More problems with Chase.com Topic is solved

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

More problems with Chase.com

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2023-04-28, 17:05

Login URL: https://secure05ea.chase.com/web/auth/dashboard#/dashboard/overviewAccounts/overview/index.

This is another issue (not the same as the resolved issue currently on the board). Since the other issue was in fact resolved with a "work-around" and is an entirely different issue than this issue that includes my contact with Chase Technical Support I assume it is best to start this new topic.

I will say that I was impressed by the amount of time the Tech person spent on attempting to resolve the issue specific to Pale Moon. When the browser used was brought up I assumed (and said as much) that the conversation would be over, but to my surprise - not at all the Tech person continued to attempt to find a solution specific to Pale Moon which I appreciated very much. So would say (having been my first contact with their Tech support) that Chase has exhibited a willingness to go beyond what is generally the case regarding issues with their website (using "unsupported" browsers).

The issue is the following:
I am able to login using my login on Pale Moon w/out any problems.
My wife (as of today) is NOT able to login using her login successfully on Pale Moon (details below).

This issue was tested w/ and w/out safe-mode - all cookies for the site and browser cache cleared and rebooted the computer as well.

There are no errors in the Error Console

Testing w/out safe-mode produces this result (error dialog from Chase) using my wife's Chase profile:
W/out using Safe-Mode this occurs only for my wife's Chase Profile and only on Pale Moon (other browser are not an issue). My Chase Profile works fine on Pale Moon.
W/out using Safe-Mode this occurs only for my wife's Chase Profile and only on Pale Moon (other browser are not an issue). My Chase Profile works fine on Pale Moon.
Testing w/ safe-mode produces this result (login persistently hangs) using my wife's Chase profile:
Login fails to work using safe-mode
Login fails to work using safe-mode
Upon speaking with Chase the Technical support person spent a lot of time working with this to see if a resolution to the problem could be reached actually using Pale Moon (looking into the Pale Moon browser) and continued to maintain the approach to do whatever could be done to solve the issue.

After doing some lengthy testing my wife's Chase Bank profile was ultimately deleted (after all other attempts to resolve the issue failed) - however the issue remains even with a new profile.

This issue specific to only my wife's login has a problem only on Pale Moon - other browsers tested all worked w/out any issues.

The conclusion of the Tech person w/ Chase is that the specific "Firewall that Pale Moon uses" would be the cause of the issue based on the following:
1) Login works for me on Pale Moon and all other browsers tested.
2) Login fails to work only on Pale Moon for just my wife's Chase Profile but does work on all other browsers tested.
3) Deleting Chase Profile for my wife's account did not resolve the issue.

So with that, I was told to check with support for Pale Moon to determine what the problem might be specific to the unique login issue for my wife's account with Chase.

There you have it.... I realize this cannot be tested by anyone else - I find it very odd that only one specific (login) profile fails to work on only Pale Moon. My own personal deduction with a problem as such would have to conclude that there is some unique issue involving the Pale Moon browser based on the following:
1) issue is unique to Pale Moon (other browsers have no problem)
2) issue is unique to a specific Chase profile (other profiles have no problem)
Conclusion: the combination of Pale Moon and a specific Chase profile produces the issues discussed above = Pale Moon blocking the specific Chase Profile (essentially the conclusion of Chase Tech).
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

BenFenner
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: More problems with Chase.com

Unread post by BenFenner » 2023-04-28, 18:02

Without knowing more, it sounds like classic (bullshit) A/B testing.

A/B testing wouldn't be nearly so awful if web apps published a version number somewhere!
(I do so in my web app's footer.)

TechnoMage
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by TechnoMage » 2023-05-01, 01:11

This seems like the same problem that I had for a long time. Adoxa solved it!
https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=29704&p=238727&hilit=chase.com#p238694
Install the "Modify HTTP Response" https://github.com/JustOff/modify-http-response extension and apply the filter(s):

Code: Select all

[["static.chasecdn.com",["/\\/web\\/library\\/.*\\/433\\./",["subject$;",""]]]]

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2023-05-01, 02:45

^ See HERE in the other topic (you've linked to).

