Can anyone help out that uses start.me Topic is solved

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Can anyone help out that uses start.me

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2024-01-30, 17:05

I had this issue occur one other time (in Pale Moon - the issue has been the last time and this time unique to Pale Moon).
dotted underlines for links in a specific widget.png
What I get is lines of little dots under every link in the Widget.

The last time this occurred had to do with Bookmarks and by removing a recently added bookmark and then adding it back again solved the issue in that case.

This time it is not about "Bookmarks" (which might make more sense) - but instead this time it is "feed" links in a "News Feed" Widget.

There's no way to remove "news feed" links - so I have been waiting over months hoping that at some point if there is an issue with a "news feed" link that the "offending" news link would drop-off as the feeds become increasingly "old" and no longer display - but the issue continues to persist.

So anyone who uses Start.me - have any idea how to fix this issue?
Off-topic:
I haven't wanted to open a start.me ticket because the start.me folks keep releasing updates that I have no interest in at all - but the updates very often end up negatively impacting what I do want to work so much of the time (due to the unforeseen, unintended, consequences of their updates). Something I've been complaining about with start.me for some time (suggesting that when they make changes that can impact what works to make the new updated features optional for users - to help in keeping what formerly works intact - which falls on deaf ears unfortunately) - so I'm reluctant to bring this up with them, at least at this time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Can anyone help out that uses start.me

Unread post by moonbat » 2024-02-06, 23:55

Do you get a tooltip when you mouseover these links? If you're using PureURL, it underlines URLs that have been processed. You can enable logging in the extension, refresh start.me and search the console for messages prefixed with [PureURL:] to see if it fixed any links. Or even just the tooltip on the toolbar button, if you have kept that.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2024-02-07, 16:30

Many thanks for leading me in the right direction: Changing the "Fix links on pages" optional setting from 'Dynamic' to 'Static' fixed it.
changing 'Fix links on page' from 'Dyanamic' to 'Static' fixed it.png
So I now have the following:
So I now have.png
Sort of odd that only one (out of a total of 36) News Feed Widgets had this issue.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2024-02-08, 08:51

Pallid Planetoid wrote:
2024-02-07, 16:30
Changing the "Fix links on pages" optional setting from 'Dynamic' to 'Static' fixed it.
Be aware however that this setting is not site specific, it will apply to all sites and may end up not working on the javascript heavy majority. Though you can always set it back once you're done with the site; I duplicated the extension settings in the toolbar button (except for the garbage fields list) for this very reason :)
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX