PMv33 checkup - re: where past website issues stand

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

PMv33 checkup - re: where past website issues stand

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2024-02-16, 23:25

As of PMv33 (progress):
1) Savemart grocery website: https://savemart.com/ - would previously lockup and/or crash - appears to work fine now. :thumbup: (most recent comments discussing this sites issues (going back to Jul 15, 2023) prior to v33: viewtopic.php?f=70&t=30044).
2) Social Security website: https://secure.ssa.gov/RIL/SiView.action - still renders blank page after getting/entering security code :(
3) CVS drugs: https://www.cvs.com/account/login - would previously fail to display images - now images do display, but the site will now randomly crash with fault module "mozjs.dll" (changed my start-page notes for site to reflect new problem and disabled this website by turning-off JS on PM to avoid PM random crashes). :problem:

Some progress.... :eh:
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: PMv33 checkup - re: where past website issues stand

Unread post by moonbat » 2024-02-17, 01:10

Pallid Planetoid wrote:
2024-02-16, 23:25
still renders blank page
For such situations where you get a blank page and nothing else, RealityRipple's HTErr extension is sometimes useful - it will change the page to say 'blank page detected' and on occasion serve up the offending javascript as well.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2024-02-17, 15:59

In this case - the add-on didn't help.

Still get the same results - a blank page (w/ no indication as to why).
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2024-02-17, 16:02

Any retired folks (getting Social Security) using Pale Moon - who can confirm the issue with the site on Pale Moon?

Login Page: https://secure.ssa.gov/RIL/SiView.action
login starts out.png
There are several steps that do work where the contact email to get a confirmation code is confirmed then a code is sent and can be entered and then a TOS agreement that leads to a blank page. Other browsers login successfully at this point.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2024-02-17, 16:21

Here are the steps I get with all browsers up until the last TOS agreement which in the case of Pale Moon a blank page is rendered.

Starts out (URL https://secure.ssa.gov/RIL/SiView.action):
login starts out.png
then step2:
login step2.png
step3:
login step3.png
step4:
login step-4.png
step5:
login step5.png
which then logs into website successfully for browsers other than Pale Moon (PM gets a blank page).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

somdcomputerguy
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by somdcomputerguy » 2024-02-17, 22:55

Pallid Planetoid wrote:
2024-02-17, 16:02
Any retired folks (getting Social Security) using Pale Moon - who can confirm the issue with the site on Pale Moon?

There are several steps that do work where the contact email to get a confirmation code is confirmed then a code is sent and can be entered and then a TOS agreement that leads to a blank page. Other browsers login successfully at this point.
I haven't retired, yet, but I do log into that site almost daily to check on my SSI application status. With Pale Moon I get the same thing (the after TOS thing), so I just use the Vivaldi browser for this.
:cool: -bruce /* somdcomputerguy.com */
'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2024-02-18, 00:29

Yea, I use the Vivaldi browser for the SS site as well. I have finally returned to using Pale Moon (PM) as my default browser (after a 3 month hiatus w/ Vivaldi as default) in as much as Save Mart now works with Pale Moon again :clap: - I had gotten tired of switching my default browser from PM to Vivaldi and back again so that my Save Mart email links would work correctly using Vivaldi as the default when I clicked on Save Mart email links. Now with Save Mart working again with Pale Moon, I don't have to switch to Vivaldi and back to PM, I can now finally leave my default browser at PM again thankfully.

Thanks for confirming the SS site issue with Pale Moon. :thumbup:

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2024-02-18, 00:37

The SS thing is actually a Goanna engine issue (fails to work on Basilisk as well).

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2024-02-18, 12:31

Hmm, the more we use Pale Moon again - the more we find the same sites that are still not rendering correctly (unfortunately).

PM fails to render correctly:
PIC-1 PM fails to render page correctly.png
Vivaldi does render correctly:
PIC-2 Vivaldi does render correctly.png
Edit: i recall this has been an ongoing issue for some time.

somdcomputerguy
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by somdcomputerguy » 2024-02-18, 13:58

Pallid Planetoid wrote:
2024-02-18, 12:31
Hmm, the more we use Pale Moon again - the more we find the same sites that are still not rendering correctly (unfortunately).
Pale Moon is my primary browser. My secondaries are (in no particular order) Vivaldi, Floorp, Mercury, DDG, and SeaMonkey. There's a couple sites in particular, facebook and SSA, that I will defaultly use a secondary browser to access. Pretty much, if it doesn't work in PM, it comes to reside in my DNR (Do Not Re-visit) list.
:cool: -bruce /* somdcomputerguy.com */
'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'