anoyone please refer me a fix?

thanks

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by vannilla » 2021-09-09, 18:16

Please provide screenshots (if possible at all) and test it on a new profile.
Simply make a new profile using the profile manager, do absolutely nothing but install eMatrix from the addons site, then see if the issue persists (e.g. restart the browser using the new profile.)
It's probably the already-known issue caused by eMatrix being bootstrapped/restartless, but even if it has been reported already anything related to that can help narrowing the set of things to look out for to fix the issue, so please do try to be as detailed as possible.

Pause
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Pause » 2021-09-10, 20:23

I'd also suggest checking View -> Toolbars -> Customize and seeing if it's in there, as I've seen an extension conflict with a couple of others (including this one) and make them repeatedly end up there instead in the past.
Off-topic:
I believe the extension in question was Grabit, but I never tried it on a different profile or anything, so can't be certain it wasn't just me. Admittedly with Linux being mentioned it's obviously less likely the user is using Grabit due to it including a Windows executable.

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by vannilla » 2022-01-31, 19:53

Hello,
I've released a new version of each extension I have written. The update was pushed to prepare for the removal of Pale Moon's original (as in "unique") GUID, by adding a block with Firefox's GUID.
For most extensions this change doesn't really bring anything except a higher version number, so I'm not going to make a post for each of them, "piggybacking" on eMatrix, which is probably the most used among all the extension I maintain, instead.

Unfortunately eMatrix required some deeper changes to accomodate for the "restoration" of the Firefox GUID, but that was mostly because of Basilisk and since that browser is now discontinued, it ended up by just some code removal.
Anyway, even though it shouldn't break anything, if you see something strange please do report it as soon as possible.

P.S.: due to some internal mismanagement, if you pull eMatrix from git you'll see a tag "v5.0.1" even though the install.rdf file lists it as 5.0.0.
You can safely ignore this difference, as it doesn't really have any particular impact.
By the way, I've added a Changelog file under git, so you can check release notes without interacting with Gitlab, which is becomning increasingly unusable.
The long-term plan is to move at least eMatrix to RPMO (the Gitea instance managed by Moonchild) if possible.

Michaell
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Michaell » 2022-02-01, 00:53

Maybe I misunderstood something, but 4.4.9 is still latest release on Gitlab page (not using Git). But I got it from addons site.
Win10home(1709), PM33.0.0-portable as of Feb 1, '24

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by vannilla » 2022-02-01, 01:15

The web interface doesn't work under Pale Moon and I can't be bothered to use a different browser, so I won't update Gitlab like I used to.
If you mean that the tags are missing, then maybe I simply forgot to push them. I'll do it when I have the local repo at hand again.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2022-02-01, 01:19

That polyfill by Justoff works fine with Gitlab.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

wavymoon
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by wavymoon » 2022-05-24, 15:23

Just a FYI
I was having trouble with getting the ηMatrix popup control to display. The about:performance page showed Theme Builder (by Riis) might be causing a slow down. I disabled (was not really doing anything for me) it and wala it loads fine now. I have no idea why this would happen.
I am thinking I will disable/remove Themetool as well as I do not think it is doing anything for me either, just a remnant of my efforts to get Pale Moon looking the way it does on my older machine with a different graphics card..

Ok now youtube has this problem. Is this a known problem or am I seeing this wrong??

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by vannilla » 2022-05-24, 18:23

If it's about the toolbar button disappearing, that's a known an probably unfixable bug.
If it's something else... you need to be more specific, maybe add a screenshot too.
I don't know what you are talking about regarding youtube.

wavymoon
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by wavymoon » 2022-05-24, 18:47

ooops I meant to put in a screen shot!
Thanks for the fast response.
(I sent to your email BTW)

This happening on a few sites, can't get to the control panel (or whatever it is called) to adjust site settings.

Code: Select all

Application Basics
------------------

Name: Pale Moon
Version: 31.0.0 (64-bit)
Build ID: 20220507145042
Update Channel: release
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Goanna/5.1 Firefox/68.0 PaleMoon/31.0.0
Safe Mode: false

