en.mapy.cz

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
scaffold
Moongazer
Moongazer

en.mapy.cz

Unread post by scaffold » 2022-06-13, 20:22

Operating system: Gentoo Linux
Browser version: 31.1.0 - compiled from git source
32-bit or 64-bit?: 64
Problem URL: en.mapy.cz
Theme: Australium
Installed add-ons: none
Installed plugins: none

https://en.mapy.cz/ is nice alternative to google maps.
Unfortunately just clicking on the link crashes browser and X session. It seems related to accept cookies popup. PM v29 could hang the system, you could only do hard reset. Now it is better: en.mapy.cz just kills the browser and X session ;)

jobbautista9
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Re: en.mapy.cz

Unread post by jobbautista9 » 2022-06-14, 08:10

I can't reproduce the crash here, even with the official mainline build. What is your mozconfig and build environment (e.g. whether you're using gcc or clang, compiler version, RAM)?

merry mimas

XUL add-ons developer. You can find a list of add-ons I manage at http://rw.rs/~job/software.html.

Mima avatar by 絵虎. Pixiv post: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/15431817

scaffold
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by scaffold » 2022-06-14, 10:41

Possibly something specific in my system. I don't think my PM build is the cause because it works rather well lately. It is just en.mapy.cz which doesn't work, tough with Seamonkey (compiled with the same optimizations) is ok.
My hardware: AMD FX-8300, older Radeon whith GCN2 core, 16GB RAM. Maybe old but it is fast enough for me :)
It is my .mozconfig:

Code: Select all

mk_add_options PYTHON=/usr/bin/python2
mk_add_options AUTOCONF=/usr/bin/autoconf-2.13

# Clear this if not a 64bit build
_BUILD_64=1

# Set GTK Version to 2 or 3
_GTK_VERSION=3

# Standard build options for Pale Moon
ac_add_options --enable-application=palemoon
ac_add_options --enable-optimize="-O2 -w -march=bdver1 -pipe"
ac_add_options --enable-default-toolkit=cairo-gtk3
ac_add_options --enable-jemalloc
ac_add_options --enable-strip
ac_add_options --enable-devtools
ac_add_options --enable-av1
ac_add_options --disable-gamepad
ac_add_options --disable-tests
ac_add_options --disable-debug
ac_add_options --disable-debug-symbols 
(someone here gave such a hint to compile faster, on my 11 years old FX-8300 PM compiles in 40 minutes, i think it is good)
ac_add_options --disable-necko-wifi
ac_add_options --disable-updater
ac_add_options --disable-pulseaudio 
ac_add_options --with-pthreads

# Please see https://www.palemoon.org/redist.shtml for restrictions when using the official branding.
ac_add_options --enable-official-branding
ac_add_options --x-libraries=/usr/lib64

export MOZILLA_OFFICIAL=1
export MOZ_PKG_SPECIAL=gtk3

jobbautista9
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by jobbautista9 » 2022-06-14, 11:07

What compiler (and version) are you using?

merry mimas

XUL add-ons developer. You can find a list of add-ons I manage at http://rw.rs/~job/software.html.

scaffold
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by scaffold » 2022-06-14, 11:17

Gentoo gcc

gcc -v

Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/libexec/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/11.2.1/lto-wrapper
Target: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
Configured with: /tt/portage/portage/sys-devel/gcc-11.2.1_p20220115/work/gcc-11-20220115/configure --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --bindir=/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/11.2.1 --includedir=/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/11.2.1/include --datadir=/usr/share/gcc-data/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/11.2.1 --mandir=/usr/share/gcc-data/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/11.2.1/man --infodir=/usr/share/gcc-data/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/11.2.1/info --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/11.2.1/include/g++-v11 --with-python-dir=/share/gcc-data/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/11.2.1/python --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran --enable-obsolete --enable-secureplt --disable-werror --with-system-zlib --enable-nls --without-included-gettext --disable-libunwind-exceptions --enable-checking=release --with-bugurl=https://bugs.gentoo.org/ --with-pkgversion='Gentoo 11.2.1_p20220115 p4' --disable-esp --enable-libstdcxx-time --disable-libstdcxx-pch --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-clocale=gnu --disable-multilib --with-multilib-list=m64 --disable-fixed-point --enable-targets=all --enable-libgomp --disable-libssp --disable-libada --disable-cet --disable-systemtap --disable-valgrind-annotations --disable-vtable-verify --disable-libvtv --without-zstd --enable-lto --without-isl --enable-default-pie --enable-default-ssp
Thread model: posix
Supported LTO compression algorithms: zlib
gcc version 11.2.1 20220115 (Gentoo 11.2.1_p20220115 p4)

jobbautista9
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by jobbautista9 » 2022-06-14, 11:35

Hmm, ok. Other than the fact that you disabled debug symbols, which would be a bad idea if you need a callstack from a segfault, your mozconfig and build configuration looks good to me. Btw speaking of segfault, is your browser a segfault? You also said earlier that it's related to an "accept cookies popup", and now that I noticed it, I never got such popup even in a fresh profile in the mainline build. Maybe that's why I couldn't reproduce the crash on my end; I am not in a GDPR country.

Can you try the following please:

1. Check if the same website crashes the browser in the official mainline build
2. Try building with GCC 11.3, which has been available since April (why is your Gentoo still using 11.2?)
3. Remove --disable-debug-symbols from your build, and if it still crashes, provide a callstack for Moonchild to check
4. Unset the -march option. Or maybe just use -march=native.
5. Try fooling the website's location sniffing by using a proxy not in the EU. Anything that won't show the cookie popup really; let's see if that's what's causing the browser to crash.

merry mimas

dinosaur
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by dinosaur » 2022-06-14, 12:03

Working fine, here (from UE), with a custom Linux build (done with gcc v12.1).

In my compiler options, I however always add "-fno-delete-null-pointer-checks", since I found out in the past that, sometimes, compilers were being way too optimistic about "useless" NULL pointer checks and removed them when they should not...

Code: Select all

about:buildconfig
Build platform
target
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
Build tools
Compiler 	Version 	Compiler flags
/usr/bin/gcc -std=gnu99 	12.1.0 	-Wall -Wempty-body -Wignored-qualifiers -Wpointer-arith -Wsign-compare -Wtype-limits -Wunreachable-code -Wno-error=maybe-uninitialized -Wno-error=deprecated-declarations -Wno-error=array-bounds -Wno-error=multistatement-macros -flifetime-dse=1 -fno-strict-aliasing -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-math-errno -pipe -msse2 -mfpmath=sse -pthread
/usr/bin/g++ -std=gnu++11 	12.1.0 	-Wall -Wc++11-compat -Wempty-body -Wignored-qualifiers -Woverloaded-virtual -Wpointer-arith -Wsign-compare -Wtype-limits -Wunreachable-code -Wwrite-strings -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wc++14-compat -Wc++1z-compat -Wimplicit-fallthrough -Wno-error=maybe-uninitialized -Wno-error=deprecated-declarations -Wno-error=array-bounds -Wno-error=multistatement-macros -flifetime-dse=1 -fno-exceptions -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-rtti -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-exceptions -fno-math-errno -pipe -msse2 -mfpmath=sse -pthread -O2 -fPIC -fomit-frame-pointer -fexpensive-optimizations -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -fno-align-labels -fno-align-loops -fsched-pressure -frename-registers -fweb -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-stack-protector -pipe -Wformat -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-format-overflow -Wno-multistatement-macros -Wno-unused-result -Wno-unused-variable -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-maybe-uninitialized -Wno-unused-function -Wno-implicit-fallthrough -Wno-class-memaccess -fomit-frame-pointer
Configure options

--enable-application=palemoon --with-external-source-dir=/usr/src/rpm/BUILD/palemoon-31.1.0 --disable-debug-symbols --enable-default-toolkit=cairo-gtk2-x11 MAKE=make --enable-system-hunspell --disable-accessibility --enable-chrome-format=omni --disable-crashreporter --enable-devtools --disable-gamepad --disable-necko-wifi --enable-official-branding '--enable-optimize=-O2 -fPIC -fomit-frame-pointer -fexpensive-optimizations -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -fno-align-labels -fno-align-loops -fsched-pressure -frename-registers -fweb -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-stack-protector -pipe -Wformat -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-format-overflow -Wno-multistatement-macros -Wno-unused-result -Wno-unused-variable -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-maybe-uninitialized -Wno-unused-function -Wno-implicit-fallthrough -Wno-class-memaccess' --disable-parental-controls --enable-release --enable-strip --disable-tests --disable-updater --with-pthreads --with-system-bz2 --with-system-zlib --x-libraries=/usr/lib64

scaffold
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by scaffold » 2022-06-14, 12:15

Ok. I've now checked this site with 'enable third party cookies' and ... works :) Should have try before...
Funny thing it now works despite disabling this option.
(with deleting cookies closing PM - as usually - my default setting)

Blacklab
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Blacklab » 2022-06-14, 18:41

scaffold wrote:Ok. I've now checked this site with 'enable third party cookies' and ... works :) Should have try before...
Funny thing it now works despite disabling this option.
(with deleting cookies closing PM - as usually - my default setting)
I think you are saying that you did a browser restart?
A restart is required to reset the Privacy Preference 'Accept third-party cookies and site data'
...otherwise the Preference will stay 'as was' for the current session despite disabling this option.... until the next browser restart.

scaffold
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by scaffold » 2022-06-14, 19:45

Yes, I've restarted the browser. A couple times. It is funny and strange.
My default options are to delete all cookies at closing the PM. And to not accept third party cookies. My profile is unchanged while upgrading PM. After upgrading to v31 (from v29) the browser crashed just after "accept cookies" popup emerged. So I had suspected the problem lays here. There was no exceptions. The site always crashed the browser killing X session too.
So I've enabled third party cookies and restarted PM. It worked. Then disabled again this option (restored to my original settings) and restarted again. It works now. I've now restarted PM a couple of times and it works, no problems...

scaffold
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by scaffold » 2022-06-14, 20:02

Ok, I've done one more check. After reboot en.mapy.cz is crashing PM again :)
So solution described above works only if the system is not rebooted. Now, maybe it has something to do with dbus?
At the end of compiling the PM there was the warning about missing dbus python module. I've ignored it because generally my PM works well.

jobbautista9
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by jobbautista9 » 2022-06-15, 02:57

If you don't have dbus installed, then you could try disabling it using andyprough's mozconfig. But really, you're just better off having dbus and gconf installed; I think Gentoo provides those. The only good reason you wouldn't have both installed is if you're in an obscure distro like Hyperbola. Anyway, why not just use the official mainline binaries? It doesn't seem like you need to compile the browser; I compile my own because I need to make Pale Moon support sndio. And the fact that you're building with debug symbols disabled is just going to make debugging harder for us and you. This is why it's official policy that you're on your own when you compile the browser; and if you encounter bugs, you must always use the official binaries first in a fresh profile before reporting.

Btw I tried disabling third-party cookies, and the site still didn't crash for me.

merry mimas

scaffold
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by scaffold » 2022-06-17, 10:37

I've actualized my Gentoo and the problem disappeared. I don't know what was the cause and don't want to guess. It could be some lib or maybe something other. PM is the same as before anyway, I've not compiled it again. So it must have been something in the system.
Or ... developers of mapy.cz corrected their code maybe ;)