Discourse forums no longer allowing me to log in Topic is solved

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
frostknight
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Discourse forums no longer allowing me to log in

Unread post by frostknight » 2023-03-31, 17:30

Currently using an unbranded palemoon browser:

Cannot log in, or see the screen correctly https://community.mnt.re

Thus, its probably wise to mention, that some websites using discourse are still problems.

I would very much like to block that "browsehappy.com" bs

Because the creators of discourse wouldn't needed to make that service even for their own reasons, if they would have just deleted the javascript idea.

Aka, javascript is non-essential as an idea, except by huge corporations.

Meh... what can you do tho.

Feel free to see what I mean there.
If it isn't broken, don't fix, unless you are a corporation, because that's the only way you can make money to the point where you can dominate the world in a megalomaniac sociopathic way that no one really wants that also heavily destroys the environment via data collection and wasting water

SMH...

If you believe Jesus is your savior, don't support any fascists, otherwise you are deceiving yourself.

I however, do believe in him. Don't let your pride blind you, lest you wish to be greatly humbled unexpectedly, as this will hurt on an agonizing scale

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2023-03-31, 18:15

It works normally here, with the fixes already described in this thread.
frostknight wrote:
2023-03-31, 17:30
That could be causing your problem.

(is all that Amiga-related?)

mmouse
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by mmouse » 2023-04-04, 22:06

Hello everyone

Just wanted to add that today I found a forum beginning by discuss., added discuss. in the universal (!) workaround, it did not work, and looking at the code noticed that this particular site used a cdn, so I needed to add also discuss-cdn, like this:

|^discuss\\.|^discuss-cdn\\.

and this forum worked.
So the apparent name of the forum may not always be enough to add a proper fix, looking at the network tab can be useful too to see what are the real URIs.

frostknight
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by frostknight » 2023-04-09, 20:20

back2themoon wrote:
2023-03-31, 18:15
It works normally here, with the fixes already described in this thread.
frostknight wrote:
2023-03-31, 17:30
That could be causing your problem.

(is all that Amiga-related?)
That depends, does using the latest palemoon web browser but without branding for the usual 64 bit linux, count?

If so, then yes, otherwise no.

;)

Ironically, though, this one does in fact work:

https://support.nitrokey.com/t/attempts ... eable/4954

Do I need to use gecko compatibility or firefox compatibility or native? That might be part of the issue. Not sure though
If it isn't broken, don't fix, unless you are a corporation, because that's the only way you can make money to the point where you can dominate the world in a megalomaniac sociopathic way that no one really wants that also heavily destroys the environment via data collection and wasting water

SMH...

If you believe Jesus is your savior, don't support any fascists, otherwise you are deceiving yourself.

I however, do believe in him. Don't let your pride blind you, lest you wish to be greatly humbled unexpectedly, as this will hurt on an agonizing scale

andyprough
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by andyprough » 2023-04-10, 00:54

frostknight wrote:
2023-04-09, 20:20
That depends, does using the latest palemoon web browser but without branding for the usual 64 bit linux, count?
To be fair, you are using a GNU/Linux distro that's missing a few of the typical features, so you and I have had to disable a few things in your Pale Moon build, including dbus, pulseaudio, alsa, and gconf. The reason we made the browser unbranded was to distinguish it as not being a normal Pale Moon build. Some or all of those missing items on both your GNU/Linux distro and your browser could possibly lead to trouble with the website you are trying to log into.

So it's not the branding or unbranding in your case that is likely causing difficulty with that site, but much more likely it's due to the stuff we had to disable when you and I built that version of Pale Moon for you. If you wanted to switch to using a typical distro like Trisquel, then you could use the official Linux version of Pale Moon and you would probably get a better browsing experience. But as long as you are using Hyperbola, you will have to put up with some sites that probably don't work because of what Hyperbola is missing.

frostknight
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by frostknight » 2023-04-10, 15:13

andyprough wrote:
2023-04-10, 00:54
The reason we made the browser unbranded was to distinguish it as not being a normal Pale Moon build. Some or all of those missing items on both your GNU/Linux distro and your browser could possibly lead to trouble with the website you are trying to log into.

