Aomei forum is blank

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
Bill_C
New to the forum
New to the forum

Aomei forum is blank

Unread post by Bill_C » 2022-09-11, 06:36

I am trying out the Pale Moon browser Version: 27.10.0 (64-bit) (2022-08-26) and I am using it in Windows XP 64-bit.

This site is blank:

https://www.aomeitech.com/forum/

It opens up fine in Firefox ESR 52.9.0

In Pale Moon, in the Console Tool Box Options, if i disable JavaScript it works.

Any help on this please?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Aomei forum is blank

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-09-11, 07:48

Seems to work just fine for me...

Can you please include the output of Help->Troubleshooting information so we can see what extensions you have or what settings you may have changed?
Attachments
FireShot Pro Screen Capture #346 - 'AOMEI Forum' - www.aomeitech.com_forum.png
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

gepus
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gepus » 2022-09-11, 10:10

Moonchild wrote:
2022-09-11, 07:48
Seems to work just fine for me...

Can you please include the output of Help->Troubleshooting information ...
Did you test with version 27.10.0 on WinXP? :)

jobbautista9
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by jobbautista9 » 2022-09-11, 12:04

OP, please ask for support to whoever is distributing that Windows XP build. And tell them too that they cannot use Pale Moon branding as we really do not support such ancient operating systems.

merry mimas

XUL add-ons developer. You can find a list of add-ons I manage at http://rw.rs/~job/software.html.

Mima avatar by 絵虎. Pixiv post: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/15431817

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-09-11, 12:37

Oh, I completely missed that such an old version was used, to begin with. Please use a current version on a supported O.S. if you want support here. And as said if you are using an unofficial fork/build, kindly ask support from the people publishing that.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

athenian200
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by athenian200 » 2022-09-11, 14:17

Bill_C wrote:
2022-09-11, 06:36
I am trying out the Pale Moon browser Version: 27.10.0 (64-bit) (2022-08-26) and I am using it in Windows XP 64-bit.
Windows XP is not a supported operating system. In fact, I don't believe we ever supported Windows XP 64-bit... when it was supported, I think we only supported the 32-bit version? I could be wrong, though.

But yeah. If you are on an older system, I would recommend upgrading to a newer version of Windows, or else trying out a lightweight Linux build. Continuing to use XP is just not reasonable.
"The Athenians, however, represent the unity of these opposites; in them, mind or spirit has emerged from the Theban subjectivity without losing itself in the Spartan objectivity of ethical life. With the Athenians, the rights of the State and of the individual found as perfect a union as was possible at all at the level of the Greek spirit." -- Hegel's philosophy of Mind

Bill_C
New to the forum
New to the forum

Unread post by Bill_C » 2022-09-12, 03:57

My apologies guys about all this.

I have just realised that I have joined the wrong forum and should never have posted my question here.

This browser I am testing is actually called "New Moon". It is obscured but when clicking Help, About, it states this in small print:

New Moon is an unofficial version of Pale Moon released for Windows XP/Server 2003/ReactOS. Therefore you may not ask support in official Pale Moon places like forum and so. There is a forum topic in MSFN.

It looks like I need to go to the MSFN Forum.

Also, it is confusing and annoying that right across the Menu Bar are 4 links / buttons to your Pale Moon Forum for help and FAQs. That caused me to make this mistake.
Last edited by Bill_C on 2022-09-12, 09:14, edited 2 times in total.

jobbautista9
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by jobbautista9 » 2022-09-12, 06:47

I see. It would be better if they replace the default bookmarks, they aren't using the official branding anyway so they're allowed to do that.

merry mimas

XUL add-ons developer. You can find a list of add-ons I manage at http://rw.rs/~job/software.html.

Mima avatar by 絵虎. Pixiv post: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/15431817