UK National Savings

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
cannonmc
Moon lover
Moon lover

UK National Savings

Unread post by cannonmc » 2022-11-11, 23:43

Not so much a compatibility question, just sheer arrogance

http://www.nsandi.com/

Went to the main site yesterday to be met with this:

"Browser requirements

A browser is the tool that lets you view and use our website and online service. You need to update your browser from time-to-time to make sure your browsing experience is secure and works correctly.

Our online service works with most commonly used browsers and devices, but some browsers and older versions are not compatible. To access our online service you must be using one of the following browsers – ideally with the most up-to-date version installed. Click on the name of your chosen browser to find out how to update to the latest version.
Supported browsers

Safari version 11 or later for macOS and iOS
Google Chrome version 60 or later on Windows, Android, macOS and iOS
Microsoft Edge version 79 or later for Windows and macOS
Mozilla Firefox version 56 or later for Windows and macOS (Firefox for Mobile is not supported)
Opera version 60.3 or later for Windows and macOS (Opera Touch is not supported)"

Considering they hold thousands of pounds on my money I consider it an outrage they should force me to install unwanted software before I can access it

somdcomputerguy
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: UK National Savings

Unread post by somdcomputerguy » 2022-11-12, 00:00

cannonmc wrote:
2022-11-11, 23:43
Considering they hold thousands of pounds of my money I consider it an outrage they should force me to install unwanted software before I can access it.
You should tell them that. I highly doubt they will change their directive, but you should tell them how you feel. Get as many people as you can that use browsers other than the ones listed to do the same.
:cool: -bruce /* somdcomputerguy.com */
'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-11-12, 00:13

I poked around a littke and didn't get stopped at the door. when going to their account login page, all it did was give me a warning:
Your browser is not officially supported. Make sure it is up-to-date to avoid security risks.
Which should be just fine to do, if they don't want to officially support Pale Moon.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Pentium4User
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Pentium4User » 2022-11-12, 06:48

cannonmc wrote:
2022-11-11, 23:43
Google Chrome version 60 or later on Windows, Android, macOS and iOS
Microsoft Edge version 79 or later for Windows and macOS
Mozilla Firefox version 56 or later for Windows and macOS (Firefox for Mobile is not supported)
Opera version 60.3 or later for Windows and macOS (Opera Touch is not supported)"[/b]
Rather old browser versions they still support, but they complain about Pale Moon...
The profile picture shows my Maico EC30 E ceiling fan.

puppyX
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by puppyX » 2022-11-12, 09:58

Given the same browser warning. No online account so, can't try the sign in but can check my numbers. I didn't win a thing - again. :(
Attachments
ns&i.JPG