irs.gov worked up until latest PM 31.3.0 update Topic is solved

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

irs.gov worked up until latest PM 31.3.0 update

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2022-09-27, 15:46

URL: https://sa.www4.irs.gov/irfof/lang/en/irfofgetstatus.jsp.

Website worked as of the day before the browser 31.3.0 update.

Now the site gets this result in Pale Moon:
Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://sa.www4.irs.gov/irfof/IRServlet?" on this server.

Reference #18.b6467b68.1664292917.4335a021

The website continues to work on all other browsers (currently tested using FF as of today and others).

Errors (note: the website has been working for many years presumably with these same errors prior the current PM update)

Code: Select all

Timestamp: 9/27/2022 8:30:46 AM
Error: The character encoding of the HTML document was not declared. The document will render with garbled text in some browser configurations if the document contains characters from outside the US-ASCII range. The character encoding of the page must be declared in the document or in the transfer protocol.
Source File: file:///C:/Users/Mike/Documents/start/Pale%20Moon%20start-page%20plus.html
Line: 0
Timestamp: 9/27/2022 8:30:46 AM
Error: TypeError: document.getElementById(...) is null
Source File: chrome://butwhymod/content/browser.js
Line: 28
Timestamp: 9/27/2022 8:30:54 AM
Timestamp: 9/27/2022 8:30:54 AM
I doubt these errors are an issue (at least they were obviously not an issue prior to the most recent PM update).

ADDENDUM:
What I get in Safe-Mode:
Site worked seamlessly until PM31.3 update (continues to work in other browsers)
Site worked seamlessly until PM31.3 update (continues to work in other browsers)
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: irs.gov worked up until latest PM 31.3.0 update

Unread post by back2themoon » 2022-09-27, 16:25

It loads fine here, no Access Denied message. Try clearing cookies/history/cache and restart Pale Moon.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2022-09-27, 16:34

I had cleared cookies/cache - cleared both again still problems...

so I now also cleared history as well and it works again. thanks for the feedback. :thumbup:
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

basicuser
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by basicuser » 2022-09-27, 18:50

FWIW, I also have been getting the “access denied…” screen, this has been going on for many months, trying to check my refund. I have had the same problem with Firefox, Brave and Librewolf, on Windows and Mint. My experience has been it will deny access dozens of tries, but then just opens and works as it should. Well, just tried it again and it worked on first try with Mint and Pale Moon 31.2.0.1. IIRC had the same problem last year. (BTW, always clear cookies first) I blame the government. ;
Stay away from crowds.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2022-09-27, 21:13

^ Interesting, because I've been using the site for many years and never seen this before today (and I had tested earlier today on multiple browser when I started getting this issue on PM after updating to v31.3 and all other browsers continued to work except PM). Water under the bridge, as it's now working OK last time I checked on PM....

lets' see (just to make sure).... wow - back to:

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://sa.www4.irs.gov/irfof/IRServlet?" on this server.

Reference #18.35ef6368.1664313436.2cec9cfc

I guess I'm just joining the club after having good fortune for so long.... I guess if I need to, I'll keep in mind clearing browser "History" (besides cache and cookies)....