As you can see (I'm already using the solution your posting here in this topic above) --- that is, I've applied this solution to Pale Moon already - that's because I'm the OP of the other topic that Adoxa solved - and appropriately marked that topic solved thankfully. So since I'm already using the "Modify HTTP Response" add-on that is already using the code posted by Adoxa (in the other topic) it would appear that resolution does to apply to this specific issue at hand. Besides the other topic was a different kind of login problem - the issue in this topic is producing an "error" message generated by Chase (unique to one specific user when using Pale Moon) - in the other topic the login failed to render (for all users) on Pale Moon w/out any dialog back from Chase in regards to the problem.

Thanks for the feedback though ;)

My wife is resigned to using other browsers once again (just when I was starting to convince her to start using Pale Moon more again.... :()
Last edited by Pallid Planetoid on 2023-05-01, 03:37, edited 1 time in total.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2023-05-01, 03:17

Tried her login again - same problem remains persistent.

A message from Chase that says "Important We’re having trouble showing this page right now. Please try again later." (in red letters at the top of the "Accounts" webpage for Chase) that is otherwise a blank page below all of the navigation bars that all render as expected and other wise work properly).

This error only occurs for her specific login and only on the Pale Moon browser (her login works on all other browser and my login does as well including Pale Moon).

What is equally strange is that other parts of the website all work fine w/out any issues at all - the only issue is on the "Accounts" (default login) page. I'm able to navigate to all other parts of the website successfully - but if I navigate back to the "Accounts" page I get the same error once again. And of course equally strange the issue only applies to her login (profile) and only on Pale Moon. I even get the login time-out dialog warning that I can also successfully respond to - it's simply one issue -- utilizing the "Accounts" link to display the accounts information produces the error referenced above only on Pale Moon (tried another browser again - no problem) - otherwise the website functions normally in all respects on Pale Moon (as I can navigate to any other parts of the website w/out any issues including accessing "profile settings").

TechnoMage
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by TechnoMage » 2023-05-01, 14:14

I'm sorry that it is still not working for your wife. I had the reverse situation: my profile would hang and my wife's would not. But, Adoxa's solution worked for me/us. Apologies if I misread your situation.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2023-05-01, 14:24

TechnoMage wrote:
2023-05-01, 14:14
I'm sorry that it is still not working for your wife. I had the reverse situation: my profile would hang and my wife's would not. But, Adoxa's solution worked for me/us. Apologies if I misread your situation.
My point is that the problem you were having before applying the "Adoxa solution" was that it fixed your "hang" issue - just as it did mine as discussed in the other topic (that is the login would hang or more precisely would not render at all until the "Adoxa solution" was applied). That is different than the problem described in this topic which is that the website will login and works in every way (so there is not a login "hang" in this topic as discussed in the other topic) except that the "Accounts" page produces an error from Chase and thus (only) that part of the website will not display.

To be clear - your login "hang" problem that was resolved by "Adoxa's solution" was just that, a login "hang" problem. So your problem was not the issue discussed in this topic - right?

If the answer to the question above is the affirmative then "Adoxa's solution" did not actually work for you in regards to the issue in this topic --- simply because the issue your discussing is not this topics issue ----- is mostly my point (and that the "Adoxa's solution" does not solve the issue for this topic). ;)

Edit: that said, the fact that your login would hang but your wife's would not is an interesting different wrinkle in as much as my impression was that the other topics "hang" problem applies to all users specific to Pale Moon. When the website worked for your wife (did not have the login hang) - was your wife using Pale Moon? (I'm thinking possibly your wife was using a different browser and if you disabled the "Adoxa's solution" extension and she were to attempt to login to Chase using Pale Moon that the login would then hang, just as your login did).

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2023-05-16, 10:31

This recent (unique) topic issue is now resolved :clap: thanks to Pale Moon v32.2 :thumbup: