honeycomb.co spins forever at checkout

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
Garland
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

honeycomb.co spins forever at checkout

Unread post by Garland » 2023-11-03, 20:24

Reproduce quickly by going to this page: https://www.honeycomb.co/gift-card
Choose any gift card amount, click the ADD TO CART button, click the CHECKOUT button.
The cursor turns into a spinning wheel that spins forever. The Pale Moon process uses 2 threads until I close the browser (high CPU).

I am using Pale Moon 32.5.0 on 64-bit Windows 8.1. I tried 3 SSUAs so far, with no improvement.

Developer Tools Web Console, cleared after clicking on the ADD TO CART button:

Code: Select all

Content Security Policy: couldn't process unknown directive 'report-to'
Note that the CHECKOUT button is hidden if the Web Console is docked on the bottom, and not hidden if docked on the side.

It is very important to my wife to purchase from this site. Can't place the order by phone. Unique products, so she can't find them elsewhere.

If forum members don't come up with a solution with Pale Moon, then I would like to know which browsers succeed on this site with Windows 8.1 or older. Too bad that Firefox ended support for Windows 8.1 in January 2023. I dread having to learn a new web browser just for shopping sites, with all the security and privacy problems/deceptions. If I must go to the dark side with the Google Chrome genre, I hope someone will let me know if ungoogled-chromium works on this site. I read that ungoogled-chromium requires a significant time investment to learn how to make shopping sites work.

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: honeycomb.co spins forever at checkout

Unread post by ron_1 » 2023-11-03, 23:53

Garland wrote:
2023-11-03, 20:24
If I must go to the dark side with the Google Chrome genre, I hope someone will let me know if ungoogled-chromium works on this site. I read that ungoogled-chromium requires a significant time investment to learn how to make shopping sites work.
I use Chromium as my secondary browser for sites that don't work well or at all with Pale Moon. I think that what you read is a bunch of hog-wash. I've never heard that before.

Galaxy
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Galaxy » 2023-11-04, 01:54

Garland wrote:
Too bad that Firefox ended support for Windows 8.1 in January 2023.
You can still use Firefox ESR. The latest version is 115.4.0 ESR. Mozilla will provide support for Firefox ESR until September 2024 per https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/fi ... ed-support
Garland wrote:
I hope someone will let me know if ungoogled-chromium works on this site.
Ungoogled-chromium works for this site. However, Chrome has ended support for Windows 8.1 per https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/185534985/

Garland
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by Garland » 2023-11-04, 03:56

ron_1 wrote:
2023-11-03, 23:53
I use Chromium as my secondary browser for sites that don't work well or at all with Pale Moon. I think that what you read is a bunch of hog-wash. I've never heard that before.
Good to know what works in general for shopping sites.

Thank you Galaxy for testing my site with ungoogled-chromium. I didn't know about Google's end of support.
Galaxy wrote:
2023-11-04, 01:54
You can still use Firefox ESR. The latest version is 115.4.0 ESR. Mozilla will provide support for Firefox ESR until September 2024
I didn't know about that. Thanks for the heads up. I am very familiar with Firefox ESR 52.9.0 (the last with XUL extensions). Can I install 64-bit Firefox ESR 115.4.0 on the same PC with 32-bit Firefox ESR 52.9.0 (and still use either one)?

Could someone please test if Firefox ESR 115.4.0 works on honeycomb.co? No need to spend money to test, just see if the Checkout page displays correctly.

Garland
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by Garland » 2023-11-05, 03:14

It is possible to have installed 32-bit and 64-bit Firefox at the same time: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1170758
However, more research showed me that Firefox is one of the least compatible with web sites among the mainstream browsers:
https://www.pcmag.com/picks/chrome-edge ... er-is-best

So for shopping sites created by inexperienced or lazy web designers, Chromium or ungoogled-chromium looks like my best bet for compatibility. With Windows 8.1, I am stuck at version 109.

Could someone let me know if ungoogled-chromium 109 works on honeycomb.co?

Galaxy
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Galaxy » 2023-11-05, 19:32

This site works with Firefox 115.4.0 ESR. Clicking on Checkout brings up the Express Checkout page.

I would advise against using ungoogled-chromium v109 to access the internet.

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2023-11-05, 20:20

Galaxy wrote:
2023-11-05, 19:32
I would advise against using ungoogled-chromium v109 to access the internet.
I would also. But he is also using an OS that has been out of date for almost a year now (and to make purchases at that :? ).