arstechnica.com & Palemoon 33

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
mmouse
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

arstechnica.com & Palemoon 33

Unread post by mmouse » 2024-01-30, 12:39

Hello

sorry but I can't resist to post that for the first time since ages, I have gone to this #@! site with Palemoon Linux and it has not HANGED the browser and more than half hanged X Window.
I could even read the article and close the tab without issue. Going back to it in disbelief, read another article, switched to a video and could see it. Great job. Cheers for 33.0 !

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: arstechnica.com & Palemoon 33

Unread post by therube » 2024-01-30, 17:07

Off-topic:
In that regard, I'll note that I did take a look at 33.0.0b1, & it seemed decidedly "heavy".
Page loading, scrolling, just seem "off".

With 33.0.0 release, that feeling is gone.

mmouse
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by mmouse » 2024-04-17, 22:50

Hello

Sadly, I have to take back what I wrote. Either this darn site has changed something, or I just stumbled on pages that were not exhibiting the problem. Now that I think of it, I think that when the hang happens, there is a small video autoplaying in the top right corner of the screen. I will have to investigate to see if it's possible to disable autoplaying of videos for a particular site.

gepus
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gepus » 2024-04-18, 06:57

No problem with arstechnica.com and Pale Moon 33.0.2 64-bit (Win7).