Extensions
----------

Name: Add Bookmark Helper
Version: 1.0.6
Enabled: true
ID: abh2me@Off.JustOff

Name: CacheSwitch
Version: 0.7
ID: {e90888b8-ee55-452b-8492-f2d54e8a9ab5}

Name: Classic Add-ons Archive
Version: 2.0.3
ID: ca-archive@Off.JustOff

Name: ColorPili
Version: 1.0.2
ID: {44d02d22-bc0f-480a-b009-2b3eaa5772a3}

Name: Config Comments
Version: 1.0
ID: ConfigCommentsk@gracious1.cat

Name: customize_titlebar_v2
Version: 0.8
ID: customize-titlebar-v2@solc.me

Name: Digger Reloaded
Version: 1.8.1-signed.1-signed
ID: digger@fun.update

Name: FEBE
Version: 10.4
ID: {4BBDD651-70CF-4821-84F8-2B918CF89CA3}

Name: Find Buttons
Version: 1.1.3.1-signed
ID: find-single@codefisher.org

Name: HTTPS Always
Version: 5.2.26
ID: https-always@hyperbola.info

Name: Noia Moon Options
Version: 2.1.1
ID: noia-options@addons.palemoon.org

Name: Open With
Version: 6.8.6
ID: openwith@darktrojan.net

Name: Pale Moon Commander
Version: 3.0.1
ID: commander@palemoon.org

Name: Reload and Skip Cache
Version: 1.0.1
ID: reloadskipcache@franklindm

Name: Session Manager
Version: 0.8.1.14
ID: {1280606b-2510-4fe0-97ef-9b5a22eafe30}

Name: ThemeTool
Version: 6.2.0
ID: {0daf556d-70de-4b15-a90f-b30395bd9c22}

Name: Title Bar Customizer
Version: 1.4
ID: {583c9310-98a6-11eb-a6b6-0800200c9a66}

Name: Toolbar Buttons
Version: 1.1
ID: {03B08592-E5B4-45ff-A0BE-C1D975458688}

Name: URL Clipper
Version: 1.0.3
ID: url-clipper@tekir.org

Name: ηMatrix
Version: 5.0.2
ID: eMatrix@vannilla.org

Name: FavIconReloader
Version: 0.8.1-signed
Enabled: false
ID: FavIconReloader@mozilla.org

Name: Theme Builder
Version: 4.1.0
Enabled: false
ID: {fd127522-63a6-40ef-a259-7f7a0ba811bc}

