Jacqui Lawson cards

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
Dazed+Confused
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Jacqui Lawson cards

Unread post by Dazed+Confused » 2022-12-14, 10:35

OS Win 10 Pro 21H22

When you attempt to preview a card, the video page spins for a while then announces failure to download.
Works fine on Firefox

Reproduce - go to https://www.jacquielawson.com/card/chri ... ue/3537857 then attempt to play the card.

Got this from the error console

Code: Select all

VIDEOJS: WARN: Access to player.bcAnalytics.client is DEPRECATED.  
index.min.js:9:3592
Using //@ to indicate sourceMappingURL pragmas is deprecated. Use //# instead[Learn More]  
jquery-1.10.2.min.js:1
Using //@ to indicate sourceMappingURL pragmas is deprecated. Use //# instead[Learn More]  
jquery-1.10.2.min.js:1
Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated.  Use defaultPrevented instead. 
jquery-1.10.2.min.js:5:17117
VIDEOJS: WARN: Calling addRemoteTextTrack without explicitly setting the "manualCleanup" parameter to `true` is deprecated and default to `false` in future version of video.js 
VIDEOJS: ERROR: Error: Internal XMLHttpRequest Error
Stack trace:
j@https://players.brightcove.net/1640544087001/HJsZblZgb_default/index.min.js:9:15396
d@https://players.brightcove.net/1640544087001/HJsZblZgb_default/index.min.js:9:14755
 Object { body: undefined, headers: Object, statusCode: 0, method: undefined, url: undefined, rawRequest: undefined }  
VIDEOJS: ERROR: (CODE:-2 undefined)  Object { code: -2, type: "PLAYER_ERR_TIMEOUT", message: "" }  
VIDEOJS: WARN: Access to player.bcAnalytics.client is DEPRECATED.  

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Jacqui Lawson cards

Unread post by Night Wing » 2022-12-14, 13:34

I clicked on the link and once on the page, I clicked on the door of the card, "A Christmas Rescue" (with the two dogs) and it played for me. Maybe it plays for me because I accepted the cookie for the site.

And I chose another card, in the Wedding/Anniversary theme (Country Wedding) and the card played also.

At this time, I am using 64 bit linux Pale Moon 31.4.1 running in 64 bit linux Mint 21 (Vanessa) Xfce.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Dazed+Confused
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by Dazed+Confused » 2022-12-16, 20:11

Interesting - may well be a cookie related issue. I went to the Jacqui Lawson site and tried to enable cookies. Unfortunately clicking on the cookie management link failed to bring up a cookie management page ... or anything else.

In this case, Firefox fails the same way but goole chrome allows access to a cookie management page which shows analytic, advertising and social cookies are OFF.

Dazed+Confused
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by Dazed+Confused » 2022-12-28, 18:35

Night Wing wrote:
2022-12-14, 13:34
I clicked on the link and once on the page, I clicked on the door of the card, "A Christmas Rescue" (with the two dogs) and it played for me. Maybe it plays for me because I accepted the cookie for the site.

And I chose another card, in the Wedding/Anniversary theme (Country Wedding) and the card played also.

At this time, I am using 64 bit linux Pale Moon 31.4.1 running in 64 bit linux Mint 21 (Vanessa) Xfce.
Just noticed you are using linux. Haven't tried this on my small linux box but I still get this failure and other similar issues on Win 10.

somdcomputerguy
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by somdcomputerguy » 2022-12-28, 21:16

Win 10 Pro 21H2 and Pale Moon (64) 31.4.2

I accepted all the cookies (I just clicked the OK button in the cookie popup) and the digital card played (audio and video) correctly.
:cool: -bruce /* somdcomputerguy.com */
'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

Dazed+Confused
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by Dazed+Confused » 2022-12-29, 07:46

OK, so it works if cookies are accepted. It is still a bug but that might give a hint as to the fix.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-12-29, 11:25

Dazed+Confused wrote:
2022-12-29, 07:46
OK, so it works if cookies are accepted. It is still a bug but that might give a hint as to the fix.
Sorry, but no. If a site doesn't work because of a user's decision to block essential aspects of it, then that is not a browser bug.
We're not here to try and solve PEBCAK.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2022-12-29, 11:44

@ Dazed+Confused

Just an update for you.

The site still works for me since I updated to the newest Pale Moon, 64 bit linux Pale Moon 31.4.2 as well as I updated to the newest linux Mint distro which is 64 bit linux Mint 21.1 (Vera) Xfce.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Dazed+Confused
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by Dazed+Confused » 2022-12-29, 19:44

Moonchild wrote:
2022-12-29, 11:25
Dazed+Confused wrote:
2022-12-29, 07:46
Sorry, but no. If a site doesn't work because of a user's decision to block essential aspects of it, then that is not a browser bug.
We're not here to try and solve PEBCAK.
The cookies are not essential. The site works perfectly on 4 other browsers with the same block that I use on every site I visit (permit essential cookies, block all others). The cookie options offered by the site automatically include all cookies regarded as essential. The ones I declined are flagged as being needed for things like facebook. I went back to reset the cookie options to allow all but the button for managing cookies is another of those which do not work on palemoon. I eventually managed to allow all cookies by resetting the site cookie options in chrome. This got me to the display-the-card option but that failed "unable to load video."

I am sorry to say that I have reached the limit of my patience with palemoon. There are simply too many sites which misbehave on PM but work acceptably on any other browser I try. It also seems very resource hungry - palemoon running ~ 60 connections is currently consuming 5.5GB memory and 5.5% of my CPU. (Ryzen 9 5950X with 32GB memory). Firefox running 50% more sessions consumes <900MB memory and 0.3%CPU. I'll keep PM installed and try it occasionally to see if there is any improvement.

I wish you good luck with PM but it is easier to work around the quirks of firefox than use PM and have to constantly switch to FF for trivia like home banking.

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2022-12-29, 20:10

Dazed+Confused wrote:
2022-12-29, 19:44
There are simply too many sites which misbehave on PM but work acceptably on any other browser I try.
You really should wait for just one more version. There are a number of recent fixes in the forthcoming release that will specifically resolve some of these "misbehaving" site issues. If January's PM release still doesn't meet your needs, then bail.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

Dazed+Confused
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by Dazed+Confused » 2022-12-29, 20:20

Nigaikaze wrote:
2022-12-29, 20:10
Dazed+Confused wrote:
There are simply too many sites which misbehave on PM but work acceptably on any other browser I try.
You really should wait for just one more version. There are a number of recent fixes in the forthcoming release that will specifically resolve some of these "misbehaving" site issues. If January's PM release still doesn't meet your needs, then bail.
Thanks for that info. As I said, I will keep it installed for now so I'll give it a try when the next version appears.

Dazed+Confused
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by Dazed+Confused » 2023-01-24, 18:22

Dazed+Confused wrote:
2022-12-29, 20:20
Nigaikaze wrote:
2022-12-29, 20:10
Dazed+Confused wrote:
Thanks for that info. As I said, I will keep it installed for now so I'll give it a try when the next version appears.
OK, downloaded and tried the new release. The card bug appears to have been fixed and behaviour on YouTube is also now acceptable. I'll run it for a while and see how I get on.

Thanks for the tip.

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2023-01-24, 18:31

You're very welcome. I hope it works out for you.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2023-01-24, 20:02

@ Dazed+Confused

FWIW, I just tried out a few Jacqui Lawson cards and all the ones I tried, they all worked with the newly released (today) 64 bit linux Pale Moon (32.0.0).