Paypal.de -> American Express "Safe Key"

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
JoeyG
Astronaut
Astronaut
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Paypal.de -> American Express "Safe Key"

Unread post by JoeyG » 2023-02-06, 00:15

Please excuse me for not providing any detailed information, but this problem only occurs after I've logged into the website from which I want to purchase something (e.g. EBay.de), PayPal, and American Express, so I'm skittish about which information I hand over. I will, however, describe the issue as clearly as I can.

Here's a typical scenario: I want to buy something on EBay and pay with PayPal, which is linked to my American Express card.

1. I select what I want to buy and then log in to EBay to complete the purchase. This is no problem.
2. I choose to pay with PayPal and log in to complete the payment. This is also no problem.
3. I click "Pay". A window pops open and says something like "connecting to American Express Safe Key", and I have to log in to American Express. This is also OK.
4. Here is where the issue starts: Another window then opens and says "Your bank is asking for additional security information". Please enter the security code sent to you via text message and email.

I actually receive the code, but the field in which I'm supposed to enter it isn't visible.

That's the end. I can't go backward or forward.

Has anyone else experienced this problem with Pale Moon and American Express Safe Key?

Thank you.
"And you can believe me because I never lie - and I'm always right."
(Asserted by George Leroy Tirebiter* and my wife; only the latter is telling the truth.)
*Firesign Theater version