So it's not the branding or unbranding in your case that is likely causing difficulty with that site, but much more likely it's due to the stuff we had to disable when you and I built that version of Pale Moon for you.
I didn't think this was a possibility, good to know. So I assume then, no one else has discourse issues anymore? I am surprised

SMH...

andyprough
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by andyprough » 2023-04-10, 16:32

frostknight wrote:
2023-04-10, 15:13
I
didn't think this was a possibility, good to know. So I assume then, no one else has discourse issues anymore? I am surprised
I don't know, I've never used discourse forums, could just be a badly built discourse forum. I was just pointing out that if it's failing because of your Pale Moon build it would be because of stuff we disabled so that it could build and run on Hyperbola GNU/Linux, not due to branding files. I don't know of anything in the branding files that would affect performance, and we didn't touch those files, we just disabled the official branding option when we built it.

purpleleaf
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by purpleleaf » 2023-04-13, 20:41

Today the discourse istance at https://community.e.foundation has stopped working.
the string reported here https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=29327&start=60#p237629 worked for me

purpleleaf
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by purpleleaf » 2023-04-14, 13:32

purpleleaf wrote:
2023-04-13, 20:41
the string reported here https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=29327&start=60#p237629 worked for me
Update: community.e.foundation doesn' work again. Other sites likes Manjaro's forum are still working.

adoxa
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by adoxa » 2023-04-14, 14:18

Code: Select all

[["/discourse|^discuss|^community\\.|^forum\\.|resource\\.dopus\\.com/",["/browser-detect-/",["/.*/g",""]],["/vendor-/",["/(t\\.discourse\\.hoisted|t\\[e\\]|r)(\\?\\?|\\|\\|)=(\\{\\}|\\[\\])/g","$1$2($1=$3)","n??=[]","n||(n=[])"]],["/discourse-/",["e.draft||=t.draft","e.draft||(e.draft=t.draft)","/(t\\.__registry__\\._typeInjections\\.service|[ne]|[fm]\\[e\\])(\\?\\?|\\|\\|)=(\\[\\]|\\{\\})/g","$1$2($1=$3)","(s||=","!s&&(s=","this._details??=","this._details=this._details??","this._similarTopicsMessage||=","this._similarTopicsMessage=this._similarTopicsMessage||","this._applicationElement??=","this._applicationElement=this._applicationElement??"]]]]

purpleleaf
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by purpleleaf » 2023-04-14, 16:48

@adoxa
many many thanks, it works like a charme :)

Daikun
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Daikun » 2023-04-18, 19:52

Can we get an updated script for PM 32.1.1?
EDIT: Never mind.
Last edited by Daikun on 2023-04-18, 20:32, edited 1 time in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2023-04-18, 19:53

Daikun wrote:
2023-04-18, 19:52
Would that be necessary? and if so, why?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Daikun
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Daikun » 2023-04-18, 20:15

Moonchild wrote:
2023-04-18, 19:53
Daikun wrote:
2023-04-18, 19:52
Would that be necessary? and if so, why?
So I can use the Discourse forums with the HTTP Response filter?
EDIT: Never mind. I just used the script that was posted a few days ago.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2023-04-19, 07:48

Daikun wrote:
2023-04-18, 20:15
So I can use the Discourse forums with the HTTP Response filter?
That depends on the Modify HTTP response extension, not the browser. At any rate, PM is a far more stable platform than Chromezilla browsers where extensions are concerned so unless the extension itself is broken with the new version of the browser (unlikely) there should be no problem.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2023-05-18, 14:01

Minor issue in resource.dopus.com. It should be possible to paste images from the clipboard into a reply, but the image never appears. To be honest, I don't know if this ever worked before in PM, in this or other Discourse fora forums.

Don't know if it's relevant, but noticed the URL varies between .com/* .com/t/* .com/c/* depending on the section visited.

purpleleaf
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by purpleleaf » 2023-05-21, 12:28

community.e.foundation and forum.manjaro.org don't work again
checked some other instances and them don't work also.

UCyborg
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by UCyborg » 2023-05-27, 23:23

Web browser must support aspect-ratio CSS property to pass Discourse's supported web browser check.

browser-detect.js

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2023-05-27, 23:43

UCyborg wrote:
2023-05-27, 23:23
Web browser must support aspect-ratio CSS property to pass Discourse's supported web browser check.

browser-detect.js
Already known.
See earlier in this topic
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Tharthan
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tharthan » 2023-06-05, 12:59

The Discourse forums that I am trying to access are still working just fine for me, and the ones that purpleleaf mentions seem to be coming up normally on my end.

So the workaround still seems to be working just fine, at least for me.
"This is a war against individuality and intelligence. Only thing we can do is stand strong."adesh, 9 January 2020

"I used to think I was a grumpy old man, but I don't hold a candle compared to Tharthan."Cassette, 9 September 2020