Graphics
--------

Features
Compositing: Direct3D 11
GPU Accelerated Windows: 6/6 Direct3D 11 (OMTC)
Asynchronous Pan/Zoom: none
WebGL 1 Driver WSI Info: EGL_VENDOR: Google Inc. (adapter LUID: 000000000000f03b) EGL_VERSION: 1.4 (ANGLE 2.1.0.) EGL_EXTENSIONS: EGL_EXT_create_context_robustness EGL_ANGLE_d3d_share_handle_client_buffer EGL_ANGLE_surface_d3d_texture_2d_share_handle EGL_ANGLE_query_surface_pointer EGL_ANGLE_window_fixed_size EGL_ANGLE_keyed_mutex EGL_ANGLE_surface_orientation EGL_ANGLE_direct_composition EGL_NV_post_sub_buffer EGL_KHR_create_context EGL_EXT_device_query EGL_KHR_image EGL_KHR_image_base EGL_KHR_gl_texture_2D_image EGL_KHR_gl_texture_cubemap_image EGL_KHR_gl_renderbuffer_image EGL_KHR_get_all_proc_addresses EGL_KHR_stream EGL_KHR_stream_consumer_gltexture EGL_NV_stream_consumer_gltexture_yuv EGL_ANGLE_flexible_surface_compatibility EGL_ANGLE_stream_producer_d3d_texture_nv12 EGL_EXTENSIONS(nullptr): EGL_EXT_client_extensions EGL_EXT_platform_base EGL_EXT_platform_device EGL_ANGLE_platform_angle EGL_ANGLE_platform_angle_d3d EGL_ANGLE_device_creation EGL_ANGLE_device_creation_d3d11 EGL_ANGLE_experimental_present_path EGL_KHR_client_get_all_proc_addresses
WebGL 1 Driver Renderer: Google Inc. -- ANGLE (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Direct3D11 vs_5_0 ps_5_0)
WebGL 1 Driver Version: OpenGL ES 2.0 (ANGLE 2.1.0.)
WebGL 1 Driver Extensions: GL_OES_element_index_uint GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil GL_OES_get_program_binary GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_EXT_read_format_bgra GL_NV_pixel_buffer_object GL_OES_mapbuffer GL_EXT_map_buffer_range GL_EXT_color_buffer_half_float GL_OES_texture_half_float GL_OES_texture_half_float_linear GL_OES_texture_float GL_OES_texture_float_linear GL_EXT_texture_rg GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt3 GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt5 GL_OES_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_texture GL_EXT_sRGB GL_ANGLE_depth_texture GL_OES_depth32 GL_EXT_texture_storage GL_OES_texture_npot GL_EXT_draw_buffers GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_occlusion_query_boolean GL_NV_fence GL_EXT_disjoint_timer_query GL_EXT_robustness GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_ANGLE_framebuffer_blit GL_ANGLE_framebuffer_multisample GL_ANGLE_instanced_arrays GL_ANGLE_pack_reverse_row_order GL_OES_standard_derivatives GL_EXT_shader_texture_lod GL_EXT_frag_depth GL_ANGLE_texture_usage GL_ANGLE_translated_shader_source GL_EXT_discard_framebuffer GL_EXT_debug_marker GL_OES_EGL_image GL_OES_EGL_image_external GL_NV_EGL_stream_consumer_external GL_EXT_unpack_subimage GL_NV_pack_subimage GL_OES_vertex_array_object GL_KHR_debug GL_ANGLE_lossy_etc_decode GL_CHROMIUM_bind_uniform_location GL_CHROMIUM_sync_query GL_CHROMIUM_copy_texture
WebGL 1 Extensions: ANGLE_instanced_arrays EXT_blend_minmax EXT_color_buffer_half_float EXT_frag_depth EXT_shader_texture_lod EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic EXT_disjoint_timer_query MOZ_debug_get OES_element_index_uint OES_standard_derivatives OES_texture_float OES_texture_float_linear OES_texture_half_float OES_texture_half_float_linear OES_vertex_array_object WEBGL_color_buffer_float WEBGL_compressed_texture_etc1 WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc WEBGL_debug_renderer_info WEBGL_debug_shaders WEBGL_depth_texture WEBGL_draw_buffers WEBGL_lose_context MOZ_WEBGL_lose_context MOZ_WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc MOZ_WEBGL_depth_texture
WebGL 2 Driver WSI Info: EGL_VENDOR: Google Inc. (adapter LUID: 000000000000f03b) EGL_VERSION: 1.4 (ANGLE 2.1.0.) EGL_EXTENSIONS: EGL_EXT_create_context_robustness EGL_ANGLE_d3d_share_handle_client_buffer EGL_ANGLE_surface_d3d_texture_2d_share_handle EGL_ANGLE_query_surface_pointer EGL_ANGLE_window_fixed_size EGL_ANGLE_keyed_mutex EGL_ANGLE_surface_orientation EGL_ANGLE_direct_composition EGL_NV_post_sub_buffer EGL_KHR_create_context EGL_EXT_device_query EGL_KHR_image EGL_KHR_image_base EGL_KHR_gl_texture_2D_image EGL_KHR_gl_texture_cubemap_image EGL_KHR_gl_renderbuffer_image EGL_KHR_get_all_proc_addresses EGL_KHR_stream EGL_KHR_stream_consumer_gltexture EGL_NV_stream_consumer_gltexture_yuv EGL_ANGLE_flexible_surface_compatibility EGL_ANGLE_stream_producer_d3d_texture_nv12 EGL_EXTENSIONS(nullptr): EGL_EXT_client_extensions EGL_EXT_platform_base EGL_EXT_platform_device EGL_ANGLE_platform_angle EGL_ANGLE_platform_angle_d3d EGL_ANGLE_device_creation EGL_ANGLE_device_creation_d3d11 EGL_ANGLE_experimental_present_path EGL_KHR_client_get_all_proc_addresses
WebGL 2 Driver Renderer: Google Inc. -- ANGLE (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Direct3D11 vs_5_0 ps_5_0)
WebGL 2 Driver Version: OpenGL ES 3.0 (ANGLE 2.1.0.)
WebGL 2 Driver Extensions: GL_OES_element_index_uint GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil GL_OES_get_program_binary GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_EXT_read_format_bgra GL_NV_pixel_buffer_object GL_OES_mapbuffer GL_EXT_map_buffer_range GL_EXT_color_buffer_half_float GL_OES_texture_half_float GL_OES_texture_half_float_linear GL_OES_texture_float GL_OES_texture_float_linear GL_EXT_texture_rg GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt3 GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt5 GL_OES_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_texture GL_EXT_sRGB GL_ANGLE_depth_texture GL_OES_depth32 GL_EXT_texture_storage GL_OES_texture_npot GL_EXT_draw_buffers GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_occlusion_query_boolean GL_NV_fence GL_EXT_disjoint_timer_query GL_EXT_robustness GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_ANGLE_framebuffer_blit GL_ANGLE_framebuffer_multisample GL_ANGLE_instanced_arrays GL_ANGLE_pack_reverse_row_order GL_OES_standard_derivatives GL_EXT_shader_texture_lod GL_EXT_frag_depth GL_ANGLE_texture_usage GL_ANGLE_translated_shader_source GL_EXT_discard_framebuffer GL_EXT_debug_marker GL_OES_EGL_image GL_OES_EGL_image_external GL_OES_EGL_image_external_essl3 GL_NV_EGL_stream_consumer_external GL_EXT_unpack_subimage GL_NV_pack_subimage GL_EXT_color_buffer_float GL_OES_vertex_array_object GL_KHR_debug GL_ANGLE_lossy_etc_decode GL_CHROMIUM_bind_uniform_location GL_CHROMIUM_sync_query GL_CHROMIUM_copy_texture GL_EXT_texture_norm16
WebGL 2 Extensions: EXT_color_buffer_float EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic EXT_disjoint_timer_query MOZ_debug_get OES_texture_float_linear WEBGL_compressed_texture_etc WEBGL_compressed_texture_etc1 WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc WEBGL_debug_renderer_info WEBGL_debug_shaders WEBGL_lose_context MOZ_WEBGL_lose_context MOZ_WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc
Hardware H264 Decoding: No; Hardware video decoding disabled or blacklisted
Audio Backend: wasapi
Direct2D: true
DirectWrite: true (10.0.19041.1566)
GPU #1
Active: Yes
Description: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
Vendor ID: 0x10de
Device ID: 0x2182
Driver Version: 27.21.14.5671
Driver Date: 9-30-2020
Drivers: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispsi.inf_amd64_7504230b1e1d72e4\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispsi.inf_amd64_7504230b1e1d72e4\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispsi.inf_amd64_7504230b1e1d72e4\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispsi.inf_amd64_7504230b1e1d72e4\nvldumdx.dll C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispsi.inf_amd64_7504230b1e1d72e4\nvldumd.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispsi.inf_amd64_7504230b1e1d72e4\nvldumd.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispsi.inf_amd64_7504230b1e1d72e4\nvldumd.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispsi.inf_amd64_7504230b1e1d72e4\nvldumd.dll
Subsys ID: 00000000
RAM: 6144

Diagnostics
ClearType Parameters: Gamma: 2.2 Pixel Structure: BGR ClearType Level: 50 Enhanced Contrast: 400
AzureCanvasAccelerated: 0
AzureCanvasBackend: direct2d 1.1
AzureContentBackend: direct2d 1.1
AzureFallbackCanvasBackend: cairo
ClearType Parameters: Gamma: 2.2 Pixel Structure: BGR ClearType Level: 50 Enhanced Contrast: 400

Important Modified Preferences
------------------------------

accessibility.typeaheadfind.flashBar: 0
browser.cache.disk.capacity: 358400
browser.cache.disk.smart_size.first_run: false
browser.cache.disk.smart_size.use_old_max: false
browser.download.importedFromSqlite: true
browser.places.smartBookmarksVersion: 4
browser.startup.homepage: https://www.google.com/
browser.startup.homepage_override.buildID: 20220507145042
browser.startup.homepage_override.mstone: 5.1.0
browser.tabs.warnOnClose: false
browser.tabs.warnOnCloseOtherTabs: false
dom.max_chrome_script_run_time: 60
extensions.lastAppVersion: 31.0.0
font.internaluseonly.changed: false
general.useragent.updates.lastupdated: 1653399770278
gfx.crash-guard.d3d11layers.appVersion: 31.0.0
gfx.crash-guard.d3d11layers.deviceID: 0x2182
gfx.crash-guard.d3d11layers.driverVersion: 27.21.14.5671
gfx.crash-guard.d3d11layers.feature-d2d: true
gfx.crash-guard.d3d11layers.feature-d3d11: true
gfx.crash-guard.status.d3d11layers: 2
gfx.crash-guard.status.d3d11video: 2
gfx.crash-guard.status.d3d9video: 2
media.benchmark.vp9.fps: 342
media.benchmark.vp9.versioncheck: 3
media.hardware-video-decoding.failed: true
network.cookie.prefsMigrated: true
places.database.lastMaintenance: 1653399724
places.history.expiration.transient_current_max_pages: 106842
privacy.GPCheader.enabled: true
privacy.sanitize.migrateFx3Prefs: true
services.sync.declinedEngines:
storage.vacuum.last.index: 1
storage.vacuum.last.places.sqlite: 1650907596
ui.osk.debug.keyboardDisplayReason: IKPOS: Touch screen not found.

Important Locked Preferences
----------------------------

Places Database
---------------

JavaScript
----------

Incremental GC: true

Accessibility
-------------

Activated: false
Prevent Accessibility: 1

Library Versions