css filters applied on html tag dont cover entire page Topic is solved

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
leothetechguy
Moonbather
Moonbather

css filters applied on html tag dont cover entire page

Unread post by leothetechguy » 2023-01-10, 21:24

After tinkering with my site and adding Pale Moon support I discovered that css filters on the html tag don't cover the entire page, unlike in chrome and firefox.

Here's my (completely useless) site, on Pale Moon, the filter stops after all content is displayed and doesn't continue down to the end of the page.

https://0leo.neocities.org/

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: css filters applied on html tag dont cover entire page

Unread post by Moonchild » 2023-01-10, 21:28

It's exactly as-expected. Since your content body does not have enough content to fill the viewport, the effective rendered vertical size will be the content length (=implicit height).
If you want it to cover the page, set its height to 100%.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

leothetechguy
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by leothetechguy » 2023-01-10, 21:34

I already tried that, but applied the changes now anyway. After refreshing the cache there should be a 100% height tag inside the html style attribute, but the filter still doesn't get applied.

EDIT: Should have set it in the body. Pale Moon does actually render this correctly unlike every other browser, I'll just have to redesign the site then so the gradient stays dark at the bottom when i extend the body.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2023-01-10, 22:02

Yeah, html itself does not render. it's the language tag.
same way head doesn't render.
content is in the body, so that is where you determine how big the document is ;)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite