Not working with video on cbsnews.com

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
jlparker
New to the forum
New to the forum

Not working with video on cbsnews.com

Unread post by jlparker » 2022-05-10, 23:33

64-bit version 31.0.0 on Windows 10
Won't play video at cbsnews.com/live. Plays the silent preview but just shows a black box afterward.
Have tried safe mode and with all add-ons disabled. If it's working for anyone else,what are you doing that I'm not or vice versa? Thanks.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Not working with video on cbsnews.com

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-05-11, 00:16

I got it to work by first disabling my adblocker because they won't allow you to do anything unless you agree to their ads, and then setting dom.webcomponents.enabled to true for the duration of my visit to that particular site. Google webcomponents support is required on that site, but our implementation is incomplete so it's strongly discouraged to keep it enabled on all sites.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

jlparker
New to the forum
New to the forum

Unread post by jlparker » 2022-05-11, 05:53

That fixed it, partially. Thanks so much. Now how do I make it fullscreem, or is that possible?

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2022-05-11, 10:23

That's up to the embedded video, if it has a fullscreen button. Or press F11 to toggle the whole browser fullscreen so that you get a slightly bigger viewing area for the video.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX