pagespeed.web.dev not running analysis

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
darkarts
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

pagespeed.web.dev not running analysis

Unread post by darkarts » 2023-05-12, 08:57

I probably last used PageSpeed Insights in PaleMoon a few weeks ago when it behaved perfectly. Having gone to use it again today the analysis appears not to run and the console has errors (including a dire-looking warning).

To reproduce, visit https://pagespeed.web.dev/analysis?url=http://www.palemoon.org/ you will see the "Running analysis" message but nothing more after that.

Console output is:

Code: Select all

Content Security Policy: Couldn't parse invalid host 'report-sample'  
(unknown)
Content Security Policy: Ignoring "'unsafe-inline'" within script-src or style-src: nonce-source or hash-source specified  
(unknown)
Content Security Policy: Couldn't process unknown directive 'require-trusted-types-for'  
(unknown)
WARNING!  
m=_b,_tp,_r:271:250
Using this console may allow attackers to impersonate you and steal your information using an attack called Self-XSS.
Do not enter or paste code that you do not understand.  
m=_b,_tp,_r:271:250
Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at https://www.gstatic.com/_/mss/boq-chrome-wdi-lightbrary/_/js/k=boq-chrome-wdi-lightbrary.PagespeedUi.en_US.eY63gycyd_s.es5.O/ck=boq-chrome-wdi-lightbrary.PagespeedUi.506FCKbCoBU.L.X.O/am=wDkLIAQ/d=1/exm=_b,_r,_tp/excm=_b,_r,_tp,analysisview/ed=1/wt=2/ujg=1/rs=AJ3lrY4lPRj9lgw99sxYa6HoXzjKrKw_mg/ee=EVNhjf:pw70Gc;EmZ2Bf:zr1jrb;Erl4fe:FloWmf;JsbNhc:Xd8iUd;LBgRLc:SdcwHb;Me32dd:MEeYgc;NPKaK:SdcwHb;NSEoX:lazG7b;Oj465e:KG2eXe;Pjplud:EEDORb;QGR0gd:Mlhmy;SNUn3:ZwDk9d;a56pNe:JEfCwb;cEt90b:ws9Tlc;dIoSBb:SpsfSb;eBAeSb:zbML3c;iFQyKf:QIhFr;io8t5d:yDVVkb;kMFpHd:OTA3Ae;nAFL3:s39S4;oGtAuc:sOXFj;pXdRYb:MdUzUe;qddgKe:xQtZb;sP4Vbe:VwDzFe;uY49fb:COQbmf;ul9GGd:VDovNc;wR5FRb:O1Gjze;xqZiqf:BBI74;yEQyxe:h9EUVb;yxTchf:KUM7Z;zxnPse:GkRiKb/m=ws9Tlc,n73qwf,GkRiKb,e5qFLc,IZT63,UUJqVe,O1Gjze,byfTOb,lsjVmc,xUdipf,OTA3Ae,COQbmf,fKUV3e,aurFic,U0aPgd,ZwDk9d,V3dDOb,p8L0ob,rCcCxc,sJmisf,O6y8ed,mzzZzc,PrPYRd,MpJwZc,LEikZe,NwH0H,OmgaI,h9EUVb,XVMNvd,L1AAkb,KUM7Z,Mlhmy,s39S4,lwddkf,gychg,w9hDv,EEDORb,RMhBfe,SdcwHb,aW3pY,pw70Gc,EFQ78c,Ulmmrd,ZfAoz,Ru0Pgb,xQtZb,gJzDyc,JNoxi,kWgXee,BVgquf,QIhFr,ovKuLd,yDVVkb,hc6Ubd,SpsfSb,KG2eXe,Z5uLle,BBI74,VwDzFe,MdUzUe,A7fCU,zbML3c,zr1jrb,KxWcud,nVrc2c,Uas9Hd,iHYER,pjICDe. (Reason: CORS header 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' missing).  
(unknown)
Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at https://www.gstatic.com/_/mss/boq-chrome-wdi-lightbrary/_/js/k=boq-chrome-wdi-lightbrary.PagespeedUi.en_US.eY63gycyd_s.es5.O/ck=boq-chrome-wdi-lightbrary.PagespeedUi.506FCKbCoBU.L.X.O/am=wDkLIAQ/d=1/exm=A7fCU,BBI74,BVgquf,COQbmf,EEDORb,EFQ78c,GkRiKb,IZT63,JNoxi,KG2eXe,KUM7Z,KxWcud,L1AAkb,LEikZe,MdUzUe,Mlhmy,MpJwZc,NwH0H,O1Gjze,O6y8ed,OTA3Ae,OmgaI,PrPYRd,QIhFr,RMhBfe,Ru0Pgb,SdcwHb,SpsfSb,U0aPgd,UUJqVe,Uas9Hd,Ulmmrd,V3dDOb,VwDzFe,XVMNvd,Z5uLle,ZfAoz,ZwDk9d,_b,_r,_tp,aW3pY,aurFic,byfTOb,e5qFLc,fKUV3e,gJzDyc,gychg,h9EUVb,hc6Ubd,iHYER,kWgXee,lsjVmc,lwddkf,mzzZzc,n73qwf,nVrc2c,ovKuLd,p8L0ob,pjICDe,pw70Gc,rCcCxc,s39S4,sJmisf,w9hDv,ws9Tlc,xQtZb,xUdipf,yDVVkb,zbML3c,zr1jrb/excm=_b,_r,_tp,analysisview/ed=1/wt=2/ujg=1/rs=AJ3lrY4lPRj9lgw99sxYa6HoXzjKrKw_mg/ee=EVNhjf:pw70Gc;EmZ2Bf:zr1jrb;Erl4fe:FloWmf;JsbNhc:Xd8iUd;LBgRLc:SdcwHb;Me32dd:MEeYgc;NPKaK:SdcwHb;NSEoX:lazG7b;Oj465e:KG2eXe;Pjplud:EEDORb;QGR0gd:Mlhmy;SNUn3:ZwDk9d;a56pNe:JEfCwb;cEt90b:ws9Tlc;dIoSBb:SpsfSb;eBAeSb:zbML3c;iFQyKf:QIhFr;io8t5d:yDVVkb;kMFpHd:OTA3Ae;nAFL3:s39S4;oGtAuc:sOXFj;pXdRYb:MdUzUe;qddgKe:xQtZb;sP4Vbe:VwDzFe;uY49fb:COQbmf;ul9GGd:VDovNc;wR5FRb:O1Gjze;xqZiqf:BBI74;yEQyxe:h9EUVb;yxTchf:KUM7Z;zxnPse:GkRiKb/m=CHCSlb,i5dxUd,m9oV,RAnnUd,fmklff,UMu52b,uu7UOe,QqJ8Gd,soHxf,nKuFpb,JIOGxd. (Reason: CORS header 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' missing).  
(unknown)
Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at https://www.gstatic.com/_/mss/boq-chrome-wdi-lightbrary/_/js/k=boq-chrome-wdi-lightbrary.PagespeedUi.en_US.eY63gycyd_s.es5.O/ck=boq-chrome-wdi-lightbrary.PagespeedUi.506FCKbCoBU.L.X.O/am=wDkLIAQ/d=1/exm=A7fCU,BBI74,BVgquf,CHCSlb,COQbmf,EEDORb,EFQ78c,GkRiKb,IZT63,JIOGxd,JNoxi,KG2eXe,KUM7Z,KxWcud,L1AAkb,LEikZe,MdUzUe,Mlhmy,MpJwZc,NwH0H,O1Gjze,O6y8ed,OTA3Ae,OmgaI,PrPYRd,QIhFr,QqJ8Gd,RAnnUd,RMhBfe,Ru0Pgb,SdcwHb,SpsfSb,U0aPgd,UMu52b,UUJqVe,Uas9Hd,Ulmmrd,V3dDOb,VwDzFe,XVMNvd,Z5uLle,ZfAoz,ZwDk9d,_b,_r,_tp,aW3pY,aurFic,byfTOb,e5qFLc,fKUV3e,fmklff,gJzDyc,gychg,h9EUVb,hc6Ubd,i5dxUd,iHYER,kWgXee,lsjVmc,lwddkf,m9oV,mzzZzc,n73qwf,nKuFpb,nVrc2c,ovKuLd,p8L0ob,pjICDe,pw70Gc,rCcCxc,s39S4,sJmisf,soHxf,uu7UOe,w9hDv,ws9Tlc,xQtZb,xUdipf,yDVVkb,zbML3c,zr1jrb/excm=_b,_r,_tp,analysisview/ed=1/wt=2/ujg=1/rs=AJ3lrY4lPRj9lgw99sxYa6HoXzjKrKw_mg/ee=EVNhjf:pw70Gc;EmZ2Bf:zr1jrb;Erl4fe:FloWmf;JsbNhc:Xd8iUd;LBgRLc:SdcwHb;Me32dd:MEeYgc;NPKaK:SdcwHb;NSEoX:lazG7b;Oj465e:KG2eXe;Pjplud:EEDORb;QGR0gd:Mlhmy;SNUn3:ZwDk9d;a56pNe:JEfCwb;cEt90b:ws9Tlc;dIoSBb:SpsfSb;eBAeSb:zbML3c;iFQyKf:QIhFr;io8t5d:yDVVkb;kMFpHd:OTA3Ae;nAFL3:s39S4;oGtAuc:sOXFj;pXdRYb:MdUzUe;qddgKe:xQtZb;sP4Vbe:VwDzFe;uY49fb:COQbmf;ul9GGd:VDovNc;wR5FRb:O1Gjze;xqZiqf:BBI74;yEQyxe:h9EUVb;yxTchf:KUM7Z;zxnPse:GkRiKb/m=Wt6vjf,hhhU8,FCpbqb,WhJNk. (Reason: CORS header 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' missing).  
(unknown)
(The "WARNING!" section is in large font with that one word in red on a yellow background - this seems new. Is it always there?)

The same URL in Firefox works fine (ie. the analysis runs).

PaleMoon 32.1.1 (64-bit) on Linux
https://ukwhois.uk/ for all your UK domain lookup needs.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: pagespeed.web.dev not running analysis

Unread post by Moonchild » 2023-05-12, 10:06

I don't think you can reasonably expect a Google web dev service to target anything but Chrome as a web client.
Since they don't throw any console errors (probably silenced) aside the from the on-page "LHR failed to render" (whatever LHR is), there's really not much to be done in terms of understanding why.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

darkarts
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by darkarts » 2023-05-12, 12:38

Thanks. Totally agree about Google targetting Chrome, just wanted to flag this up as it had worked previously in PaleMoon and still does in Firefox - although of course Google could change that at the drop of a hat.

Sajadi
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Sajadi » 2023-05-12, 13:16

Moonchild wrote:
2023-05-12, 10:06
Since they don't throw any console errors (probably silenced) aside the from the on-page "LHR failed to render" (whatever LHR is), there's really not much to be done in terms of understanding why.
https://github.com/GoogleChrome/lighthouse/issues/14954

Could be pointing to Lighthouse report - This Github post also mentions the pagespeed.web.dev
darkarts wrote:
2023-05-12, 12:38
just wanted to flag this up as it had worked previously in PaleMoon and still does in Firefox - although of course Google could change that at the drop of a hat.
I would say a good idea would be to open a bug report on that section
https://github.com/GoogleChrome/lighthouse/issues/

and asking what is required ECMAScript wise to make the page run on Pale Moon and post the information which have been given to you into here :wave:

darkarts
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by darkarts » 2023-05-17, 16:35

The reply from the lighthouse devs is that the CORS blocks in the log snippet above shouldn't be blocked. :think:
So these are the 3 JS files that form the basis of the webapp.
I checked and they are included via regular old script tags.

From a web platform perspective I don't understand why your browser is doing CORS checks on them. an external script tag is not beholden to SOP and doesn't need an ACAO header.
I don't claim to be a CSP expert but that sounds a bit dodgy to me. Anyway, that's their opinion and they are sticking to it.

If you think they might be right then it's something to look at. Otherwise just ignore and I'll continue to use some other browser for their site.

Thanks.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2023-05-17, 18:00

I don't see any CORS messages prior to LHR failing. After that, there are some CORS messages about play.google.com/log that doesn't seem to be related to LHR. (no mention of LHR names and the blocking occurs on XHR requests which is correct). So... I don't see why it fails other than some internal (silenced) error that doesn't show up in the web console.

Also, for the record, CSP and CORS/SOP are two different things.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite