AA.com ticket payment page not working

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
cheapchem
Moongazer
Moongazer

AA.com ticket payment page not working

Unread post by cheapchem » 2024-03-15, 04:33

While parts of the American Airlines site (aa.com) work fine, at least 2 parts do not work.

One is when purchasing a plane ticket, the credit card payment part of that page will not work. On Pale Moon, there are 2 separate fields on the page for credit card security code. No matter how you fill in the security code, the site will not take it. On another browser, the same page has only one field for the security code and therefore it worked fine.

Second is the AAdvantage main page doesn't work at all, once you are logged in. It looks like some sort of dynamic fields, which on a different browser list things like miles, upcoming flights, etc. On Pale Moon, you can see there's supposed to be boxes, but they do not load.

Using PM33.0.1, 64bit on Windows.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: AA.com ticket payment page not working

Unread post by Moonchild » 2024-03-15, 07:41

include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:

Clear any current output
Navigate or refresh the page in question
Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

cheapchem
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by cheapchem » 2024-03-16, 04:56

While I love working on computers, coding beyond Fortran and Basic is not my thing, and I've never used the Developer Tools before. It's impossible to get to the airplane ticket credit card purchasing page without buying a ticket. When it doesn't work, it page goes in to a loop with the credit card error repeating. Here's the relevant errors from the AAdvantage account summary page https://www.aa.com/aadvantage-program/profile/account-summary
using the error console.

Timestamp: 3/15/2024 11:42:18 PM
Warning: The character encoding of a framed document was not declared. The document may appear different if viewed without the document framing it.
Source File: https://www.aa.com/assets/html/gdpr/sync.html
Line: 0

Timestamp: 3/15/2024 11:42:19 PM
Warning: unreachable code after return statement
Source File: https://www.aa.com/_PohRYoGEf/ibWUpZN7t ... h/UWDtoTws
Line: 1, Column: 217234
Source Code:
bv6,rZ)),bv6),nT)){Cv6++;}return Cv6;}var Og6;var ZP;var Pv;QC;}());

Warning: Empty string passed to getElementById().
Source File: https://tags.tiqcdn.com/utag/aa/main/prod/utag.js
Line: 870

Error: SyntaxError: await is a reserved identifier
Source File: https://www.aa.com/loyalty-engagement/e ... h5iZ1mu.js
Line: 85, Column: 546
Source Code:
is.exports=t):window.classNames=t}();const ss=a(ns.exports);await e("react");const os=(e,t)=>{t.cardContainer=e;const r=

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2024-03-16, 06:41

cheapchem wrote:
2024-03-16, 04:56
coding beyond Fortran and Basic is not my thing
This has nothing to do with you having to write code. After you paste the console output, highlight it with the mouse and then press the 4th button on the post composer window here that looks like </>. You can fix it by editing your initial post; there's a pencil icon on the top right side of it if you look.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

cheapchem
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by cheapchem » 2024-03-17, 04:41

Sorry, was trying to be a bit of a wise ass. I know I don't need to write code, and I don't really understand any of this (web design, the code required for pale moon to work, the developer tools, etc). Thank you for explaining how to do the code block. I couldn't find a way to edit my original post, but I think this is what you wanted.

Code: Select all

unreachable code after return statement[Learn More]  
dlRYZ0g:1:217234
Empty string passed to getElementById().  
utag.js:870:855
The character encoding of a framed document was not declared. The document may appear different if viewed without the document framing it.  
sync.html
SyntaxError: await is a reserved identifier  
bootstrap-Bh5iZ1mu.js:85:546

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2024-03-17, 10:54

I'm guessing this is because of the use of top-level "await" which was a spec change for ES2022 which we don't support yet.
See Issue #2229 (UXP)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

cheapchem
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by cheapchem » 2024-03-17, 17:49

Ok. I use PM as my main browser and hope that when I find issues that it only helps the community to point them out. Thank you, Moonchild and team, for all you do on this project.

Since so many websites refuse to use standards, I use Edge occasionally on those sites.