comcast bitdefender sprouts parts of web page not visible

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
8E0S+[5M]0
New to the forum
New to the forum

comcast bitdefender sprouts parts of web page not visible

Unread post by 8E0S+[5M]0 » 2022-09-19, 18:56

Parts of some web pages are not visible in PM or Seamonkey; visible in Firefox. On similar areas of each browser, I select: inspect element (Q). Firefox shows area as a flexbox; PM shows: <div class= "accordion-items"> </div>; Seamonkey shows same info as PM. I restarted in safe mode for both PM and Seamonkey to make sure add-ons not causing the issue.

This is from bitdefender.com web page
SyntaxError: bad method definition
clientlib-site.lc-b4fc4ff8f47f46e51d89e543d64aeeed-lc.min.js:39:9
ReferenceError: checkCookie is not defined[Learn More]
password-manager.html:2219:1
ReferenceError: pageErrorHandling is not defined[Learn More]
core.wcm.components.commons.datalayer.v1.lc-b496bca2a7bef69bfd24616c5b56f685-lc.min.js:5:457

On Sprouts web site, firefox shows similar items as a: "flex" item of div.css.

On Comcast web site, using Firefox, the log in area is a flexbox, which shows correctly. On PM and Seamonkey I am not able to see the flexbox; so nowhere to log in. It seems some web sites with similar text boxes or flexboxes, with ad images of items for sale, the images aren't visible. I prefer to use Palemoon or Seamonkey; but on some web sites, if I have to view or log in I am not able to see the content or input box. I must be doing something wrong. I refuse to use google chrome or ms edge browsers; I will use Brave browser, if I absolutely have to.

I have checked all of my preference settings, but I am at a loss as to why some of these web page elements are not visible. I may have a simple setting not properly selected; but I am not sure what I am doing incorrectly or what setting I have set improperly or incorrectly.

Your assistance is greatfully and thankfully appreciated. My apologies if I am in the wrong forum area or I have not given sufficient info.

I am using Windows 10 Home 64 bit; updated; Intel Core i3 pc, 8GB RAM, an older motherboard: Gigabyte P55M-UD2; with a 240 GB SSD. I have similar issues in my dual boot LinuxMint 18.3 environment. Under LinuxMint, On some web sites, I have to use Firefox or Chromium.

M

Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.

Please try and include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:

1) Clear any current output
2) Navigate or refresh the page in question
3) Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.

Code: Select all

**PASTE CONSOLE OUTPUT HERE**

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: comcast bitdefender sprouts parts of web page not visible

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-09-19, 20:35

We can't really do much with this report. While I understand you put time into your post it's a jumbled mess about 3 websites at once.
Please try to make as clear reports as possible, one thread per website. Please use the template provided, as well, which you left in place at the bottom.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

somdcomputerguy
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by somdcomputerguy » 2022-09-19, 21:37

Is it a shame or a blessing that a website operated by a company that says it's a cybersecurity leader delivering best-in-class threat prevention, detection, and response solutions worldwide only works correctly in a chromy browser?
:cool: -bruce /* somdcomputerguy.com */
'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-09-19, 21:56

I'd say it's pretty lousy PR. ;)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

somdcomputerguy
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by somdcomputerguy » 2022-09-19, 22:07

Ya, I'd have to agree. The previous post of mine was pretty much just a rant that I was close to deleting instead of actually posting since it really didn't contribute anything helpful to this thread. I'm glad it got a chuckle though. :thumbup:
:cool: -bruce /* somdcomputerguy.com */
'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

franstam
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by franstam » 2022-09-20, 14:18

somdcomputerguy wrote:
2022-09-19, 22:07
Ya, I'd have to agree. The previous post of mine was pretty much just a rant that I was close to deleting instead of actually posting since it really didn't contribute anything helpful to this thread. I'm glad it got a chuckle though. :thumbup:
i agree completely. people dont see the bigger picture but just the pretty picture painted by others for them