spectrum.net is broken, reported to their dev team

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
BenFenner
Astronaut
Astronaut

spectrum.net is broken, reported to their dev team

Unread post by BenFenner » 2022-05-26, 17:11

It seems https://www.spectrum.net tries to fallback with a polyfill but fails. The site never loads anything but a loading animation. I've reported the issue to their technical support and hopefully it gets fixed soon. I'm experiencing this on both Windows 7 and Linux Mint with PM 31.0.0.
If someone else could confirm, that would be nice. (I turned off eMatrix and got the same result.)

This is a different issue, unrelated to: viewtopic.php?f=70&t=28207

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: spectrum.net is broken, reported to their dev team

Unread post by Night Wing » 2022-05-26, 18:53

Confirmed.

After clicking on the link you provided (and thank you for providing the clickable link) I cannot get to Spectrum either.
At this time I am using 64 bit Linux Pale Moon 31.0.0 running in 64 bit linux Mint 20.3 (Una) Xfce.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-05-26, 22:08

"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

BenFenner
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by BenFenner » 2022-05-27, 15:20

Thanks for the confirmation Night Wing and the additional context Moonchild. If I get the chance (unlikely) I will pass this info on to their dev team.

WiseWolf

Unread post by WiseWolf » 2022-05-29, 06:22

BenFenner wrote:
2022-05-27, 15:20
Thanks for the confirmation Night Wing and the additional context Moonchild. If I get the chance (unlikely) I will pass this info on to their dev team.
Do you think Spectrum and other big business like websites will do anything?

I almost wonder if it helps or hurts in some cases.

BenFenner
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by BenFenner » 2022-06-02, 20:19

I have my suspicions, but I've also been pleasantly surprised in the past. For sure the first step is to give them a chance, no?

BenFenner
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by BenFenner » 2022-06-23, 13:15

Month #2 and it's still broken. I called and was told my ticket from last month was closed with no resolution. They are re-opening the ticket and claim one of the web developers will be in contact with me in the next 72 hours to get more details.

BenFenner
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by BenFenner » 2022-07-18, 13:13

Month #3. Nothing has changed on their end. Calling customer support was a different experience this time. I was told there is absolutely no way to contact the web dev team, my report has gone nowhere, and I should not have been told to expect the web dev team to contact me for more details.

I have a permanent note in my file for them to wave the $5 pay-by-phone fee for me so I don't have to explain myself every month going forward.

According to this one support person, there is no way to report a bug in the web site. He said he might bring up this type of request in his next meeting but I'm not holding my breath.

In all likelihood this is a complete dead-end. So maybe broaching the subject with the SvelteKit team is more likely to bear fruit.
Edit: I've made them aware with a post on an issue that seemed related: https://github.com/sveltejs/kit/issues/ ... 1187427597

BenFenner
Astronaut
Astronaut

spectrum.net is fixed as of PM 32.2.0

Unread post by BenFenner » 2023-05-18, 14:00

Ordinal thread: spectrum.net is broken, reported to their dev team
This is a follow-up to a thread of mine that has timed-out.
Subscribers to that thread, you're on your own.
I still maintain this time-out feature hurts us all more than it helps, but I digress.

----

As of Pale Moon 32.2.0, https://www.spectrum.net is generally working properly, allows me to log in and perform actions, etc.

Thank you all for the excellent work this release, and for the quickly improving web compatibility across the board as of late. :clap: