Problem with trenitalia.com

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
Lucio Chiappetti
Astronaut
Astronaut

Problem with trenitalia.com

Unread post by Lucio Chiappetti » 2023-03-10, 20:53

Unfortunately I cannot post any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console for (I presume obvious) reasons, so this is not a request for support but more a notice that Pale Moon may not work with trenitalia.com.

Yesterday I wanted to book a train ticket from trenitalia.com (being logged in with my Cartafreccia account). As usual for online payment I wanted to use a virtual credit card for payment (but I do not think that was the problem). The transaction goes like this: first login, then search timetable, then choose train and fare, then optionally choose seat, then select payment method and enter credit card info ... at this point trenitalia dispatches the request to a third party payment manager, which requires an OTP sent by SMS, and a bank PIN, this confirms the transaction and should return to the trenitalia site (which dispays the ticket PNR and allows to download/print the ticket).

I tried a first transaction with a one-shoot virtual card, and the last step (return to trenitalia) failed with a "session expired". I verified on my bank site that the payment was recorded. I blocked the virtual card, with the idea to make a claim, and decided to try with a "duration" virtual card. In the meanwhile the bank signalled a refund for undue payment. I tried a second transaction with the "duration" virtual card with the same "session expired" error.

This morning I verified that also the second attempt had been refunded, so I tried with another "duration" virtual card ... using chrome. This time the transaction was OK (the only snag was that in the hurry of the test I forgot to choose the seat so I was assigned a random one :D).

If anybody would need to make a real transaction, be warned (and perhaps try to monitor the error console).
I do not feel to make a "dry run with possible refund" just for the sake of test.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. (G.B. Shaw)