Booking.com - Blank Calendar?

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
geraldh
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Booking.com - Blank Calendar?

Unread post by geraldh » 2022-06-18, 16:35

Dear Palemooners. I am a long time user and advocate and now using it nearly exclusively on Linux Mint 20.1 XFCE.

Firstly I would like to thank you all for your magnificent efforts against the odds with the ongoing development of the browser.

I am having problems with Booking.com. I'm on the latest Palemoon 31.1.0. On the main page of booking.com one can enter the destination and would then choose check-in & check-out dates from a pop up calendar. The calendar pops up, but it is blank and so it is not possible to select anything. I have tried disabling all my extensions and installed a fresh copy of Palemoon on another version of Linux in Virtualbox , but I have the same problem.

Curiously I have an older version of Palemoon 26.5 on a Windows XP virtualmachine and the calendar appears to work on this. Is there some kind of workaround?

Thank you.

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Booking.com - Blank Calendar?

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2022-06-18, 19:32

Forum Rules in the red box above wrote: Please try and include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
1. Cear any current output
2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

gepus
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gepus » 2022-06-18, 20:48

Seems to be a regression.
The calendar pops up with v29.4.6.

geraldh
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by geraldh » 2022-06-19, 07:58

Apologies for not pasting in the errors, but I don't seem to be able to copy text in the Error Console. I've hopefully found another way to paste it in below.

Code: Select all

Use of attributes’ nodeValue attribute is deprecated. Use value instead.  
1db153779310b2504a3ace3640fa90cc6a6c33c6.js:4:24275
Strict-Transport-Security: The site specified a header that could not be parsed successfully.[Learn More]  
init
Strict-Transport-Security: The site specified a header that could not be parsed successfully.[Learn More]  
is_enabled
i
p

mkahn321

Unread post by mkahn321 » 2022-06-20, 06:47

You can unhide the calendar boxes by using the Stylish addon. Apparently the calendar tables are wider than the screen and centered: you can only see the left margin.

@-moz-document domain("www.booking.com") {
div.bui-calendar__content{display:block!important;}
table{display:block!important;}
}

gepus
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gepus » 2022-06-20, 07:37

@mkahn321
It's preferable for regressions to get fixed instead of suggesting workarounds. ;)