wix sites

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
vershner
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

wix sites

Unread post by vershner » 2023-01-06, 14:02

It seems that sites based on the Wix CMS have stopped working. They just throw up a page telling me to "upgrade" to another browser.

The site I noticed this on initially was www.sovietrepublic.net, the then I checked wix.com and got the same thing.

If I disable scripts then the site will load. I had a look in their code but could only find checks for IE. I'm no javascript expert though.
With wix.com, the top menu is available, and the link to the support pages works, and they load just fine.

I tried several different user agents but couldn't find one that works.

Anyone had any luck bypassing this silly check?

FranklinDM
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Re: wix sites

Unread post by FranklinDM » 2023-01-06, 14:46

It looks like Wix sites are now requiring support for WebComponents/Custom Elements:

Code: Select all

<!-- Old Browsers Deprecation -->
    document.body.appendChild(t),(0,c.reportPhaseStarted)("browser_not_supported")}(v||f||u.viewerModel.experiments["specs.thunderbolt.show_unsupported_browsers_if_not_compatible_custom_element"]&&!h)
Try setting the pref dom.webcomponents.enabled to true. More info here: viewtopic.php?f=70&t=28674&p=230864#p230864

vershner
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by vershner » 2023-01-06, 15:49

Thanks. Enabling webcomponents does get the page to load. However, it then doesn't load the images properly. I assume as it's disabled by default, webcomponents support is not complete?

If I download the page and remove the two deprecation scripts, the page loads correctly. I'm not sure how to automate that though. I can block scripts by domain, but is there a way to block a script by full url?

CodeLurker
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by CodeLurker » 2023-02-17, 01:01

Only if I set dom.webcomponents.enabled to "true" and set my user agent string to "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/110.0" having set the rv to 109, as per the tweak, will a particular Wix website display correctly: https://www.firehouseantiquesmall.com/. Refresh got it to display without the pictures, but clicking on a link to another tab on the website, and then on Home again got the pics to display too.

If I try to use the extension to do it, it doesn't work.

Browser fascists.