Issue Loading The Full Page

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
JocelynAnn
New to the forum
New to the forum

Issue Loading The Full Page

Unread post by JocelynAnn » 2023-06-07, 13:54

Hello,
I've got a bit of an issue that's been bugging me. Whenever I visit this website, the main page looks good, but when I click on an article or category. The loading process just gets stuck halfway, and no matter how hard I try, the page never fully loads.

I have this hunch that Google AdSense might be causing the trouble, but I can't say for sure. It could also be some browser glitch or some other unknown gremlin messing with things. Honestly, I'm at a loss here. Has anyone else encountered a similar problem where the main page loads fine, but the article or category pages get stuck and fail to load completely?

If you're up for it, give www.learnaboutcat.com/ a shot and see if you run into the same issue. I'm in a real hurry to get this sorted, so any help would be immensely appreciated. Thanks a ton in advance.

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Issue Loading The Full Page

Unread post by therube » 2023-06-07, 19:51

That site NEEDS an ad blocker.
Put one in & see if the pages do not respond better.

https://learnaboutcat.com/my-cat-ate-my-garlic-bread/

https://addons.palemoon.org/search/?terms=ad+block

andyprough
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by andyprough » 2023-06-07, 20:02

therube wrote:
2023-06-07, 19:51
That site NEEDS an ad blocker.
Put one in & see if the pages do not respond better.
Yup, loads fine for me with eMatrix with ad blocking enabled.

Also eMatrix is blocking a domain on that page called ezodn. About this, accessify.com says,
"We analyzed Ezodn[dot]com page load time and found that the first response time was 268 ms and then it took 8.6 sec to load all DOM resources and completely render a web page. This is a poor result, as 85% of websites can load faster."
So it could be the ezodn domain that's slowing it down.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2023-06-07, 20:21

seems like the "ez*" stuff is the website builder they used. Probably best to just use a different builder.

Oh and a pro tip: reduce the number of ads by at least 75%. you'll never retain visitors the way it's set up with in your face ads all over.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2023-06-07, 22:03

Site works for me without any problems using at this time 64 bit linux Pale Moon 32.2.0 running in 64 bit linux Mint 21.1 (Vera) Xfce with uBlock Origin 1.16.4.30 enabled for the site.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

van p
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by van p » 2023-06-08, 05:34

If the site you're talking about is https://www.thefullpage.com/, I don't see what the problem is. The home page opens and fully loads almost immediately, as do the individual article pages. I have no ad blocker.
Windows 10 Pro x64 v22H2 8GB i5-4570|Pale Moon v33.0.1 x64

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2023-06-08, 07:14

van p wrote:
2023-06-08, 05:34
If the site you're talking about is https://www.thefullpage.com/,
It's not. Read the original post again carefully.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2023-06-08, 08:37

There is also a reasonable chance that this was an SEO post by the OP (hence me removing automatic link creation of the URL) to try and drive traffic/search engines to the content, and not actually a request for help.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

van p
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by van p » 2023-06-08, 13:48

moonbat wrote:
2023-06-08, 07:14
van p wrote:
2023-06-08, 05:34
If the site you're talking about is https://www.thefullpage.com/,
It's not. Read the original post again carefully.
All right, then . . . .

I get the same results as the OP. The articles farther down the home page load faster. Clicking the 'back' arrow to get back to the previous page also takes a long time. Clicking the 'X' in the address line to stop the process, then clicking the 'back' arrow again, seems to speed up the process.
Windows 10 Pro x64 v22H2 8GB i5-4570|Pale Moon v33.0.1 x64

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2023-06-08, 14:27

loading slowly is not the same as never fully loading.
Yes the site is being bogged down with a ton of scripts and ads. I don't see an issue with that the site would not be completely loading, though. It all loads, it just takes its time.

Kris_88
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Kris_88 » 2023-06-08, 17:25

I like cats ... :D
This is probably why the site is loaded quickly, without any problems for me. And even without advertising. 8-)

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2023-06-09, 02:20

In general, using an adblocker will save your browser from tons of useless crap that only contributes to memory leaks and slowness over and above improving website aesthetics & usability.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX